Search results

1. JimPA

Missing Fried Products info from the IMF Electronics site.

That is where I put the information.
  2. JimPA

Happy Birthday JimPA!

Thanks for thinking about me on my birthday. I have been busy on YouTube.
  3. JimPA

Fried Studio IV

Pete B we may never know for sure the answer to your question. You might be correct that Eminence was asked to clone that woofer. One would have to find someone that worked for Fried or Eminence during that era to find the truth of the matter. Possibly someone at Meniscus Audio might know. I...
  4. JimPA

New find Fried Speakers...thoughts or comments?

I am sure the Seas tweeter was discontinued a long time ago.
  5. JimPA

New find Fried Speakers...thoughts or comments?

The crossover of the model Q speakers are not designed for the Hiquphon tweeters. Also they wouldn't fit the model Q enclosures. IIRC a Seas tweeter was used in the first model Q speaker. Phase Tech oem tweeters were used in later model Q and A speakers.
  6. JimPA

Can you give me a little class on transmission line speakers?

This is a side view of two transmission line designs.
  7. JimPA

Fried C2 mini spkrs- questions re the original Hiquphon tweeters

I have a one of a kind pair of Fried speakers. I used the C1 and O1 drivers in the C3L and O4 transmission line enclosures. I redesigned the series crossover to use the Hiquphon tweeters.
  8. JimPA

Fried did use the Scan Speak 2008 with the C2 model but not the C3 or C3L models. He used a RC contour network with the tweeter. You can see the 2ohm resistor and 2.2mfd cap on the crossover diagram. This is a shelving circuit which allows the first order crossover to be used with the 2008...
  9. JimPA

Ellis Audio still sells the Fried version of the Hiquphon tweeter that use ferrofluid. The price is now $300 per pair.ref=sr_1_3 I would not advise using the Scan Speak 2008 tweeter with Fried C3 model. The crossover could eventually burn out the 2008 tweeter. Fried used a first order series...
  10. JimPA

Companies that make their own drivers vs those that dont

The hexacoil technology used by Dynaudio was originated by Morel. Dynaudio was founded in 1977 and Morel in 1975.
  11. JimPA

Back in the early 90's I heard some of the Osborn speakers from Australia.. They used either the Focat T-90 or T-120 inverted domes. I thought the Focal domes were harsh and sibilant compared to the Hiquphon tweeters I listen to.
  12. JimPA

The older Wilson Watt Puppies from the early 90's had their 6.5" drivers custom made. It was a Seas doped paper cone unit with an inverted surround. BITD there were US based companies like Precision Sound, Gefco and Carboneau, etc. who made drivers. Some of these companies made all of the parts...
  13. JimPA

Fried Speakers

Hi, because of AK Forum rules buying and selling can only be discussed in Dollars and Sense. I have no idea what a pair may sell for now. A pair of new Hiquphon tweeters are $300 now.
  14. JimPA

Fried Speakers

Those are the Fried C3L model. More info can be found in the link below. index.php
  15. JimPA

sealed cabinet vs. sealed cabinet + stuffing

I wonder if anyone knows the specs of the Heresy woofer?
  16. JimPA

Has anyone found a pair of speakers and said "I'm done"?

I have not purchased an assembled set of speakers since I was a teenager. After building kits I have been very satisfied with the speakers I have built in my basement.
  17. JimPA

Audio Concepts 3 way speakers - info?

Carbonneau stopped making oem drivers around 1991. This caused many speaker companies to find a new source for their oem drivers.
  18. JimPA

Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

Somehow all of my old uploads on Youtube were deleted. The sound quality of my son's iPhone mic is superior to my web cam for audio.
  19. JimPA

Fried Signature A/2 speakers

20. JimPA

La Palma Volcano (Canary Islands) Eruption Live Stream

A Swarm Of 700 Earthquakes Rattles Canary Islands, Sparks Speculation Of Volcanic Eruption swarm-700-earthquakes-rattles-canary-islands-sparking-speculation-volcanic-eruption Cumbre Vieja Volcano -- Potential collapse and tsunami at La Palma, Canary Islands La_Palma_grl.pdf It could be an...
  21. JimPA

Mass Loaded Transmission Line Speakers

There is a lot of low frequency sound that exits line terminus from the vent of T-Lines I have listened to my Fried C3L enclosures on my kitchen table after installing the drivers. The vent is at the rear of the enclosure. When listening to the enclosures from the rear the amount of bass coming...
  22. JimPA

The egg crate is low density but no the exact type used to dampen the lines. The Airtex regular density is the type Fried used. 14759583.html Most fabric stores have large rolls and sell it by the foot. I have yet to find any PC program that models foam in transmission lines. Many like Fried...
  23. JimPA

Walmart usually has the polyester fiber fill in stock. 20713592 When it comes to low density polyurethane foam it has a much higher bulk density than poly fil. The last two folds of the line would require one piece in the middle placed vertically in the line. I have experimented with poly fill...
  24. JimPA

Fried claimed he did give advice to Amar Bose when it came to the Wave Radio design. IIRC there is a circuit to boost the bass in the wave radio design. The Fried O1 and SM1 subwoofer designs were offset a little. They were the wide less deep enclosure designs. I don't have the plans on my...
Back
Top Bottom