Search results

1. ovaeasy

Kenwood KA7150 replacement input selector switch

If you can hold on a bit more, I have one for you, free of charge. My wife and I are in the middle of moving , and at 72, a bit more of a challenge than it used to be. I'll get back to you in a week or so. Anything else you need for a 7100? Greg
  2. ovaeasy

Whats your favorite quote?

Stray dogs that live on the highway walk on three legs......Leon Russell
  3. ovaeasy

Kenwood KR-9050 blowing fuse, no power but still clicks. HELP

I think you're on the right track as what looks like D16 is a bit crusty. That's glue by the way. Check out cdkands.com for how he handled glue issues.
  4. ovaeasy

Kenwood KR-9050 blowing fuse, no power but still clicks. HELP

Just a pet peeve of mine, but fuses DO NOT protect a circuit downstream of that fuse. One of those three circuits DOWNSTREAM caused the fuse to blow. The connection point (3) after F2 feeds three circuits: display lights, speaker select and the tuner board. You will have to disconnect each...
  5. ovaeasy

Art Dudley.....RIP

:(....Art's column was always the first I turned to. Lot's to bitch about when it comes to high-end and the magazines that follow them, and I always didn't agree with some of his philosophies, but he was the best.
  6. ovaeasy

Deal or am I being ripped off?

Robert Harley @ Absolute Sound reviewed these in 2008, so they've out in the market for quite a while. Counter with $450 first and see if he wants to sell them or not. Good luck!
  7. ovaeasy

Kenwood KA-801 Control Board

For future reference, R61/63 will be same value as R62/64 (470 1/4W) and R69/70 will also be the same value (75 1/4W). HINT: study the right and left side of the circuit board. Does anything jump out at you? D3 is a 28V 1/2 W zener. Good Luck
  8. ovaeasy

Today's Velvet Underground, Alumni, and Covers Playlist

....with backing by Robert Wyatt and Mike Oldfield.
  9. ovaeasy

Rotel RX-400A - a rebranded Harman Kardon 330A or 330B

Have no dog in this fight, Mr. Lucy, but Google and The Vintage Knob might help you understand audiojones's point. Harmon had to sell out when he joined the Carter Administration. Beatrice Foods sold that division to Shin Shirasuna.
  10. ovaeasy

RIP Hardy Fox (The Residents) 1945-2018

Sinister exaggerator....indeed! R.I.P.
  11. ovaeasy

how do you replace the drive-belt on a kenwood KRX-5 tape deck?

You are correct in your assumption. However, you have a real odd unit, it being a cassette receiver. Lots of teardown needed and probably many small tools are going to be needed, ie. small e-clips are usually prevalent in cassette decks. Rick at stereomanuals.com has the service document...
  12. ovaeasy

Alps Power Switch source for Kenwood KR's?

Not having ever owned a KR unit, I do believe he needs a rotary type....^^^^^.....and that ain't it. Being it's a receiver, but not knowing which one, I also think that is a 5A switch for a tuner or cassette deck, not really suitable for an amp or receiver. If it was mine and the speaker...
  13. ovaeasy

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

In more ways than one....:whip:
  14. ovaeasy

Advice?—Denon DL 103 Cartridge Screws Don't Fit Grado Micro-Control Wood Tonearm

The main issue, which most here who keep talking about thread size miss, is that the hole spacing is incorrect. Once that issue is addressed, we don't care what the thread size is, the OP could even choose a thread size totally different than the two he currently has. Next comes length, and...
  15. ovaeasy

Advice?—Denon DL 103 Cartridge Screws Don't Fit Grado Micro-Control Wood Tonearm

I don't think you want to add unnecessary weight by installing washers or nuts under the screw head. Finding the correct thread size and length shouldn't be that big of a deal. If they are aluminum, easy to shorten if you're somewhat mechanically inclined and have the tools to make it...
  16. ovaeasy

KA-7100 No sound

Ditto the above, although it hasn't been determined that you even have a scope. The tone defeat, loudness, and mode switches are notorious for completely defeating the signal. At least toggle them a few times with volume setting at no more than 9 o'clock.
  17. ovaeasy

Rega Planar 3/Hana EH

Art, I DID recently retire, and thought I would splurge on myself and upgrade my table (Pro-Ject Debut III w/ acrylic platter). I too decided on the P3 and was toying with the idea of upgrading the stock Elys with the Hana EH. But I ended up with a demo unit with the Exact installed for the...
  18. ovaeasy

B&K ST-140 Service Manual and/or advice needed (low bias adjustment problem)

You're way ahead of everyone else around here if you have those documents. Questions concerning these usually go unanswered, and believe me when I say I have an interest as my son has both the stereo and monoblock versions. My lack of experience with these MOSFET amps precludes tearing into...
  19. ovaeasy

A semi idiot updates his dream amp; KA-8100

Input RCA's.....oops! bad eyes! :cool:
  20. ovaeasy

KA-8100 Volume Knob

Not without modifying the knob. You would need to have a little over a 1/4" milled off of the backside and about an 1/8" taken off the center hub as it butts up against the balance knob hub, not leaving enough shaft to tighten the set screw.
  21. ovaeasy

Kenwood KA-7100 Heat Sink

Unlike several of the posters here, i have one in front of me, and they have missed the most important part. You'll figure it out. Good luck.
  22. ovaeasy

In search of Volume knob for Kenwood KR-A5010

You'll have to find a donor unit or a good samaritan. That's it. Good Luck.
  23. ovaeasy

Onkyo Tuner

Better than most. One of two tuners I should have kept. Warning: Faceplate lettering is very, very fragile.
Back
Top Bottom