Search results

1. W

Hunting?

I know there are a lot of gun enthusiasts here, but who enjoys hunting? I would not say I was an avid hunter, but I enjoy deer hunting with my son. For me I would say the actual shooting an animals is my least favorite part of the hunt.!This year has been difficult for my son to keep food on the...
  2. W

Marinated Cukes, red Onion, tomatoes

I have eaten and loved this since I was a young boy. Anyone else enjoy making and eating this? 1 cup of water 1/2 cup of cider vinegar 1/4 cup or less of EVOO 1/4 cup of sugar 2 TBS Red Wine vinegar 2TBS of salt 1 TBS fresh cracked pepper Mix it thoroughly. Peel and slice 2 cucumbers Slice 1...
  3. W

MLB

MLB will begin play on July 24th. 60 games is better than nothing. I love MLB, it's my favorite sport.
  4. W

For Pink Floyd fans

Pink Tones from Spain put on a pretty cool concert.
  5. W

Lawn care?

Do you do your own lawn care or pay to have it done? What lawn mower do you use? Do you like it? Do you kill the weeds in your lawn or fertilize the grass? How about your neighbors? How often do you mow? How long does it take to mow your place? Do your neighbors take good care of their...
  6. W

Local cuisine

If I came to visit in your town and you could take me to eat at 1 place that would likely be something different to me and was delicious, where would it be and what would we order? Go!
  7. W

What is your favorite breed of dog?

I love dogs and in my 66 years have owned several breeds. But for a family dog I would say the Golden Retriever is my favorite. What is your favorite breed?
  8. W

Hatch Green Chili Powder?

A good friend stopped in Hatch NM and bought me some Hatch Green Chili Powder. I love Hatch Chili's but have never had the powder. How and on what would you use it on? Just use it Ike any other Chili Powder?
  9. W

Christmas snacks and appetizers

i would love to hear some of your family favorites recipes for snacks and appetizers.
  10. W

Anyone collect golf stuff?

Anyone collect golf memorabilia? I haven't played in over 20 years due to problems with my shoulders, but have an appreciation for the game. Somehow I have collected golf balls the last few years. These are all the bi-colored Ping balls made in the 90's.
  11. W

Let's talk Turkey

With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, I would love and appreciate your recipe for an oven roasted turkey. I don't have a turkey fryer and will only be using the oven. I have made some disastrous turkeys in recent years and hope to serve a delicious moist turkey this year.
  12. W

What is your most accurate rifle?

I love accurate guns. What's your most accurate rifle? Range pics appreciated if possible. So go ahead and brag a little and share your gems.
  13. W

Food trucks

I have noticed a big increase in food trucks in my area, but have never tried any of their food. I hear good things from some friends and family. What is your opinion of the food trucks in your area? I have seen from tacos, spaghetti, Cajun Poboys etc. And wonder if I'm actually missing anything?
  14. W

Chicken Pot Pie

http://www.kitchme.com/recipes/moms-fabulous-chicken-pot-pie-with-biscuit-crust If you like good chicken Pot Pie, this recipe is excellent.
  15. W

Favorite way to cook a steak?

My Son in Law just returned from a year long tour in Iraq and while he was gone I promised him a steak dinner upon his return. I picked up some great looking local farm raised Black Angus Ribeyes and Filet Mignon. I usually just throw steaks on the Weber seasoned with some coarse salt, fresh...
  16. W

Price of gasoline?

How much are you paying at the pump and where do you live? I live in SW Missouri and most places here are around $2.32/gal with a small area about 3 miles north of town has it for $2.07. I go by there 3 times a week and fill up weekly.
  17. W

Starting to think about hunting

I am not an avid hunter, but I love getting out in the woods with my son and deer hunting. At the age of 64 and 6 years of hunting, I took my first deer last year. I had several opportunities over those years, but never saw anything I wanted to shoot until a really old buck stepped out. So...
  18. W

Morel mushrooms?

Do we have any mushroom hunters here? I have never had a morel, but have heard for years how delicious they are. I have been doing a little reading online about hunting mushrooms and I think I am going to go out and take a look around. Any tips for a beginner? Anything you look for in deciding...
  19. W

2018 Spring Training games begin today

As a lifelong baseball fan and a long cold winter, I get excited when MLB begins Spring training games. Sure it doesn't mean anything, but hey, it's baseball. Any other fans looking forward to the upcoming season? Do you expect your team to be improved, unchanged or rebuilding?
  20. W

Ever take a music break?

Today was the first time I have turned on my system and sat down to listen to some music in the last 8 months. I have been listening for a total of about 3 hours today. I was in a life changing event a little over 6 years ago and all of the things I enjoyed prior, just had no importance after...
  21. W

Bought a new rifle

After missing a shot at a deer last year I no longer have confidence with my old sporter Springfield 1903-A1 30.06 to ethically take an animal. I went to look at rifles at a local shop and saw a nice Bergera rifle chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor but by the time I scoped it would have put it around...
  22. W

Favorite cold weather recipes

I am looking for some of your favorite (and preferably easy) recipes for cold winter eating. I was flipping channels this morning and watched the Pioneer Woman put together Mexican Chicken Soup in a crockpot and it looked and sounded good. I googled it and it popped up the recipe for reference...
  23. W

Hatch chilies anyone?

It is Hatch chili season again very soon. Any other fans? Living here in SW Missouri we don't get many around here. I found a place online that will begin taking orders Aug. 17th to ship direct to the house. I didn't see prices yet but if reasonable I am going to place an order. Anyone else love...
  24. W

Has anyone Aged Beef at home?

Just curious if any of you have tried this and what your results were. I haven't tried it but began reading up on it this morning using Google. Apparently it can be done pretty easily. Thoughts? Experience?
  25. W

I need scope recommendations-

I bought a Anschutz MSR RX22 rifle and need optics, but I don't know much about them. This should be very accurate and I will be using it mostly for punching paper up to 100 yds and some small game hunting. Should I look for a rimfire scope or centerfire scope? My price range is $300 max. Anyone...
Back
Top Bottom