Search results

1. C

Realistic Lab-500 Auto Return Issue

I also have a Technics SL-Q2 that has a weak left channel. I am thinking of replacing the RCA leads as i have tried switching headshells and cartridges but the left channel is still very weak. Trying to setup a second system with these units that need maintenance. :p Edit:Succeeded both...
  2. C

Realistic Lab-500 Auto Return Issue

Record player is set on 12" records but does not engage on the lead in groove of the record, If I manually put the needle on the lead in groove the record will play, but usually auto returns too early and the full record is not played. I tried adjusting the lead in adjusting screw as said in...
  3. C

latest pick up that fell in my lap

Are those cantons? Or of the Ct series? My ct-1000 has that same metal grill.
  4. C

How are you heating your garage?

Crappy towel to cover the draft from the door. Crappy carpet to cover the cement floors. Alot of :smoke: and a 1500w electric heater..I've started stuffing the rafters with cotton tshirts for added insulation.
  5. C

Young folks, post those systems!

Im 20 and i dont have have a TT or cassete player in my setup unfortunately. (still searching gw for those) Believe me if i had more spots to setup systems i would. but currently i have three. Computer=Pioneer SX-434, paired with Genexxa Pro7 which i think are modified with a bass port...
  6. C

Optimus 5b very nice

Alot of people are picking these speakers up it appears. I just grabbed mine 1 week ago. For 9.99 each. I still don't get how they can sell speakers individually at my local GW. These are Optimus-5's I take it the b's models are newer and dont have the cast(very heavy) woofer.
  7. C

What was your favorite radio station?

Q107. Hands down. 97.7 hits fm isnt that bad either.
  8. C

Paradigm Phantom - Any Info?

Yeah there a pain to check the condition of woofer, I use a pair of Phantoms with a single paradigm v1 titan as the center speaker, they match pretty well. I have another two titans that need refoamed then i would have to make shelves for them to work as a rear speakers.
  9. C

Which inexpensive MTB to keep??

Trek, or the Mongoose would be my choice, really need some pics though. You cant beat Cro-Mo rides so smooth. Upgrades i would get rid of the cantilever brakes that may or not be on it. V-brakes are just way more efficent and easier to fix.
  10. C

What is our Facination with all things cheese?

someone called me? French fries with cheese and gravy you can thank the habitants for that. (Bout the only good they've done)
  11. C

Lancaster Bomber

That plane is constantly seen flying over Hamilton. I actually remember going to the Canadian Warplane Museum as a kid and learning about how its 1 of 2 in the world.
  12. C

Help Identifying Speakers 4' tall

Yup those are the ones! High efficiency? They suck alot of power or is that because of the dual woofers? The lights dim on my pioneer reciever when bass hits. They do seem kindof cheaply made but they are pretty hefty. I wonder what the crossover(or lackof) is like. For having 2 woofers i...
  13. C

Help Identifying Speakers 4' tall

Bought these for 6.99 at a value village. No model or serial number was wondering if anyone knows anything about these speakers.
  14. C

Technics SB-A35 ??

Good garage speakers at most. Quite a bassy speaker. I think these ones and all the SB-A speakers were all a part of a rack system. Gave them to a buddy who likes his music reaal loud and cranks the bass knob. I think they sound like crap but he loves em.
  15. C

Garage Sale Find

Does anyone know if Sears tried to copy Sansui with there speakers? I have a pair of sears proffesional with the model number sp-2500. look an awful like these sansui speakers. Also contain similair model #'s
  16. C

Anyone into vintage bikes?

1990 trek 750 multitrack same age as me! 19.99 at value village I've since upgraded to v brakes and changed out the whole drivetrain
  17. C

A "New" bicycle!

Nice score. Should put some bmx pegs on the back and you got a 2up beach cruiser.
  18. C

Repairing tweeter question

I have a pair of Visonik David 50's. (Minimus like). Im pretty new to this but the tweeter is fried. One of the wires that connect to the dome(?) is broken. Is there anyway to repair this?
  19. C

Hello from Hamilton, Ontario (The Hammer)

Welcome from another Hamiltonion. Sure is nice weather today.
  20. C

idiot question time - what are these things called ?

terminal as in the positive and negative?
  21. C

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

I have an old Yamaha R-5 that i use for running up north. (dont want to risk blowing something up on unstable generator power). I must say the variable loudness button is the greatest thing ever. I wish my pioneer had that.
  22. C

How many fellow addicted canucks here

Hamilton, the city that didn't get an NHL team. :( I suggest you stay away from my thrifts though. :D
  23. C

Olympic hockey

Paul Stastny is playing good hockey with Parise, and Kane. Im Canadian but i follow my teams players(Colorado Avalanche). The olympics just won't be the same without Joe "Super Joe" Sakic. Good to see Peter Forsberg getting the chance to play in this tournament.
  24. the back

the back

25. 1950's national tube amplifier

1950's national tube amplifier

found in the trash
Back
Top Bottom