Search results

1. M

Antique GE Fridge restoration

Only complaints I've heard about SO2 float valves is them occasionally getting blocked. Seems like CK machines rarely if ever have any problems. BTW, my nick on the new forum is ChrisJ.
  2. M

Antique GE Fridge restoration

Andy, do you still have that CK machine in use? I'm currently rebuilding and restoring three CA series Monitor tops including converting them over to a capillary tube setup due to damaged float valves. Hopefully this won't offend anyone on the forum but we recently started a forum just for...
  3. M

Some Empire Turntable History

I used a holesaw and a jigsaw and cut a slot into the aluminum of my 208 and mounted an SME type III arm directly on it.
  4. M

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

I used the technics alignment gauge and then used another tool I have I tihnk its a "Garret alignment tool" or something and both agreed.
  5. M

Whats with the M91ED?

A thread is a thread and doesn't have to 'stay on subject' in my opinion. I think too many people take that way too seriously. :D
  6. M

Whats with the M91ED?

The thingy the diamond tip is mounted to. In the pictures I showed its silver and tubular looking.
  7. M

Technics SL1200MKII Tonearm Damping and Rewire

I'm curious how much extra weight all of this added being the tonearm is already 12G to start and if it had any negative effects?
  8. M

Whats with the M91ED?

I'm using a V-15 III + VN35MR right now and don't expect the M91 to compete with it, especially not with a $16 stylus. I think thats kind of an unfair comparison. My hopes for the M91 + the EVG stylus is to give me something I can use 80% of the time for decent sound without damaging my...
  9. M

Whats with the M91ED?

See now thats is a concern to me. The VN35HE I have shows signs of mistracking as well as low output and less bass compared to my VN35MR. Its of course an assumption that this is from the rubber bushing hardening over the years as the diamond is in perfect shape and has low hours on it. I...
  10. M

Some Empire Turntable History

Found some pictures of the Empire 208 I had an SME III mounted on. I do kind of miss it at times. You'll notice the belt I had on it which I guess is what caused all of the speed problems.
  11. M

Whats with the M91ED?

I don't think this stylus will ever track properly regardless of cantilever weight This is exactly how this stylus was shipped to me from Needledoctor.com 10-12 years ago. Of course, its not their fault its Shure's fault. I assumed the M91ED simply tracked poorly at the time. On a side...
  12. M

Whats with the M91ED?

Interesting. Do those EVG stylus' track well at 1 to 1.25 grams or do they need more weight?
  13. M

Whats with the M91ED?

I also noticed the alignment is poor. The cantilever is bottomed out in the housing and I guess some pressure moves it up off of it, but no matter what the stylus isn't going to have the correct vertical alignment. I guess I need to save up and buy a Jico SAS for this as well as for my V-15...
  14. M

Whats with the M91ED?

Well, I don't know what the US one looks like but something tells me this isn't it:no:.
  15. M

Whats with the M91ED?

When I get mine back tomorrow I'll take a closeup picture of the stylus and post it. Maybe I'll put a V-15 stylus next to it for reference. For some reason I do seem to remember the cantilever as being thick and silver. Are the Mexican ones nude also?
  16. M

Whats with the M91ED?

Ah very interesting! Thank you for all of the replies. I'm guessing a quality stylus for the M91ED would have a cantilever much like my VN35MR? You know, another cartridge I had problems with was a M97XE a few years ago and ended up selling it to a friend after only a few uses. No...
  17. M

Whats with the M91ED?

Hmmm, I don't think it had a DJ stylus. It was whatever NeedleDoctor.com was selling for the M91ED 10+ years ago. I would also assume if it says "SHURE Hi-Track" on the yellow plastic that suggests its a normal stylus, no? For some reason I seem to remember being concerned with play \ slop...
  18. M

Whats with the M91ED?

A few years ago I traded an M91ED to a coworker who has not used it. I decided to trade him something to get it back after reading how many love it. It will be back in my hands tomorrow. How does it compare to a V-15 III + VN35MR as far as compliance and performance in medium-mass arms...
  19. M

Shure V15 III

The bushing is the rubber that holds the cantilever in place. Over time they get old and stiffen up. The reason I suspect this is compared to my newish VN35MR the VN35HE has less output, less bass, less stereo separation and mistracks at times.
  20. M

Shure V15 III

Memory is getting bad these days, I created another post and kept thinking I had already done it and then realized this thread was here. What kind of life expectancy do these styli usually have tracking at 1.25 grams on clean media? 800 hours? Bob_in_OKC, thats a nice VN35MR you have...
  21. M

What VTF and stylus on your V-15?

duplicate post duplicate post
  22. M

Shure V15 IV

I agree with buying a new stylus for the V-15. I have a VN35HE for my V-15 III and the bushing appears to be stiff from age even though the diamond is perfect.
  23. M

Stylus bushing dried up?

Last night I decided to sit down with my Grado headphones and compare the HE and MR again. I listened to the HE closely playing a few songs and I had the stereo expansion cranked all the way up on my Holman preamp. This makes mistracking very noticeable, in fact most of the time the...
  24. M

Keep that stylus clean

I have a brush identical to that which I swear I bought from Needledoctor.com a few years ago. It has super tight I think, carbon fiber bristles on one side and a mirror on the other. I don't see it listed on the website anymore though.
  25. M

Technics tonearm compliance?

So 7.7, a little better than my V15 but not enough to be worth switching to. I guess the fact is, with this tone arm its best not to use a cartridge / stylus designed to track super light. After using a V-15 at .75g - 1g for so long, thinking of tracking at 1.5g makes me cringe :tears: .
Back
Top Bottom