Search results

1. Schanz

What vintage speakers are you using with your Marantz receiver?

Same here for my model 27.
  2. Schanz

Calling all Realistic SA-2000 Owners

Don't really notice much heat on mine but it's been a while since I ran it for an extended period. It's been recapped and recalibrated so it may not be a good comparison.
  3. Schanz

DC at speaker terminals - SX-6000

Ahhh, I have some dummy load resistors. Didn't think about that.
  4. Schanz

DC at speaker terminals - SX-6000

I did a thorough replacement of electrolytic caps and transistors on this unit a couple years ago. I recently had it back open to repair a loose solder connection. I decided to check amp settings and followed these instructions for bias and center voltage...
  5. Schanz

Need new timing gear needed for PL570

I found a replacement gear on ebay. They're new manufactured but not cheap. I don't know if they're 3d printed or machined.
  6. Schanz

Pioneer PL-516 Automatic Return issues

Here are the missing parts 3-9
  7. Schanz

Pioneer PL-516 Automatic Return issues

If you have the service manual, it should illustrate how the auto-return functions. Something sounds like it's out of place or gummed up (dried grease) which is probably the case. Your only option is to have someone look at it or do it yourself. That means flipping the TT over on its top...
  8. Schanz

Pioneer PL-518 wow and flutter or slight vibrato?

message sent...
  9. Schanz

Pioneer PL550

Any dimensions/material you care to share on the foam wedge? Going to be making one myself.
  10. Schanz

Need new timing gear needed for PL570

Does anyone have a cad doc for printing the gear that commonly breaks in the timing motor on the PL-570? I also reopened an old thread int he turntable forum but thought there may be someone that frequents here. I also have a private message outgoing but no response yet.
  11. Schanz

Pioneer PL-570 timing motor and gear issues

Well, I ordered one of the motors but I still plan to repair the existing one if possible. I also discovered the return mechanism was gummed up and was probably adding tension to the motor. While waiting for the motor, I'll recap. Haven't decided whether or not to switch out old transistors...
  12. Schanz

Yeah, given the retail value of these decks, $130 wouldn't be money wasted. I'm sure the new gear will eventually suffer the same fate though so some modification may still be warranted if I want my grandkids to be able to still use it.
  13. Schanz

I really just probably need a new gear. The gear on the motor shaft is prone to cracking. Mine came apart into several pieces. I guess I need to verify the motor is still OK.
  14. Schanz

Tagging on to an old thread. I need a new gear for the timing motor. Mine came apart in pieces. Does anyone have the 3d printing file I can use or is there a part out there now that can be ordered?
  15. Schanz

Trying to find subs for two old transistors

OK, so I have to stay with germanium. The good news is that I don't have to replace them.
  16. Schanz

Trying to find subs for two old transistors

I tried filtering by max voltages on mouser and came up with two possibilities but the first appears under powered. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Type Designator: 2SB443 Material of Transistor: Ge Polarity: PNP Maximum Collector Power Dissipation (Pc): 0.1 W Maximum Collector-Base...
  17. Schanz

Toshiba SA-320 Dual-C 4700+4700uF 35v capacitor

"...in series"?? Doesn't appear so in the pic. Those are separate caps that go to the same connection point on positive.
  18. Schanz

Akai gx-280d-ss capacitors

My guess would be an additional common lug due to the sheer volume of leads there but not sure. the schematic diagram could tell you if all of those wires on either side of the yellow are tied to the negative side of the capacitor.
  19. Schanz

Maybe a pic in better focus? The red pin looks like it may have two terminals? The blade appears to be very close to the one on the far left. Is there a white dot bottom right?
  20. Schanz

oww looks like we missed out on an 8-track changer

Don't think I could resist that. I wonder who manufactured it?
  21. Schanz

Look at your second pic above. The cap says "3uf X 2", "1uf X 2" and "Yellow C". "C" is common, or ground. There are four caps in that one can. Two 3's and two 1's.
  22. Schanz

Could be OK. This one is specifically listed as AC motor run (in case that's it's purpose). MABA013100KGS Nichicon | Capacitors | DigiKey
  23. Schanz

Depends on what that 0.1uf is for. That may take the circuit diagram. My Akai's only had two axials in the motor circuit. I used a 0.5uf film because that's what I had and they tested around .48 anyway. I would consider using the caps in the digikey link.
  24. Schanz

I have used these for the motor run: C284ACR4300AL0J KEMET | Mouser They're a little expensive but made for the job. I don't worry about the lower value (.5/1uf) as those are for running in 50hz. I have also used ceiling fan run caps (ebay/amazon). They are much cheaper and have worked in one...
  25. Schanz

Akai GX-1820D restoration issue

I pulled an old Akai 1820D out of the closet that I have never really used much. It was all functioning but the sound was muddy and dull. I did a total cap and transistor replacement as well as belts. The deck now sounds amazing but record is dead. If you turn up the inputs, a buzzing gets...
Back
Top Bottom