Search results

1. Critter

MTF back in hospital, just informational...

Mark, hope you're out of the hospital soon. Prayers for ya!
  2. Critter

Interesting Stereo Ads? Post a pic for memory lane's sake.

I can't imagine this isn't in this thread somewhere, but I don't feel like looking at 292 pages to be sure. ;)
  3. Critter

Audiokarma's server needs your help

I'm not on all that often, but I value the site enough to chip in a bit. Thanks for being around for when I do need to scratch my audio itch.
  4. Critter

North Carolina anyone?

Lexington here. I'd enjoy a get together with some kindred souls.
  5. Critter

My new $20 Pioneer SX-980

Well, you may have overpaid for a garage sale, but I hardly think you were "taken". I've found http://www.silverpioneer.netfirms.com/ to be a useful site for all things silver-faced and Pioneer. Your unit was made in 78-79 as the last of the 900 series. 80 watts per side, so you have the...
  6. Critter

Saw an SX-1980 today, changed my life

Perhaps you might be interested in the ultimate in the Pioneer silver faced line--the SX2250S: Yes, it's supercharged.
  7. Critter

Need help IDing a Harmon-Kardon receiver

mhardy, I do believe you nailed it. HK450--that picture confirms it. Now to do some sleuthing for a deal somewhere.
  8. Critter

Need help IDing a Harmon-Kardon receiver

Old age is setting in; I feel this urge to guy forth and re-buy all the stereo I ever owned. Well, except that BIC turntable. :) At one point, I had a Harmon-Kardon receiver, 35w. Silver face. New in the late 70s. Can anyone help me with the model number or potential model numbers? I'd...
  9. Critter

Craigslist SX-1250

He shoots! He scores! Enjoy it. I bet the price will make it sound all the sweeter.
  10. Critter

Let's Hear About Some of Your Pioneer Deals!

My SX-1250 (in working order). I traded an under-cabinet LCD TV/radio that I was given for Christmas. So it was free, sorta.
  11. Critter

Finally found my SX-1250

You are one lucky guy. Of course, your power company is going to love you. The neighbors, however, may not like it if you switch all those on at once and dim the lights. :)
  12. Critter

Need suggestions-bookshelf or smallish speakers

Sorry it took me a while to get back to this, but thanks for the suggestions.
  13. Critter

Need suggestions-bookshelf or smallish speakers

I'm putting together a starter system for my daughter, built around a Technics SA-600 that I just had recapped. I need suggestions for some decent bookshelf or small-sized speakers--something suitable for a dorm/small apartment. Can be classic or new, makes no difference. I would like to hold...
  14. Critter

Newcomer from NC

Greetings. You'll find some very helpful folks around here. I have fond memories of Boone from back in the late 70s. Used to be some fine stereo stores there.
  15. Critter

Did you ever have "the fever"

My solution as well. Do your research and decide how much you're willing to spend. Put your bid in the snipe engine and then ignore the whole process until you get an email that says yea or nay.
  16. Critter

Are these JBL speakers real?

Well don't you guys just rock, or what? :ntwrthy: Seller is issuing a partial refund. That plus the savings on shipping will pretty much pay for the replacement woofers. Neither of us wins big, but neither of us loses big, either. I'm sincerely grateful to you all for your advice. I...
  17. Critter

OK, as the FNG, I'm getting tired of being this weekends entertainment. ;)
  18. Critter

He said he'd had them hanging in his studio for 10 years. Of course, that doesn't make it so. If he has sold the woofers, I can't tell. The only other thing he has for sale there is an SL-1200 TT. As far as early varients having black cones, I'll take your word for it. However, the...
  19. Critter

OK, pictures of the woofers that were installed: Never heard of them, but I think they may be these folks: http://audiolabga.com If so, the value of the woofers is minimal. As far as the price, what are 4312s going for per pair? All the prices I was able to find were in the $600...
  20. Critter

At this point I'm in $333.
  21. Critter

Greeting from North Carolina

One of those under-the-kitchen-cabinet LCD TV/DVD combos, new in the box. It was an unloved Christmas gift. I think the guy was nuts, but he had nothing in the unit--literally. He wanted the TV, so I guess we both came out OK.
  22. Critter

Interestingly enough, my wife thinks I ought to keep the speakers and restore them rather than repackage and return. I'm less certain, but definitely interested. At this point, I'm pretty certain that the tweeter and midrange are original. They match every picture I can find of a 4312A...
  23. Critter

Believe it or not, that was my first clue. I remembered them "weighing a ton", and when I picked them up, they felt light. That's when I started a bit of strategic disassembly and online research and wound up on this path. It has been a learning experience, that's true. I've been very...
  24. Critter

Well, the seller has agreed to take them back. He said he was sorry for the confusion. I'm not sure what he means, because he did not note that the woofers had been replaced. He also didn't give me an address (which I did ask for), so I've emailed him back. We'll see. Careful examination...
  25. Critter

I see you found them. If I had looked for pictures rather than reviews of the sound, I may have figured out this myself. However, I was going on half-remembered info from the old days, when JBL speakers were the ones most of my friends went into hock to buy. I liked the sound then and assumed...
Back
Top Bottom