Search results

1. gkwolfman

CR-600 FM Issue

Okay, I am just listening to mono FM for the time being, on the FM selection. I just got done installing four bulbs and adjusting the bias and dc offset, respectively, asides from the initial purchase clean up. The dc offset was within 0 > 10 mv. , but, I went ahead and got it to the 0 > 5...
  2. gkwolfman

PL-255 Serial number tag trivia

I just wonder if all the International models got shorted from the US versions(metal ? serial number tag)? My table just has a sticker, where it was obvious a metal plate would be riveted (hole by the sticker)
  3. gkwolfman

CR 600 Bias and DC off set

Thank you for this heads up. I think my initial check with the meter is showing around 10mv for left and right, before any adjustment.
  4. gkwolfman

Okay, brain freeze, I just answered my own question. Positive tp1 and tp2, neg to tp3 and tp4
  5. gkwolfman

I am thinking I need to use the ACV setting with the 200 selection for the bias check?
  6. gkwolfman

I have my 600 open, working on the vu meter bulbs. She runs really cool, and sounds decent with Realistic MC-1800(2 way 50w) and Zenith Allegro 1000(with Foster 3 1/2 horn tweeter and 6 1/2 bass). So, I thought I would just check the numbers on the bias and dc offset. The right was hitting...
  7. gkwolfman

Yamaha CR 600 - So it begins

I have to put my 600 on hold for awhile. The fm issue, won't play in fm muting, but played in 'FM' (without stereo)and fading out. Well, I will just listen to the radio in mono. To keep it from fading out, I just jumped the tuner dial to the antenna post on fm board.(green alligator clips)...
  8. gkwolfman

Does noting "selling for Parts or Restore only" have any meaning on eBay?

It's a crap shoot on that site anymore. Tested by powered on only...is another good one. Back in the day, to buy a receiver, all you had to do, more or less, is check to see if the fm worked in stereo and was close to center balance (without hooking up a turntable, tape deck, or cd). The...
  9. gkwolfman

CR-600 power supply board question

That's great, it's just the dreaded old glue. With my bad eye sight, I was thinking rust. I'm just glad that all the caps in this aren't soaked in that stuff, like some receivers did. I think some of that old glue tore up(deteriorated)boards and stuff.?
  10. gkwolfman

CR-600 power supply board question

Well, in my search for a am/fm problem with my recent purchase, I stumbled across this on the power supply board. It doesn't look good to me. Does any one know what function it serves in the power scheme? Now I haven't done the Bias or DC offset check yet, but, other than the am/fm problem I...
  11. gkwolfman

Thanks for this tip. I once had a newer black model Pioneer receiver that had stereo output problems. I opened it up and inspected the( ifc cans?? on the radio board, and one was not completely solder in place(from the factory), one of the corners was separated from the board. Currently, I...
  12. gkwolfman

Here is the final results. The cleaning went well. I don't have a turntable. Aux, tape A & B played great and in stereo(using dvd player). Radio works, but has problems. I actually wanted this 600 for the radio, and I get one with problems. In AM, both VU meters don't move. In FM, I tune...
  13. gkwolfman

Yeah, for now, I just need to get the operation functioning(cleaning and adjustments). Right now it's looking like in the tuner section, and the tuning meter(not going to center). The Signal strength seems to be fine. I got the under side up and getting the pots and switches. The lights for...
  14. gkwolfman

From first arrival, to the cleaning and testing, then the adjusting. My $40.00 Yammy. I did a quick power up.... VU meter lights OUT, Dial light Good, power light good, AFC/Station light good, Stereo light good. VU meters did function during a FM station search. Very Scratchy switches and...
  15. gkwolfman

Zenith Allegro 3000 vs Zenith Allegro MC-3000

I just found out that the allegro speakers I have are the 1000's, and with the numbers on the speaker(drivers)are est. 1974. The speaker label is not mine, but, it would be the one that were on the back side of my cabs.
  16. gkwolfman

Zenith Allegro 3000 vs Zenith Allegro MC-3000

I know this thread is old, but I just had to chime in on these Zenith Allegros. Not sure of my model (which I got for free). But, I decided to take one apart, seeing how I have screws on the back of cabs. Other than the bass, these don't sound too bad.
  17. gkwolfman

Stone Lake, Wisconsin 1980 Music & Art Festival

this was the bike that I rode down there from Duluth, MN
  18. gkwolfman

Here are some of the pictures I found from the May 1980 Stone Lake Music Festival.
  19. gkwolfman

Was told that there were only three shows(venues)held in Stone Lake. I had the blue t-shirt of the one in May 1980, with no legible reading. But found a yellow poster for that show(venue). Then I found a t-shirt that says 2nd annual, held in September, but no year date stated.
  20. gkwolfman

deleting my account for no activity

I don't really visit here as much to justify keeping server space. I have since sold all my audio gear and media, and moved to other interests. Is there a option for cancelling my account>?
  21. gkwolfman

Nak bx 300 counter reading

Great, thanks for confirming that for me.
  22. gkwolfman

Oh, forgot to mention, it will read the same number in forward and reverse wind ( 1 plus or minus ) each time.
  23. gkwolfman

how does this bx 300 count the tape travel? every time i put a tape in (Maxell xlii-90), by nak only reads half time....like 23:21 It plays at the right speed, as far as I know as it sounds to me. No drag in fwd or rev speeds. edit> I guess from more in dept research, what I am wondering if...
  24. gkwolfman

card game of spades help

thanks for the links thanks for the links
Back
Top Bottom