Search results

1. Artie

DT-510 timer

That's one of the nice uses for these things. Those wallwarts always use a bit of power. (Tiny, I know.) But the timer allows you to turn them completely off.
  2. Artie

Am I the only one who does this?

That's not necessarily bad. I have a lot of CD's. They're ripped to my computer. I listen to them often. I just don't physically drop them into a player. Laptop + MediaMonkey = my "digital" jukebox.
  3. Artie

Pioneer SX780 question

STK-0050's don't need a load for the relay to click. If I'm understanding you, you have blown STK modules. They're hard to come by. Legit one's, at least. There's a great thread in the Pioneer sub-forum on how to fabricate your own.
  4. Artie

Audiokarma Member of the Year 2023 - a reminder

I've been here a long time, and I didn't know there was such a thing. Where is it listed? Where do I vote?
  5. Artie

DT-510 timer

Nice. I love those things. (I think I have 4 or 5.) My only complaint is that most modern equipment uses a polarized plug, and those have non-polarized jacks. So you can't plug anything modern in. I'm contemplating changing the jacks and cord.
  6. Artie

Good spacers for stacking gear?

Cool link. (Even if it was over a decade ago.) :p
  7. Artie

Am I the only one who does this?

I think it's why most of us are here. I do the same thing in a particular guitar forum. I spend more time developing wiring schemes than I do playing. Doesn't bother me a bit.
  8. Artie

Sony Amplifiers

Sony made a huge range of products. My STR-1800 is a bottom feeder. (Still works as a great "table radio.") My TA-5650 VFET integrated is one of the best of the best. It just depends on the individual product. Also, I kept my Sony KA-7xxES cassette deck, and sold the Nak CR-5A. It's that good.
  9. Artie

Common Use for Auxiliary Input Before CD Players?

I used mine for 8-Track also. Even though my Akai 8-Track recorded, I rarely did so. Still have that old unit.
  10. Artie

Buttons do the wrong thing (Technics RS-T330R)

I might take that a step farther, and say they're a weakness in every piece of equipment that uses them. They're very common in digital tuners. Although, tuners tend not to use those resistor ladders, so, not quite so bad.
  11. Artie

Repairing tape on non-screw cassette shell?

You've piqued my curiosity. You've GOT to post a YT vid with this playing in a cassette deck. I'm not familiar with the group "Mono-Music." And, apparently, this was their 3rd album.
  12. Artie

Sentrek SHQ 4210B vs. Teac EQA-10

Cool units. And no, you can't use it as a phono preamp. Unless, of course, it's a modern table with a built in RIAA EQ. But then, it's not really a phono preamp. (The Teac/Sentrek, I mean.) It just becomes a switchable input selector. Still cool.
  13. Artie

Repairing tape on non-screw cassette shell?

It probably goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway. Once you open, and/or, break it apart, and transfer the tape to a new home, it would behoove you to transfer the tape to a wave file on your computer. If you're using a cassette deck, with a "line out", a simple RCA-to-1/8" plug would get...
  14. Artie

ADC Cart ID?

I still have an old ADC, and we used to sell them. But they were all black and gold. I've never seen the blue faceplate before. Probably an "entry level" unit, as your post eludes to.
  15. Artie

Looking for meters, visualizers, oscilloscopes, any "flashy" components

If you do a Google/Bing search for "LED audio lights", you'll get all kinds of cool & fun options. Many are actually calibratable to be somewhat useful.
  16. Artie

Power Amp AC Current Draw

I know that Crown uses a technology that allows them to harvest the back-EMF from the speaker suspension, which allows them to provide slightly more output power than wall power. (At least, in tiny bursts.) Also, many AVR's have individual channel power specs, but the power supply can't provide...
  17. Artie

Radio Shack, Battery of the Month Club~!

I almost forgot, I still have a pair of the RS Sound Pressure meters. An older style and a newer style.
  18. Artie

A New Pet Peeve

Why did I think that Des Moines was in Illinois??? There's one in Washington St and Iowa. But none in Illinois. Duh. And an honorable mention for lie-berry. I hear that all the time. (Down South, here.)
  19. Artie

Radio Shack, Battery of the Month Club~!

Yup. I miss RS also. I still have 7b's Optimus 7's and I think I have an old receiver around here somewhere. But mostly, I miss their parts. I still have some knobs, switches, IC, and various other RS parts, still in their packages.
  20. Artie

For those about to mix . . .

I'm just a "bedroom engineer", but these look badass. I want one just to play with: Tascam Sonicview XP mixers.
  21. Artie

Luxman 1050 and Bose 601 speakers

You gotta give them credit for forward thinking. I nice subwoofer, with a place to store all your spare drivers up top. :cool:
  22. Artie

THD...Can you hear it now?

It has always been my understanding that higher amounts of negative feedback contribute to higher compression. The louder an output signal, the greater amount that's negatively fead back into the differential input stage. Thus, suppressing the input signal. But, I may have that wrong.
  23. Artie

THD...Can you hear it now?

Yup. The more negative feedback you dial in, the lower the THD number, and the more you quash the dynamics. People paid attention to THD numbers but not dynamic range. I remember, back in my audio sales days, a tech rep saying that the best a cassette deck could do was around 10% THD. But I've...
  24. Artie

Andover Audio

I was just about to post about this. Interesting, but pricey, systems. They say the table is built for them by a German manufacturer. I swear, I have that exact same headshell on an old Dual somewhere. That's a good thing.
Back
Top Bottom