Search results

1. MrTie

R.I.P. Kegger

Just saw this on the SMAC group. My thoughts and condolences are with the family. What a tragic, stupid loss, Kegger was always so extremely nice and helpful his presence will be greatly missed.
  2. MrTie

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Not sure if this has been posted yet but it looks pretty neat. https://www.tindie.com/products/microwavemont/nutube-based-15wx2-amplifier-kit-with-class-d-amp/ been wondering when the korg nutube were going to start making it into DIY designs. TPA3110 based unit.
  3. MrTie

Let's see your cans!

4. MrTie

Pictures of your computer set ups

It would make sense as Sandy Gross founded both companies.
  5. MrTie

Pics of your listening space

Main System. Mains: B&W DM3000 Subs:Stereo Integrity HT-18 & Dayton RSHO18 both in 4.3cu sealed boxes. Receiver: Denon AVR-X4000 Subamp: Behringer NU-6000DSP Digital Source: PlayStation 3 Tape: Nakamichi BX-300 Power: Belkin Pure AV60 Office/Vinyl System. Mains: JBL LSR-305 Preamp: Schiit...
  6. MrTie

Truly excellent in near field, my main system stereo speakers are B&W DM3000s and the cheap little JBL just smoke them in a lot of ways. I don't think I've ever heard a better speaker for how little they cost me. I think if anyone is looking for a reasonable desktop or small system these should...
  7. MrTie

Speakers: JBL LSR305 Headphones: Beyerdyamnic DT990 Pro Dac: Asus Essence ST Preamp: Emotiva USP-1 Turntable: Dual 1225/Shure M95ed
  8. MrTie

Help me make a decision - B&W DM3000 or Polk SDA II

Totally agree, the DM3000's love a subwoofer if you're a basshead like me.
  9. MrTie

Help me make a decision - B&W DM3000 or Polk SDA II

Most likely past mattering, but as another DM3000 owner I thought I would chip in. I replaced a pair of Polk Monitor 10a's with the B&Ws. I don't find them to be an overly bright speaker, but I have had past love affairs with Klipsch so take that as you will. I find the DM's in my room have a...
  10. MrTie

SMAC November 2014

Oh I know, I have bought a few mini-x's and a USP-1 from emo in the past, but I'm looking for a used unit, I just can't justify a near $1000 pre when the Gen 1 XSP-1's are selling for $500-600 now.
  11. MrTie

SMAC November 2014

I will be there. I'm currently thinking about buying a XSP-1 and Dave's setup is close enough to mine(B&W DM3000, USP-1, Crown) that this will be as close to audition as I could get without buying a XSP-1 to see.
  12. MrTie

SMAC October 2013

Thanks so much for having us out, Your system was very impressive,you have wonderful home, and it was also great to hear NOSvalve's gear. I wish I could have stayed longer but my friend had to work at 4pm.
  13. MrTie

SMAC October 2013

Nice, I think I sold those to him, excited to see how they turned out.
  14. MrTie

Thorens owners group

15. MrTie

SMAC October 2013

Count me in, as a fellow resident of the Northern Wastes, I won't miss a meet where I don't have to driver 2 hours south.
  16. MrTie

Need help ID'ing Realistic speaker.

I didn't end up chasing the realistic Kabuki, they closed at over $60 seems steep to me.
  17. MrTie

Fisher 102 I guess, i actually just won that entire lot for $30, so I guess we'll see how much work the Monitor 10a's need.
  18. MrTie

I think they might be listing says Polk 10a
  19. MrTie

Their are two different woofer looking closer, very curious. Pretty decent looking veneer.
  20. MrTie

I do not have access to the speakers they are at an auction sight about 35 miles from me. I may just toss bid in just for curiosity sake.
  21. MrTie

Local auction has a pretty nice looking pair of Realistic brand speakers for sale, and I don't have the option of driving over there tonight. I have been going crazy trying to figure out what they are, the tweeter/midrange looks straight off the Mach 2, and the cabs look large and solid, Dual...
  22. MrTie

SMAC July 2013

I didn't get to stay long but thanks for having me out! I hope to hear your unity horns some day when you have them dialed in.
  23. MrTie

New to the cult of MAC. MC 2505.

Just picked up this beauty and she is a looker, she for sure needs work though. One owner(passed) but it's been in a closest for years. I have a slight hum in the left channel at all volumes(very quiet but it's there), and the outputs(both) gets fairly distorted as I turn up the volume on my...
  24. MrTie

B&W DM-3000 Speakers

I sadly have limited range on placement, I did play around a bit and found an acceptable position and toe in, I wish I had the space, but we make do with what we have I guess, either way, I re-ran audyssey(I can see purist with their pitchforks now) on my Onkyo Pre-pro and they are sounding very...
  25. MrTie

B&W DM-3000 Speakers

I'm fairly limited on what i can spend on power right now, I was thinking about looking for a Adcom GFA-555II, I only wonder if it might be a bad match, as they are somewhat bright on my emotiva gear(coming from a former Klipsch guy that is saying something), I played with toe in tamed the highs...
Back
Top Bottom