Search results

1. R

Picked up a Teac 2300S today along with 106 tapes - free!

The deck looks great - but on another forum some users mentioned the heads look pretty worn - seems they are unobtanium. My plan is eventually to clean it up etc before I start actually using it - so at this point it is a very heavy decoration. Here is the unit along with some shots of the...
  2. R

What do you folks think of this SX 650 rebuild kit - for an amateur...

I have a SX 650 that is dead at the moment - it would sound fine for a little while or days - then I'd lose a channel - or I'd hear a loud screech - and I'd immediately shut it down. I've cleaned it out - and a bit of de-oxit in pots - but I feel it needs a complete rebuild. I found this...
  3. R

Shure V15 Type IV arrived - faint sound from left channel...

I bought a very nice Shure V15 off the bay - it looks absolutely wonderful - clean and the stylus looks nice - even tried my new JICO SAS. I've set it up on my Technics M5g - Technics headshell - and at first no sound from left channel - swapped the stylus - same thing. I've done the following...
  4. R

Office system sounds way better than it should...

I've recently setup my turntable in the office and tonight have been blasting some Bill Evans (Live at the Vanguard) and am quite surprised at how good this little system sounds. It is really giving my main system a run for the money. Components: KAB Technics (my backup deck taken out of...
  5. R

Joining the club w/my new pool speaker

Hahhaa. Works like a champ. I assume there is a horn in it somewhere. Actually I have JBLs in my land cruiser- so scratch that...
  6. R

Building my own Interconnects and Speaker Cables - just checking....

I need to build two sets of RCA interconnects for my new to arrive Marantz ND8006 CD Player and my Tube Monoblocks. They do not need to be very long - about 3 ft/1 Meter. I'm using Canare - and following the thread posted here a long while back. All the parts are ordered - I think I'm all...
  7. R

How to protect wood veneer from 70lb amplifier

I'd like to place each amp on top of my speakers (like I used to have). Before - I used that thick corrugated black rubber - thick and pretty ugly looking. I'm thinking of using a nice butcher block 12 X 10 - and I wonder if a sheet of cork (thin) would be good to place between the butcher...
  8. R

Anyone cook/slice their own sandwich meat - ex RoastBeef?

I'm toying with the idea of cooking and slicing my own lunch meat - Roastbeef/Turkey. We have Boars head deli meats at my local store which has good meat - just expensive and fairly salty - very processed (briney - I guess you would say) - questionably fresh (sometimes the good turkey that I...
  9. R

Something to help that romantic evening.....

Honey - when is the Chicken going to be ready? Ohh that - that is just a firelog -I'm making us a nice salad. o_O
  10. R

Damn you HungryMan TV dinner...

Ok - two Chicken dinners (Chicken w/bone) where the chicken was in the cake. Best TV dinner out there. But come on - Swanson - or who every you are - keep up the quality. Any fans? Anything better TV dinner wise?
  11. R

Hmm..New Cart? New Pre? New tubes? - no new Vacuum cleaner!

That time of the year to buy something cool - this year - the Neato D5 robot vacuum cleaner - should be pretty cool. https://www.neatorobotics.com/robot-vacuum/botvac-connected-series/botvac-d5-connected/ Runner up gifts: Zu Dl103 - always wanted one - but not sure it would be a good match...
  12. R

Cuisinart Recall - be sure to get your new blade...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2016/12/13/8-million-cuisinart-food-processors-recalled-amid-laceration-reports/95368046/ FYI - I have one of these that I use all the time - be sure to get your blade replaced.
  13. R

Where can I get quality exterior Christmas lights....

Last year I threw out my True Value bought Icicles that I had for a few years - became angry when trying to fix them and just threw them. So I went to Walmart and picked up LED Icicles - thinking that the LEDs would last forever like my interior tree lights - boy was I wrong. When I pulled...
  14. R

Brining the turkey this year..

What a pain to do this - but I did it a few years back and enjoyed it. I'm now starving as the entire house smells like the brine. I hit up Walmart this morning and bought 1.5 gallons of Veg Broth. Kind of an Allrecipes.com/Alton Brown combo: 1.5 gallons v broth (1.88$ per 32 ounce box) 1/2...
  15. R

Which Car Speakers should I get...

I have a blown Bose 5inch in the rear door (making a flapping sound likely needs new surround) and for my car I can go with 6.5 inch in both rear doors and front doors - I'd be looking at 4. It is a toss up between Hertz, Polk and Infinity Hertz 165.5 Polk MM6501 And Infinity Kappa...
  16. R

Honey, it is our anniversary - are you staring at another woman?

You haven't looked at me all night... :naughty:
  17. R

Home Alone....

Home alone the next couple of days. Getting bad looks from the dogs for not walking (one dog simply split). Playing some older music - Duke Ellington, Miles... I need a pair of those Bill Murray Bud Wiser shorts. Wish me luck! Agenda: - Drink some beer and Scotch - When hungry - place...
  18. R

McIntosh & Altec A7 (minus drivers) Prescott AZ

Not sure if this is legit - as I never see this stuff - but looks pretty cool. The Mc is for 2000 and the A7s have non-altec drivers. If I needed an amp - I'd be all over the Mc. Happy hunting. https://prescott.craigslist.org/ele/5670969632.html
  19. R

Children of the 70's - what did you have or covet from this great catalog...

1970-xx-xx Montgomery Ward Christmas Catalog: https://www.flickr.com/photos/wishbook/sets/72157623436973672/
  20. R

Damn Mistletoe - stuff is evil!

Cutting this stuff out of my trees is a real pain. What a parasite - lands on the branch and takes root - robbing the tree. Anyone deal with this stuff - any tips? I have a huge pile I'd like to burn but can't. back to cutting. Thanks,
  21. R

Advise for selling expensive gear - eBay/Audiogon

I've searched and searched - and would like advice that is current as I know things have changed in the eBay sellers world. I'm on the fence about upgrading my McIntosh preamp from a c220 to a c2500. I can trade it in but of course I can get close to a 1K more if I sell on eBay which will take...
  22. R

Klipsch KG 4.5 on Prescott AZ Craigslist 150.00

https://prescott.craigslist.org/ele/5542150931.html Seems like a nice deal.
  23. R

Some interesting Klipschorns

https://prescott.craigslist.org/msg/5536642148.html
  24. R

Need a new Guitar Amp? Great EVH Demo by Eddie Van Halen

I caught this today from another forum - Eddie doing a great demo of his EVH gear - too bad I do not need a new amp..:scratch2: https://vimeo.com/120203163 Enjoy the Master at work!
  25. R

Is this a bad idea..

I've been thinking about getting my son a truck (for selfish reasons a truck would be nice to say - haul a couple dirtbikes w/o the need of me buying a trailer - but also because he has been doing really well.) Regardless of that - I've found a nice 67 Ford F100 - 300 six - guys asking 2800...
Back
Top Bottom