Search results

1. DrMux

Muzishare X7 Issue - please help!

Yep, should have been archived long ago. :)
  2. DrMux

Muzishare X7 Issue - please help!

Always check the batteries first. Try unplugging the amp for a couple minutes and try it again.
  3. DrMux

Muzishare X7 vs PrimLuna EVO 300 -- Is it 3x Better?

The Muzishare X7 is an incredible amp for the money.
  4. DrMux

Klipsch RP-600M II

I must have got the same deal, They sound incredible in my little 10' x 12' x 8' room.
  5. DrMux

About to pull the trigger on these buddy. I turned 59 1/2 this month. Time to spend some of...

About to pull the trigger on these buddy. I turned 59 1/2 this month. Time to spend some of that money we've been saving for so long. The monitors in rosewood with curved cabinets. These are supposed to be the best you can find for under $4000-6000 depending on which reviews you read...
  6. DrMux

Heresy II's worth rebuilding crossover?

Yea, I keep seeing conflicting info. Some say they are great, others say they are crap. I just had someone else tell me to recap them and it should make them come back to life. We'll see. I would like something smaller than RF-82's, but it looks like I'm keeping them.
  7. DrMux

Pretty much exactly what I'm saying. I also run tube amps. Man what a disappointment. Twiiii, it's pretty much a mute point right now. They sound horrible. I have Pinnacle speakers made in China that put these to shame. I can only hope the caps make a big change. If not someone's going...
  8. DrMux

I just bought all the caps I need for $27 shipped. I'm aware of Crites site. $60 is a bit much for capacitors to me. I just want to get the sounding good enough to move them. They don't sound anywhere near my expectations. I'm hoping some fresh caps will change that at least a little,
  9. DrMux

From what I see the Crites upgrade is a little over $300 for crossovers and tweeter upgrades. Klipsch upgrade is over $600 for both speakers. That's pretty substantial. I might go the Crites route is I'm going to notice a substantial difference in sound. Truth be told they sound like crap...
  10. DrMux

I was just given a pair of these from the original owner that look great. Consecutive serial numbers. But they sound pretty bad. They don't sound like they're damaged, just lacking in sound. Would the Crites upgrades or cap replacement make that mush of a difference? I really don't want to...
  11. DrMux

Audio cap suggestions for Magnavox 175 amp

Not sure as it's been a while since I worked on this amp. This is a conversion mod Gordon talks about on here often. It's been done many times. More power.
  12. DrMux

Audio cap suggestions for Magnavox 175 amp

I put some Edcore's on this amp with 6L6 tubes and it has a bit too much bass and not enough high end. What values are recommended for this mod, or just to get a bit more high end out of it? I think I still have the stock values. Best way I can describe the sound is boxy. Other than that...
  13. DrMux

Marantz 120 Tuner Bulbs

Does anyone have a source for the 7 indicator bulbs for this tuner? M008-M014
  14. DrMux

Bi-Amp Question with 2 Tube Amps

I tried changing the polarity and replacing all of the tubes. I've widdled it down to a hot tube on one amp. I'm thinking bad plate resistors, probably from my poor soldering skills and not using heat sync on the resistors the last time I worked on it. I had these in storage for almost two years...
  15. DrMux

I was thinking ground loop from the sound being made. Both amps have the old two prong plug. I'll try that. Thanks
  16. DrMux

I have a new tube preamp that is very basic with only one line out. When I connect the two tube amps using an audio RCA splitter I get some hum and weird noises. I didn't have this problem using my previous preamp that had hi and low outs. They also are quiet and sound great individually. Do...
  17. DrMux

Pics of your listening space

AC 800 - Pinnacle Speakers
  18. DrMux

Those Maggie prices on Ebay are..........

I've been round and round with tube and solid state. My Maggie's keep people freaking out. Nice what a few mods and some high end coupling caps can do. Though even after upgrading my 175 to 6L6 I still prefer the sound of my smaller Maggie's.
  19. DrMux

Those Maggie prices on Ebay are..........

I remember buying 8000, 9000, series and 175 amps for $100-150. Now I see them for $200-700. Almost makes me want to list my 6L6 converted 175.
  20. DrMux

What CD player would you buy for $500 or less

Well I spoke too soon on the Cambridge. Sounds great, but the door sticks about 60% of the time now. I found I'm not the only one with this problem. Sending it back. Having horrible luck with new audio lately.
  21. DrMux

Brik Phono Stage

MC through my tube pre amp and tube amp. My tuner and CD player have much more gain. Turntable sounds like the music is coming out of a cardboard box through the Brik. Tried several albums that play great through my receiver.
  22. DrMux

Which phono preamp should I buy?

Do you know where to buy one? I can find them on Google.
  23. DrMux

Which phono preamp should I buy?

Which one did you buy? I bought the Brik and it sounds like crap.
  24. DrMux

Brik Phono Stage

I just bought one of these new off Amazon. It's sounds horrible. Has anybody else tried one? Thinking I might have got a lemon. Nothing but bass and no volume compared to my other sources. Maybe 50%. Sending it back for a refund. Even my 70's Marantz receiver has a better phono stage than...
Back
Top Bottom