Search results

1. B

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Grateful Dead Alpine Valley 1989 New Large Advents
  2. B

Philips 877

Hell, I just went for it, and turned the above pictured screw counterclockwise. I believe we have a winner! The auto start is now landing properly.
  3. B

Philips 877

I also have some question about that screw. There is also another screw behind the tonearm mount, and I don't know what that one might do.
  4. B

Philips 877

Does anyone know how to adjust the autostart on a 777? My table drops the stylus down just a tad too far in. Basically, the stylus lowers down at about 10 seconds or so into the first song. I know that this is adjustable somehow, but don't know which screw, and quite frankly, this table sounds...
  5. B

Philips 877

This would be INCREDIBLE if you had the user manual. The service manual is widely available but a user manual would be awesome. The 877 is close enough, it might help me out. I am trying to figure out how to adjust the auto start. It lowers the needle just a little too far to the left, meaning...
  6. B

Philips 877

I have a Philips 777 and the headshell has the slotted screw openings, to allow movement of the cartridge. My problem is that I cannot figure out how far back or far out in the headshell to mount my current cartridge. Can anyone help me here? I don't mean to reinvent the wheel, but if anyone...
  7. B

Bought Used TT: Marantz vs Pioneer

Just ran across this thread. I picked up one of these Marantz tables the other day and I am very pleased with it. It's really quiet and it had what appears to be an Audiotechnica cartridge on it, although I don't know what stylus. It's a yellow AT stylus, identical to the Green stylus on my...
  8. B

Looking at a Hitachi HT-67

Sorry my belated response! Although, it's not a good response. I have no idea what any of the screws or plugs do. Sandrion had this table set up perfectly. The automatic features are so smooth and so quiet. It has really given me a love for a direct drive, automatic table. Straight tonearm with...
  9. B

Going topless: how do you no-dustcover types do it?

My wife inadvertently threw away the dustcover to my Technics SL-2000, so that's pretty much my story. If anyone has a replacement, holla atcha boy.
  10. B

Looking at a Hitachi HT-67

How's it sound?
  11. B

Antique phonograph, Caswell Monarch

Anyone know anything about this phonograph? It's a portable. I can't find a dang thing online about it...
  12. B

"New" Garrard Synchro Lab 95

shoot me an email at byrdmk@gmail.com
  13. B

Thanks for the reply. I have sourced a replacement part, on another duplicate table and I get the entire table for only $20, which could come in handy in the future. It also has a different plinth, so it will be nice to have two.
  14. B

So, I got a "new" Garrard Synchrolab 95. I think someone thought it was broken when they bought it originally, so they boxed it back up. This thing is gorgeous and isn't even dusty! It might as well be brand new! All original parts, works great...well, it WILL work great soon. Mechanically, it's...
  15. B

Diagnose receiver issue? Help a novice?

Did my prior updates spur any thoughts about what might be wrong? I really appreciate the help. Strange that one channel seems to have surging power and the other is steady.
  16. B

OK, that is reasonable advice. I will get it looked at. I don't have much money in this at all, and would like to salvage this beast of a receiver.
  17. B

Just before I left for work, I switched on the receiver one more time. The relay clicked, and the right channel watts meter started jumping and fluctuating. The left was not moving. I was playing any music, and did not have the speakers turned on, but the right channel was jumping and pulsing. I...
  18. B

OK, I replaced the jumpers with some RCA cables. I have sound. First, I tested the power amp with my Iphone, as suggested, and I got sound. Still a lot of crackles and popping. The I hooked up the RCA cables as jumper replacements. The pre-amp is functioning, as is the power amp. This this is...
  19. B

I am not sure that I have the "jumpers." And, I don't know what jumpers are, either, but I will say that I am pretty sure there are no "jumpers" on the back of the receiver. This could be my main issue! I will try the ipod suggestion to test the power amp section. I'll try the experiments...
  20. B

Ah, thank man. I will spray that as well. Does it ever help to spray anything else with deoxit? Like, other internal connections? And what does it mean when I turn on the receiver and one watts meter pulses/fluxuates and the other doesnt? one channel has gone bad? Bad caps?
  21. B

I know the switch thing sounds like a dumb question. It probably is.
  22. B

I know what a pot is, can anyone tell me what a "switch" is? I may need to spray the switches as well. I will spray the volume and other pots, I can get those, that's not a problem. I will spray the speaker input connections again, and also the phono input. I am sure I have the phono input and...
  23. B

I have a new receiver I bought on a whim for cheap. It's a Realistic STA-2000D. Pushes a lot of power and I thought I would work on it some. I got it home and hooked it up to some speakers. Everything powers on; relay clicks. Throw on a record and...drumroll...nothing. Some minor crackles...
  24. B

Picked up a pair of mint Akai SW-156 speakers

Those look really cool...let us know how the sound after you have been listening a while
Back
Top Bottom