Search results

1. P. Shivers

Super Bowl XLVIII Seattle V. Denver

I'll be at the post parade celebration at Century Link Stadium. My office is across the street, and I work for the owner of the team.:D
  2. P. Shivers

Songs About Coffee

You beat me to it, I was about to post this one too. As a former Iowa City resident, I've seen this one live a few times. When he played it at a show here in Seattle years ago, he talked about not liking coffee, and the greasy little beans his wife kept in the freezer. This was a wife or two...
  3. P. Shivers

Which Yamaha CDC should I get?

You want the CDC-845. Take a look at this thread for more opinions. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-112841.html
  4. P. Shivers

Boston T830...Really Liking These!!

I've owned the T-830 and T-930 too. I preferred the T-830 of those two sets, but sold those when I found my A-400s.:yes:
  5. P. Shivers

Sound engineers with a huge rep, that you dislike

I guess I'm a fan of vast whirling vortexes of mud then, becuase he's produced some of my favorite records. He definitely puts his stamp on the records he produces, but I like the results.
  6. P. Shivers

So, there have been a few threads asking about visiting Chicago...

As someone who was born and riased there, the one quote that rings true to me is "Chicago is good at ethnicities and racism." It is the most racially and ethnically segregated place I've lived in. The city seems way more tourist friendly now, than it did when I lived there. Most of my family is...
  7. P. Shivers

ALICE IN CHAINS - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here

I love the title of that.:thmbsp:
  8. P. Shivers

ADS L1290s in Seattle

One of the 1290's looks like it did a face plant, as both domes are damaged. These are local, so I'll put them in my watch list. Thanks for the heads up.
  9. P. Shivers

Antique shop find..

Did someone mention Lane Acclaim? I kind of went a little crazy last year buying and re-finishing a few of these that I found on Craigslist. I've flipped a few for a nice profit, and kept my favorites. Before you purists complain, I actually prefer the higher contrast look of these to the...
  10. P. Shivers

Apple TV or Airport Express for streaming?

I just set up an Airport Express for my daughter recently, and wired it to her Yamaha CR-1020 using the audio mini jack on the AE. To be able to stream any audio output from her 2012 MacBook, I upgraded the OS to Moutain Lion. If you're running Mountain Lion, you can Option+click on the sound...
  11. P. Shivers

Boston Bricks

There was a pair of these in woodgrain cabinets on the Seattle CL recently. They were selling for $40, and were there for a couple weeks. I looked at that ad repeatedly, but couldn't find a use for them. It helped that they were up in Everett, WA. If they had been in Seattle, I would have...
  12. P. Shivers

Boston Bricks

I have owned a pair of those since they were new. They originally were used as bedroom speakers, but are now the rear surrounds in my HT set-up. Boston made wall mounts specific to this series, that allow you to adjust the angle that they tilt from the wall. Mine are mounted up near the...
  13. P. Shivers

Good deal? Boston Acoustic VR "Lynnfield" VR901 Center

I agree, and I've owned both of these. I'm currently using the VR12. The VR12 and VR920 are what I would suggest. The VR14 is huge, and pretty rare, but if you want the biggest and baddest BA center channel, that is it. BTW, I believe you have the model number wrong, it is the VR910, not 901.
  14. P. Shivers

Going to the dealership this weekend for a car - wish me luck.

I was looking to buy a TDI wagon this summer, and test drove one. They are very popular here in the PNW, so no deals from the local VW dealers. :no: It ended up being a little too spendy for our budget, and we bought a new Subaru Forester instead. We got the 0% financing on the Forester, but...
  15. P. Shivers

So long, Supersonics.

I'm not so sure about that. We have a lot of Canadians here in Seattle. If we could get all of the Canadians who go to the Costco in Bellingham, to buy up all of the milk and gas, to come a little further south, we'd be set for NHL fans. :D
  16. P. Shivers

So long, Supersonics.

The Reign Man:thmbsp: I believe he's the inspiration behind the term baby daddy.:D
  17. P. Shivers

So long, Supersonics.

Welcome back Sonics (maybe).!!! This deserves a few bananas.:banana::banana::banana:
  18. P. Shivers

Billy Bragg!

I saw him in concert a few years ago. It was a great show. Folk music played loud on a Telecaster, great stuff. :thmbsp:
  19. P. Shivers

Break Up Albums

Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks Richard & Linda Thompson - Shoot out the Lights
  20. P. Shivers

I used to listen to this? And liked it?

You just described the experience I had at a Medeski, Martin & Wood concert in the mid '90s. I went with some friends, having never heard the band before. I must have been the only person in the club who wasn't high, and it was the most boring concert I've ever been to. Endless...
  21. P. Shivers

Hum in speakers when using two amps?

Yes, this is what fixed this issue when I had it happen to me. I took some old speaker wire and connected the cases of the two amps together, by connecting one end of the wire to a screw holding the case covers on the back of each amp. No more ground hum.
  22. P. Shivers

Show off your Aquarium!

Very nice.:thmbsp:
  23. P. Shivers

Show off your Aquarium!

I spent over 30 years messing around with aquariums. I sold all of my equipment two years ago, and am starting to really miss it. I was mainly into fresh water south american fish with live plants, but tried salt water and brackish tanks too. It really is a lot of work to maintain an...
  24. P. Shivers

What subwoofers do you use?

I recently purchased a used Outlaw LFM-1EX subwoofer, to replace the 10" Dayton sub I used for years. Man, was that ever an upgrade.:jawdrop:
Back
Top Bottom