Search results

1. M

wireless noise cacelling

Wife wants some wireless noise cancelling over the ear headphones. Which are the best all around? While sound quality is a factor, portability, battery life, and build quality are important. These will be used mainly for travel and want them to last.
  2. M

cheap cans with good noise blocking

I am in the market for some $50-100, less is better, cans that block noise well. I will mostly use them for exercise on a Schwinn airdyne. I currently use Pioneer ??305s that I bought in high school. Sound is OK but the headband is getting really loose and the ear cups are shot. I want...
  3. M

Fisher 800c value

Is this a realistic price for this? http://billings.craigslist.org/ele/3998522913.html
  4. M

Altec model 15 vs. Vals

I have a set of Vals. There is a set of Model 15s on CR nearby. How do the sound of the 2 compare? Like I really need another pair of big speakers.:nono:
  5. M

How do you deal with

those tiny balls? No not those, the ones in tone arm bearings. I am working on a Sansui that the bearings were loose on when I got it. Had some time today to take a look. When I pulled the arm apart all the bearings on each side stayed in place except one. I was able to easily...
  6. M

How is it possible

that 2 speakers set about 6 feet apart can throw a sound stage over 15 feet wide when the room is only 11 ft? That the drum kit is 12 ft from the listener when the speakers are less than 7?
  7. M

Room in new house

We are starting the process of building a new house, don't know exactly when it will happen but are looking at going forward soon. My original plan was to have a quite large room, say 20'x30' feet for my listening room and general man cave. It may include exercise equipment, pool table...
  8. M

Built Z19 crossovers for my Vals

Like the title said, I built a set of Z19 xovers for my Vals. They have the 416-8z woofers and the 806-8a drivers on the 811b horns. For the most part the new xovers are an improvement. Sound stage is more open and deeper. More detail, more dynamic. Vocals are more out front and clearer...
  9. M

Pioneer PL-630???

Here is the ad copy "Pioneer's top of the line, direct drive turntable in great condition. Sell for over $1000 used online right now. Do not have a headshell or a cartrige for it. Offers my be considered if they are not insulting" They are asking $700. I won't go even half that without a...
  10. M

Air core or iron?

I'm getting ready to order the parts for a set of Z19 crossovers. Zilch used this 2.7 mH inductor http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=266-910 I have read that many claim that air cores are much better especially when being used over 200 hz. Would it be better to use...
  11. M

Thanks to the Catman for

his thread a few months ago about vinyl therapy. It's been a stressful few weeks of work here lately. Spring always brings it's challenges, but this year has been especially busy and just plain full of crap. Some of it is the equipment we sell has had issues and some of it has been customers...
  12. M

Keep that stylus clean

As I have posted here I recently started using a M91ED with the SAS stylus. I had read that these stylus were prone to picking up more gunk out of the groove and needing cleaned more often. For the first 30 or so hours I never really noticed any difference and some of my LP's are not pristine...
  13. M

swoosh swoosh sound

I recently picked up a Onkyo EQ35 that has a swoosh swoosh sound in the left channel when going through the EQ. Best way to describe it is kind of a wind sound. Any idea on what would cause this. I did a search but didn't come up with anything.
  14. M

Onkyo m504 & p304 value?

These items came up on CL. What is a fair value assuming good condition?
  15. M

Technics with M91ED & SAS is up and running

Finally got the SL1600 that I bought last spring going. Put a Jico SAS on a M91ED that I had. Did a quick and dirty alignment with the over hang gauge and checked it with a protractor from LP Gear as best I could. That cantilever is almost a no-see-um for these eyes without a magnifier. So...
  16. M

Anyone know what these are?

http://billings.craigslist.org/ele/2788528129.html
  17. M

Do caps need to be...

unsolderedfrom the circuit to be measured? Put the meter on some in a xover and got way out there readings. Checked my technic and meter with a loan cap and all seems good.
  18. M

Questions on Altec Valenia

Picked these up last week. They are model 846U. They seem to be the same as the 846B in the 1975 catalog except they have the 416-8Z woofer instead of the 416-8B listed in the catalog. I haven't done a search yet, is this good or bad? Horns are the 811B with 806-8A drivers. The cabs are...
  19. M

Altec 640U...any info??

There is a pair for sale. What are they???
  20. M

What some people do to speakers....again

http://bozeman.craigslist.org/ele/2742485865.html
  21. M

Need advice on getting into tubes

My only tubes so far is a DAC 09 with the tube output. i guess you would call it a buffer. Since I like what I hear, I am looking at maybe getting a tube amp. Don't want to spend a bunch or have a major project right off the bat. My question is where to start. Something like this...
  22. M

Which stylus for ...

M95ed? Finally getting ready to get the SL-1600 I picked up last spring running. I have a M95ed that needs a stylus that I think I will put on to start. I know there are all kinds of options and a search has turned up a mixed bag of scattered info. My preferences are 1. Smooooth...
  23. M

DAC-09 problem

a while back I took my DAC-09 apart and turned on the volume control. Shortly I had a very week left channel that I traced to the DAC. Took it apart again and cleaned the contacts on the jumper with Deoxit. It was fine for the next session or two. Now the problem is back. Is it possible...
  24. M

Anyone know anything about this "sub"?

Here is a link to a CL add. I am not asking about value, but wonder if anyone has any info on this critter. http://billings.craigslist.org/ele/2592415500.html Nice cabinet if nothing else.
  25. M

New room with problems

After finally moving the business out of the house I now have a room to dedicate to a listening room. Problem is it sounds like crap. It is a basement room about 11' x 20' with very low 6' 8" ceiling. There are heating ducts running along the ceiling full length of the room on one side...
Back
Top Bottom