Search results

1. Mark0

Scored a Sansui turntable w/o leaving my shop!

Shackman,, Thanks for clearing that up. In that senerio it would effect the speed.
  2. Mark0

The more I think about in my head the more unlikely a belt can be the reason for higher speeds. The inside dia is always the same no matter how thick the belt is. Like Tarl said a worn platter belt drum would cause slightly higher speeds, but I cant see that wearing to the point where speed...
  3. Mark0

I cant see how a belt can make a TT spin faster.
  4. Mark0

That has the same plinth as my SR-717. The side panels are veneer . One thing to check on that table is the feet. Due to its weight and age they tend to sag. Look at the feet and check that the plastic outer sheels are not making contact with the bottom of the plinth or uneven height when the...
  5. Mark0

have to give Rega customer service props

Love it when companies step up. I had a similar experiance with Harman Kardon fixing my 6 month out of waranty reciever for no charge.
  6. Mark0

Changed IC and bypassed Printed Circuit board (SL-1200)

Decided to upgrade the stock IC cable on my SL-1200 yesterday and while in the process of desoldering, riped up the printed circuit on the board. (Yeah I know, Good job). The only thing I could do was solder directly to the tonearm wires where they connect up to the board which I did with no...
  7. Mark0

cool looking ortofon sh-4 headshells

Thats odd thet ts all the way forward. You sure thats set up right?
  8. Mark0

And They Say Vinyl is Dead

The SR-838 only came in the beautiful gloss piano black.
  9. Mark0

Yup, A little on the heavy side if the cart you are using is on the heavy side also. Going to dremel mine out if I get a need for it. Maybe when I get the Ortofon Blue.
  10. Mark0

My new Sansui SR-838! It's great!

Good catch. I had one on my watch list on Ebay for a few days. It sat at $300 then it skyrocketed to $700 at the end of the auction.
  11. Mark0

Anyone know where I can get Jelco repair parts?

Whats that arm going on Deli? I plan on getting the 250st for my 1200 when funds allow. Hopefully soon.
  12. Mark0

My New Stylus Force Guage

That scale is sold under many names. google "Stylus Force Guage" and you will find it.
  13. Mark0

Its about 1 5/16 from gromment to beging of slot. 1 7/8 to the end of the slots. 5/16 from top of headshell to centerline of pins.
  14. Mark0

I have one. I always seem to catch the long cue arm with my finger. Not used to the extra lenth and the curve. Thing is I cant use it on my SL-1200 Its a tad lower than the stock Technics shell and with the AT 120e Im hitting 0 on my VTA.
  15. Mark0

And They Say Vinyl is Dead

I kinda wish it was a little more dead. Prices of the good old gear is through the roof. A few days ago a Sansui SR-838 sold on Ebay for $700.
  16. Mark0

Another Technics SL 1200 Question

That would mean unsoldering and resoldering those tiny wires,,, "cringe".
  17. Mark0

Why bother to route the wires through a straw?
  18. Mark0

Chris,,check youre PMs please.
  19. Mark0

Technics SL-3300 tonearm won't descend

Good to hear!
  20. Mark0

Turntable advice for upgrading

It was my understanding that the arm from the M5G was made out af a new material to help with the resonance problem. Titanium If im not mistaken. My intention was to get this arm with the cardas rewire and the dampner at a later date. I guess the question is in relation to youre statement is how...
  21. Mark0

Turntable advice for upgrading

I keep hearing two sides to the SL-1200 arm debate. Ive been on the fence with this for a month now. Upgrade arm through KAB or replace... :dunno:
  22. Mark0

My needle keeps skipping.

A binding pivot (bearing), or even the wires going through the arm pivot area can cause a problem with binding.
  23. Mark0

I need more counterweigt.

I would not hang a weight on a string to the back of the tonearm. It will swing and affect the arm in a bad way. If the end is hollow you may be able to blutac a lead weight inside. On my previous table I used an old chrome bathroom faucet chrome cap with a weight glues inside. It just hapened...
  24. Mark0

Sansui Stylus

If its the stock cart.... http://www.lpgear.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LG&Product_Code=SANSSR2050C
  25. Mark0

Technics SL-3300 tonearm won't descend

I had a similar issue. This table had a cog that rotated. If the arm does not drop in one rotation of the cog it would return to the rest. The action of the arm dropping disengaged the return to rest. I fixed it by removing the old sticky grease and aplying new grease. The only thing you can...
Back
Top Bottom