Search results

1. saltpeter

Rega fono mk2 or clear audio nano v2

Either one a clear winner while I wait for a APT Holman to be repaired?
  2. saltpeter

Testing output on MC2255

I assume anyone trying the test would use a lowish volume setting...maybe not, WAHEY ! o_O
  3. saltpeter

Testing output on MC2255

Thanks!
  4. saltpeter

Testing output on MC2255

:)
  5. saltpeter

Testing output on MC2255

SF and Berkeley used to be meccas of hi fidelity sales and service. Now, I wouldn't let most of the available "techs" near my boombox. :cool:
  6. saltpeter

Testing output on MC2255

So I won't be testing the output terminals myself, thanks for the words of caution. If there were a local (SF Bay Area) technician I would go there. I am loathe to ship the unit right now.
  7. saltpeter

Testing output on MC2255

I was looking to do something similar to the suggestion by "justw" in this thread: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/multimeter-to-test-power-output-at-speaker-terminals.126663/
  8. saltpeter

Testing output on MC2255

ok thanks, this might not be happening then. :eek: Would a pink noise generator be safe for the speakers?
  9. saltpeter

Testing output on MC2255

Thanks, I am planning to connect the speakers for load, and then measure the 8 ohm terminals. I had an idea this would not be a precise result, but I am hoping it is ok for my purpose. I'm just wanting to see that the output is of reasonably similar strength in both channels.
  10. saltpeter

Testing output on MC2255

I'd like to check the amp output for even power on both channels, if the meters aren't calibrated that is ok for now. I only have a signal generator on the iphone with a cable that has RCA jacks. I was going to connect the phone signal to the 2255 inputs, then check the speaker terminals for...
  11. saltpeter

Testing output on MC2255

I just received a well used 2255 and would like to know how to test the output. Initial test with a signal generator and no speakers connected shows the meter on the right channel to be much lower. Is this an accurate enough test, or should I use a multi-meter and test the output connectors...
  12. saltpeter

Thorens TD 160 setup

I found a Grado cartridge and put it on this headshell. It plays now, but with the occasional skip...I'll look for a new stylus for the 1200. And maybe a scale for the weight. Thorens, catering to the DIY consumer on this one. :D
  13. saltpeter

Thorens TD 160 setup

Cartridge removed, and the number is there, AT1200Sa. thanks
  14. saltpeter

Thorens TD 160 setup

Its the same cartridge, side view and front view.
  15. saltpeter

Thorens TD 160 setup

Another pic to help id.
  16. saltpeter

Thorens TD 160 setup

....I think it is. The stylus looks shot, any ideas for a replacement? There's no model number on it, just Audio Technica.
  17. saltpeter

Thorens TD 160 setup

Found the counterweight, but not the anti skate string/weight. My jury rigged setup is not working though. No matter how I adjust the counterweight, the needle doesn't track properly. Now it doesn't skate across the record, but rather plays poorly. I get sound, but it is somewhat muffled...
  18. saltpeter

Thorens TD 160 setup

Thanks, this video shows what I need to do.....now, where did that counterweight go again? :saywhat: Set up TD 165
  19. saltpeter

Thorens TD 160 setup

oops, it is a TD-165...ugh Here are pics with the arm up and down.
  20. saltpeter

Thorens TD 160 setup

hmmm, I think its a TD-165, now I have to check when I get home. apologies!
  21. saltpeter

Thorens TD 160 setup

It makes sense that the weight of the cartridge and head shell (which are substantial) would act to prevent skating, and any counterweight would oppose this. I'll check the gap and post a pic. thanks
  22. saltpeter

Thorens TD 160 setup

I have a Thorens bought on the 'bay that looks like a custom arm setup. The table spins nicely, but the needle just skates over the record, with seemingly no way to adjust the arm. Is there something missing from this arm? Where there should be a weight there are only those metal rods...
  23. saltpeter

Pre amps in Series ?

Thanks Ruffian
  24. saltpeter

Pre amps in Series ?

This is a newbie question, but I think my senses are dulled from the holidays I'm thinking of hooking up the following: Music Reference RM10 EL34 tube amp connected to the pre-out of a Marantz 4200 AV receiver. That might sound allright, the Marantz has a good tuner. However the one feature...
  25. saltpeter

EL84 Question

I contacted them and am waiting to see if they will do non warranty repair. Failing that, a local shop would be helpful.
Back
Top Bottom