Search results

1. ambient

Two Turntable Seutp with Passive Speakers

Right--dont think I can bypass the preamp on my integrated
  2. ambient

Two Turntable Seutp with Passive Speakers

I'd like to be able to run two turntables into a mixer but want to use my passive KEF LS-50s as the monitors. Do I just need to hook up each speaker to a monoblock amp? New to "DJ" setups and seems like all the kids use powered speakers. Thanks for the feedback.
  3. ambient

whoaru99 top notch

Great AKer, prompt payment, good communication
  4. ambient

Nope, I never owned the Sphinx-- it is a nice amp from the few times I've listened. Neutral...

Nope, I never owned the Sphinx-- it is a nice amp from the few times I've listened. Neutral sound like most Rouge gear I've heard. I suggest you audition if you can.
  5. ambient

Official Kef LS50 owners thread

Looks like an excellent system--enjoy!
  6. ambient

Preamp/Phono stage Upgrade advice

Art K turned me on to Heed. I love mine and it's around $600: http://www.heedaudio.com/en/products/modular-line/quasar
  7. ambient

Thinking of downsizing, What to keep?

Get the sphinx -- my rogue has a last amp I'll ever need sound
  8. ambient

VPI Scout owners

I'd say try to find one in the second hand market
  9. ambient

218 LP's for $900 - Illinois PU

Hadn't noticed the this heat record...pretty tough to find
  10. ambient

218 LP's for $900 - Illinois PU

Pedestrian is the word...
  11. ambient

Newb from Milwaukee!

Welcome--I lived on Knapp St for a couple of years, have fond memories of the town
  12. ambient

Best amp under $1000

Rogue audio amps, second hand can be had for $1k
  13. ambient

One of THOSE threads...integrated recommendation?

Love Rogue as well though I've not heard the sphinx. Vincent also has some excellent integrateds that I would definitely look into. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. ambient

VPI Scout owners

So $2k with cart. Some nice competition in that range -- may come down to what kind of music you like on a particular table. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. ambient

VPI Scout owners

Budget? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. ambient

One of THOSE threads...integrated recommendation?

I owned a pair of totem hawks not too long ago-- loved them as well. I ran them with a Bel Canto Class D integrated and they sounded great, plenty musical. With a DAC, phono and headphone amp included, for about $2k, highly recommended. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. ambient

Greetings from California

Look forward to some pics of your system. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. ambient

Lambchop (Is A Band)

Nice...well recorded? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. ambient

Industrial music

I'll have to check it out-- if I muster the courage. She's a real talent -- he live shows are supposed to be a wild time. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. ambient

The Sound Gallery Austin, TX

They're killing in on yelp. 100% rating...not bad. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. ambient

Who can fix an espresso machine?

Good idea--- Iive a block from these cats: http://www.mcclainscoffeehouse.com Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. ambient

Yep....somethings shouldn't be bought used. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  23. ambient

Thanks, I sent them an email-- see if it works. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. ambient

Here's a nice overview of the inside: http://coffee-stuff.blogspot.com/2009/12/francis-francis-x1-dissection.html?m=1 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  25. ambient

I rolled the dice and picked up an illy francis francis x1 espresso machine. I rolled snake eyes: the boiler won't heat up. If I can get it fixed locally (it's fairly heavy), it will still be a good deal. I'm in SoCal, any suggestions? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-SoHK7OQQIg Sent from...
Back
Top Bottom