Search results

1. nbourbaki

How big is your biggest amp? (watts)

Parasound Halo A51 250 watts RMS x 5, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 8 Ω, all channels driven. 400 watts into 4ohms
  2. nbourbaki

Yamaha MX-2000 $975 BIN. Why is this not in the hands of an AK'er?

I'm glad it's going to a good home and someone who will appreciate it. Congrats! I'm sure that endeeinn will pack it so that even FedEx won't damage it. You'll have to report back when it arrives.
  3. nbourbaki

Not me. It sure was pretty though
  4. nbourbaki

I received a response from endeeinn Yes I was the one who did the mods on the B2's but the MX-2000 is a pristine virgin. Despite the mods performed on a B2 it would sacrilegious for me to do anything to the MX-2000. As stated in the listing, the original owner cut half the base of each...
  5. nbourbaki

It's right up the road for me. The seller was a member here. I remember a thread he started about modifying a Yamaha B-2 amp. I wonder if the MX-2000 is stock or if he modified it as well. I'll send him a note and ask.
  6. nbourbaki

Denon Afficionados?

Count me in as a real Denon fan. I've had a number of their AVRs upgrading along the way. Right now I've got a AVR-4802, which has a great preamp section. Although not vintage gear, being manufactured in 2001, every piece of gear I've owned with the Denon name has been a solid piece of...
  7. nbourbaki

Yamaha C2-x WOW

Congrats on your new toy. I've been looking for a C-2x for a few years now. I have two C-2a and I was wondering how the C-2a stacks up against the C-2x.
  8. nbourbaki

Bulbs for Yamaha B-2 Amp

Thanks for the schematic! I'm working on a source for replacements.
  9. nbourbaki

Bulbs for Yamaha B-2 Amp

Thanks Rob! Any idea where I could buy four new ones?
  10. nbourbaki

Bulbs for Yamaha B-2 Amp

I'm finally getting around to do a little work on my Yamaha B-2. Can someone point me in the right direction for bulbs for a Yamaha B-2 power amp? Thanks
  11. nbourbaki

paradigm speakers

I have a pair of Studio Reference 60v2 in my main rig and a pair of Studio Reference 20v2 in my bedroom system. I bought them new 6 years ago and have never regretted the purchase. You got a real deal!
  12. nbourbaki

Recommended high current amps for driving Infinity Kappa 8.2I Series II speakers...

While not vintage, I really like the Parasound Halo A21 amp for high current applications. The A21 sports a 2.2 kVA toroid, 50,000 µF per channel filter capacitance and 60 amperes peak per channel. If that's not enough, the best high current amp I've heard was the Parasound JC-1 monoblocks...
  13. nbourbaki

Any papers on Sony STR-V7? and a small problem....

I had Terry DeWick align the tuner on my Sony STR-V6 and recap the driver board. Night and day difference in sound quality. Reasonalble cost and fast turnaround time :thmbsp:
  14. nbourbaki

Anyone using Salamander racks with McIntosh equipment?

I own a Salamander Synergy Single 30 and 40. Very solid construction. I didn't go with the sides, doors or back on either of my units because I wanted to optimize on cooling. This is the one in my home theater
  15. nbourbaki

Top 10 Marantz Receiver

That's not my impression. The 2230 was capacitor coupled and the 2270 was direct coupled if I remember correctly. I'd give the 2230 a three martini rating and the 2270 a 2 martini rating. The 2285B was DC and dual power which kicked it up a notch sonically. I really like them all but they...
  16. nbourbaki

CL score o' the day Sony STR 6800SD

I have an STR-6800 and it suffers from steep volume gain. In the summer it's my garage receiver with a pair of Marantz Imperials 5G. It's got a very clean sound with a solid bottom end. Every now and then, I flip the mute switch so that I can exercise the other three quarters of the volume...
  17. nbourbaki

Yamaha B2-S5151 Diode replacement with FRED's

Cool, I picked up my second Yamaha B-2 today in Dayton. I just spent the last hour listening to my new amp. It's very close to the mint one I got from dnewma04. Same fantastic sound!
  18. nbourbaki

Marantz 4270!

I've got a 4270 and the relays are a real PITA to clean. Once you have diasembled to the point where you can pop the clear plastic covers off, I used a 6000 grit hobbist sheet wetted with De-Oxit. I doubled over and pulled it through the contacts a couple of times.
  19. nbourbaki

CL score o' the day Sony STR 6800SD

Nice receiver, congrats! Hey is that a Monteverdi Hai in your avatar?
  20. nbourbaki

I'm in for two sets for two B-2s. Glenn send me payment details and I'll send you the money.
  21. nbourbaki

Yamaha TX-950 vrs. Sony STR-V6

This last weekend I decided to have a bake off between the tuner in my Sony V6 receiver and my Yamaha TX-950 tuner. A few months ago I had my Sony STR-V6 tuned up, aligned and the driver boards recapped by Terry Dewick. I haven't had any work done on the Yamaha TX-950 which I bought last year...
  22. nbourbaki

Good affordable sub for Magnepan MMG's?

I don't know if you're interested in a kit. What's the general consensus on DAYTON 10" TITANIC MKIII SUBWOOFER KIT from Part Express? The 10" sub goes for $358.00.
  23. nbourbaki

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Funny, my t-500 has never been able to store the stations. Even when plugged into a live plug. Turn it off and you have to reset the stations. I've looked for a battery to replace but no luck. If it was a better tuner I might invest in the service manual.
  24. nbourbaki

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Does your T-500 tuner remember the presets when turned off?
  25. nbourbaki

No worries, take your time. BTW the last time I ordered from DIYCable this is what the recycled box looked like when it arrived :thumbsdn:
Back
Top Bottom