Search results

1. punchback

SX-780 recap list ?

Did you subtract the resistance of the leads?
  2. punchback

APM-200 VU Meters, open?

Be careful when those needles are exposed and unprotected. I had an old VTVM that I had the needles exposed and found out the hard way just how fragile they can be.
  3. punchback

Is this a fair deal for Phase Linear amps?

I think $250 for a PL400 is a good deal. You'll want to at minimum install a Watts Abundant speaker protection relay. After that possibly do a White Oak Audio modification consisting of just the control board or full conversion to full complimentary upgrade from the stock quasi-complimentary...
  4. punchback

Can i connect g7500 sansuai to altec lansing 508 4ohm speakers?

The Sansui G7500 has 90 wpc.
  5. punchback

Can i connect g7500 sansuai to altec lansing 508 4ohm speakers?

Per this review Altec says the 508 is designed for 125 - 250 watts per channel. I would like to think that 75 WPC would be enough to listen to them at reasonable levels. https://www.hifi-classic.net/review/altec-lansing-508a-96.html
  6. punchback

SX-680 power switch repair or replace?

I found this on eBay as an example of a 680 switch. Assuming that it is, you would have to drill out the rivets to get to the switch. I can't tell what's going on what's going on inside the metal bracket but it looks kind of like this type of switch. Not sure how the push button actuates the...
  7. punchback

Say it isn't So! Technics 1600 MK2

I also tried to send it via messages. The 3 service manuals on VE are 12.8, 3.6, and 2.9 MB which are all too large.
  8. punchback

Made some EPI speaker badges

Very cool
  9. punchback

Pics of your listening space

My little ol' system
  10. punchback

Happy National IPA Day Aug 3 '23

I'm having an Improv by Fretboard Brewing
  11. punchback

Need help with a CA-800

I have a Fisher CA800 that the power meter acted that way when I got it. It had a blown STK0080 power pack.
  12. punchback

AK 21st Anniversary Raffle

Feb 18, 2010
  13. punchback

Infinity RSa Crossover

That would be appreciated
  14. punchback

Infinity RSa Crossover

I'm sorry to say that other than new surrounds they're still waiting for some TLC.
  15. punchback

cell phones at concerts, yay or nay?

I'm a resounding NO. I can't believe anyone goes back and watches it again?? I was at a concert and there was a lady recording some part of the concert and she had the flashlight led on! Thankfully that didn't go on too long. I'm not sure if it was a mistake or she thought it was helping...
  16. punchback

Pioneer SX-780 goes into protection mode after being on for a while

Site:audiokarma.org (search terms)
  17. punchback

Pioneer PL-560 Motor Issue

Google " Site:audiokarma.org search terms " will result in everything Google can find about the search terms from audiokarma.org .
  18. punchback

Pioneer PL-560 Motor Issue

This might be the thread https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/pioneer-pl570-tonearm-timing-motor-replaced.1003172/
  19. punchback

Fried Q3 Cap Replacement

Does it look like this? If so it's non polarized and xsn go in either way
  20. punchback

Marantz 2252 sound scratchy and weak in the morning

I wonder if the relay contacts are a little oxidized?
  21. punchback

DIY Switch for my Marantz collection 2nd attempt

Very cool... Love those meters!
  22. punchback

Dual-C Filter Capacitor G-7000

If maintaining the old appearance isn't a priority look at adapt-a-cap for a pcb board that allows up to 4 new caps to be mounted together.
  23. punchback

Dual-C Filter Capacitor G-7000

I used this method detailed in the thread below. It's really more for the type of multi-section cap you'd find in tube gear. It worked really well. I heated the exterior of the cap to help the guts slide out more easily. I always like to maintain the look of the old cap but that shrink wrap...
  24. punchback

Tarnish or rust removal from MC 2105 cabinet screen

Looks nice! It's great when there's an off the shelf solution. Also helpful to get a great suggestion.
  25. punchback

Show Us Your Skulls

Back
Top Bottom