Search results

1. von.ah

My new (to me) Ashly Mosfet amps

Ended up getting excellent direct help from Ashly HQ. They are an exceptional company with fantastic customer service. This amp sounds pretty darn good. 4 pairs of K135s and J50s per side is very nice.
  2. von.ah

My new (to me) Ashly Mosfet amps

Hello, Ashly fans! I picked up a couple of FET-2000M amps for very little money last year and haven't used them yet because they both were missing the input cards. Anyone have the expertise to say how to DIY some inputs for the 6 pin connector and spade lug at the input side of these amps?
  3. von.ah

New prices for ViVid Line stylus at LP Gear.

It appears that the XUV is also a MM cart, and may have been Pickering's first in that line. Marketed as Quad right as that market tanked, subsequent carts with similar technology (XSV series?) were sold as stereo carts.
  4. von.ah

New prices for ViVid Line stylus at LP Gear.

Needlestein, do you think there is any difference to the LPGear VL D-7500 and VL D-4500Q styli? I would guess not, but thought I'd ask your opinion. I have an XUV cart.
  5. von.ah

(HOW TO) Turning a Pogoplug E02 into a music player.

Ha! Yes, I will certainly use netconsole on the EO2 if I resurrect it. I installed it on the V4, like Qui suggests. The USB DAC I'm using is a bare-board Audiophonics/HifiMeDIY UAC27 that I've had for years... On the VAMP E02 it worked straight away, just like the Behringer UAC202. Still a fine...
  6. von.ah

I got a V4 up and running smoothly, with perfect sync. I used Qui's methods for uboot/ArchLinux/squeezelite installation, and used KOWHeigel's squeezelite running parameters to edit the squeezelite service to play well with my USB DAC. Thanks again for your work on the pogoplugs! I think I'll...
  7. von.ah

I'm an idiot. I bricked my E02. :( Too lazy for now to rig up a serial connection to restore it. I suck. Maybe I'll start from scratch with a V4. Maybe not. Dammit.
  8. von.ah

Thanks a bunch. At the point of the hang up, the plug's initial IP is listed as inactive on the router, but no new IP is listed. I reinstalled VAMP last night and it seems to be working well again... I may give the newer arch instructions a try this weekend. Cheers!
  9. von.ah

Dead end on first boot to arch I've gone through the steps twice now, and the first boot to arch hangs every time... This is where I can't get past: The PogoPlug reboots, and hangs. I can't SSH into it, and the front LED is orange, instead of the normal green. If I remove the boot usb...
  10. von.ah

For those with RPi problems, have you tried PiCorePlayer, yet? It is the easiest, trouble -free option I've experienced so far. I've only used mine with the standard HiFiMeDIY Sabre DAC, but it's been remarkably worry-free. https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home I may give the POGO v4 a...
  11. von.ah

From parts to music, a Raspberry Pi Squeezebox clone

The new HifiBerry Amp looks great! I imagine one would control the volume via software?
  12. von.ah

For those running LMS on their pogoplug, it's possible to use the Local Player Plugin for squeezelite, though I don't know if that would be more intensive (or different at all) for LMS rather than a separate squeezelite install...
  13. von.ah

Amazing. You guys are running squeezelite and LMS on the same pogoplug... :beer:
  14. von.ah

SOB... Love this thread. I've had an E02 running VAMP for a while and thought the smaller, newer pogos wouldn't run Squeezelite... I incidentally have mprince's RPi running in my basement. :D I will look into this further. Great work, gents!
  15. von.ah

RayW's Sub Swap Special!

I posted an Adcom amp for trade in BT a while back looking for a smallish sub to put in my work office and RayW generously offered to craft a sub for me in exchange. Talk about a class act, he made me one hell of a sub meticulously designed with my odd restrictions: fit it under my desk and...
  16. von.ah

A tribute to Zilch

Well done, Ray. :thmbsp:
  17. von.ah

Minimus 7 Migration to Full Range

Good point, K. But it was just too easy to leave it. The tweeters have some weird wrinkles in the fabric anyway, and weren't playing quite right.
  18. von.ah

Did not know that. Thanks!
  19. von.ah

Ha! Why is it that the likelihood of mistyping increases exponentially whenever one titles a new thread? Minimus-Minumus. Eh. :D
  20. von.ah

I've found the perfect retrofit for the beloved Minimus 7: Tang Band W4-930SF. There was quite a bit missing from the overall response of my M7’s and all the parametric EQ tweaking I was doing to compensate wasn’t ultimately satisfying, so I decided to go full range. I got the little...
  21. von.ah

More Data, Less Wank. A Eulogy for Zilch.

I was shocked and deeply saddened to read this yesterday. :( May the Zilchster greet the infinite data source with the pride of a well-lived life. He represented one of the reasons that AK is such a fantastic place. A thousand EWaveguides cry. :tears: We miss you, buddy.
  22. von.ah

RFC 15" Woofers- Anybody Use These?

Have you asked Gordon about his franken-JBL drivers? I seem to remember he was describing something with 2235-like performance for much less money... I think it was in the Ewave thread not too long ago. Edit: here it is. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=328589
  23. von.ah

Help! Best amplifier new or vintage under $300?

Here's a curveball. Buy one of these and spend the rest of your budget on tunes/DAC/TT, etc. http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/601158/210502886-290781220/300W-TAS5613-HIGH-POWER-HI-FI-CLASS-D-AMPLIFIER-FREE-SHIPPING-LOWEST-PRICE.html Or buy a complete amp module, and recycle a vintage amp...
  24. von.ah

new little flexy

It really was like manna from heaven. I wanted to find a better piece of furniture for my big TT, and Barter Town came through.
  25. von.ah

new little flexy

Picked up this flexy from fellow AKer kbott. Twas a pleasure doing business with him. :thmbsp: I can still pretend it's DIY. Hey, it took me an hour to put it together. My work office is steadily becoming my audio cave. :D It took me too long to set up a headphone-capable...
Back
Top Bottom