Search results

1. R

SONY STR-6065 with dead main amp restoration

Thread bookmarked!
  2. R

?Testing Transistors?

I have L405 with one side good. IIRC I confused the primary with the secondary when I took resistance readings on the coils. The FM works on Mono. I don't know if it is worth spending a lot more hours to get the FM stereo working considering the sorry state of FM broadcast content and the fact...
  3. R

?Testing Transistors?

You could take another coil with one good side, solder some leads to the good side, and wire it in to replace the bad side of the coil. The coils were set differently as seen by the different resistance between pins 1-2 1nd 2-3, 2 being the middle pin. I have a coil with a good side. The...
  4. R

?Testing Transistors?

All coil leads attached to pins (verified with 10x magnifier). Opens are internal to the pins just as Whitehall's tech said. End of story, I guess. Time to try and find one on Barter Town.
  5. R

Shipping a Mac MA6600?

Anybody ever ship MacIntosh gear? I have an MA6600 I am thinking about selling. If I have to ship will just the original box work or do I have to go above and beyond that?
  6. R

Black Sony STR-6060 (STR-6000) rebuild..

I've been shopping for some potentiometers too. The outer pins on those 6060 pots are about 14mm apart, the middle pin is, well, in the middle. The closest thing I have found for fit are these. https://www.mouser.com/_/?Keyword=3006Y-1-103
  7. R

?Testing Transistors?

I'll remove some coils from their shells tomorrow.
  8. R

?Testing Transistors?

Pulled L405 from parts board is open one side also, just the reverse. I'm out of parts. Sucks to get almost there and be stuck up the creek without an inductor (actually it is a transformer). The parts store is closed and not due to coronavirus.:(
  9. R

?Testing Transistors?

Flat line on scope. Looks like another open coil. Seeing some resistance, about 61K on the secondary side. Not the 22 ohm or so you would expect from inductor coil. Primary side of inductor reads normal. L405 from the parts board is open too. I'm out of spares.
  10. R

?Testing Transistors?

First decent looking trace I've seen.
  11. R

?Testing Transistors?

According to board diagram Q410 Base is 0V when Mono and 2.75 Stereo. Base=0V when tuned to a stereo station or off station. Maybe there is no light at the end of this tunnel.
  12. R

?Testing Transistors?

Don't know, never used it.
  13. R

?Testing Transistors?

Q402 back in. Q409 and Q411 still out I believe, double checking. Yes, Q409 and Q411.
  14. R

?Testing Transistors?

"New" coil is in. Any further tests or instructions before I put back the 3 transistors?
  15. R

?Testing Transistors?

I have the coils off the parts board. L402 is open one side. L401 is a good coil. Removing L402 from MPX board in receiver and replacing with the L401 from parts board. I'm using a Mac.
  16. R

?Testing Transistors?

See my edit to above post. So one one side of the coil it looks like I am seeing only the 15K R405, not the coil short, the other side is good.
  17. R

?Testing Transistors?

I am also measuring 22.9 ohms between where the end of C404 connects to the board and the solder line and 14.8K between where C406 connects to the board and the solder line that looks common to L401 and L402.
  18. R

?Testing Transistors?

OK, I'm measuring 14.8Kohms between the points where C404 and C406 connect to the board on either side of the solder line that looks common to both coils.. How do you put the red circles on your board diagrams, it would be helpful if I knew how to do that.
  19. R

?Testing Transistors?

C403 put back. Q402 removed. Nothing at R406 or R409, either side.
  20. R

?Testing Transistors?

I'm not in front of the receiver yet but here is an old AK post related to this MPX problem. https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/need-a-part-for-my-sony-str-6060fw.56340/ I took a look at the parts list, L401 and L402 are the same part number. Also, you didn't comment on my...
  21. R

?Testing Transistors?

I'm getting that same feedback from SWMBO.
  22. R

?Testing Transistors?

C402, C404, C407, C410, C427 and C428 are all Styrols. I don't know how one can take care soldering other than being really quick. They got them in there somehow though.
  23. R

?Testing Transistors?

C403 was hard to get out and will be harder to get back in. I don't know if my old eyes can handle that tonight. How 'bout I do that tomorrow with fresh eyes and daylight and post results tomorrow morning
  24. R

?Testing Transistors?

LOL
  25. R

?Testing Transistors?

I have a PEAK transistor tester. I don't have the manual right here but I'm sure it will test diodes. No capicitor tester.
Back
Top Bottom