Search results

1. Zarathustra

Kappa 8 Vs Irs Omega?

Haha, nice!
  2. Zarathustra

Kappa 8 Vs Irs Omega?

Yesterday I connected them with a pair of Threshold SA/1's and now they shine. Even when I could not hear my own voice when speaking, they still sounded great with good lowend control en silky highs. I really recommend these Omega's if you're looking for a reasonable handling Infinity (only...
  3. Zarathustra

Kappa 8 Vs Irs Omega?

I know have the QLS, Kappa 9A and IRS Omega. They all have their strengths. I would say for sheer power and dancing with your wife (I do that sometimes ;-)) I would choose the Kappa's. For refinement and precision I would choose the Omega's and for a bit of both I would go for the QLS's. What...
  4. Zarathustra

Infinity IRS Omega

Was the IRS Omega made in Denmark or the USA? Or maybe for the European market by Infinity Systems A/S Birkerød DENMARK and for the US market in Northridge California?
  5. Zarathustra

Audire Audio Components

Audire Philosophy part: "Since our inception in 1971..." Did not know that. Julius started before Nelson Pass (1974) and Mark Levinson (1972)!
  6. Zarathustra

Audire Audio Components

What a humongous transformer! Those blue Mallory's CGS series are very good I've gathered from Nelson Pass. I have them in my Threshold amps and they're still measuring okay.
  7. Zarathustra

Audire Audio Components

There are a lot of not so well known US based manufacturers of highend audio components. It's hard to get the right attention and coverage. Levinson, Audio Research, Krell, Jeff Rowland, Conrad Johnson and Threshold did pretty well for the amplifier market. These brands are/were established and...
  8. Zarathustra

Audire Audio Components

The late designer Julius Siksnius also involved with the Apollo program. It's not a very well known highend audiobrand in the US and almost unknown in Europe. The Otez and its Class A variant the Parlando are most potent amps from Audire. I had the smaller Forte which did have a dual mono...
  9. Zarathustra

Audire Audio Components

Great catch!
  10. Zarathustra

the Threshold owners thread

The Mallory powersupplycaps, now the CD CGS series, stay pretty good as I experienced with capacity and ESR meter and NP did confirm that too.
  11. Zarathustra

Abover is the Nakamichi PA7 amp and above that one of my strapped S/500's which becomes a SA/1 when doing it in massive parallel mode and a S/1000 when doing it in bridged mode. I have these SA/1's now with the meters:
  12. Zarathustra

Massive parallel configuration. That's how I implemented it with help from the famous user Zen Mod on the PassLabs forum.
  13. Zarathustra

Not 4000's but S/500's like a pair of SA/1 so in massive parallel mode not bridged. Worked fine but ask at DIYaudio PassLabs forum how to accomplish that.
  14. Zarathustra

QLS vs Kappa 9a vs RSIIb

I'm still not happy with the standing waves of low energy in my room. In the owners manual of the RSIIb it is stated that: "The equalizer unit MUST BE USED whether the speakers are used in single-amp or bi-amp mode." Does that mean that the 'Bass Gain' and 'Contour' controls on the Eq Unit are...
  15. Zarathustra

QLS vs Kappa 9a vs RSIIb

The Xover has been updated with a bunch of nonpolars for the old capacitor cans on the low end and the pots have been replaced. I have 4 Emits, 3 original domes (had 4 one has been used in 8 years) and 2 midbasscouplers as spare. Missed out on a pair of papercone Watkins woofers. Walnut finish...
  16. Zarathustra

QLS vs Kappa 9a vs RSIIb

Yesterday I moved my QLS's to my new house and I found that the overload of the bass which I experienced with the K9's was significantly reduced. I found the overall sound of the QLS better than the K9. The QLS is a much more refined speaker IMO, has more authority and a better depth of the...
  17. Zarathustra

QLS vs Kappa 9a vs RSIIb

Thak you very much for this wealth of information.
  18. Zarathustra

QLS vs Kappa 9a vs RSIIb

Thanks for your comments on the RSIIb's The Emim could be an issue I wasn't aware of. Thanks for pointing that out for me.
  19. Zarathustra

QLS vs Kappa 9a vs RSIIb

Hello Infinity lovers, Recently I moved to a new house and a new room for my audio setup. I first tried my pair of Kappa 9's (with Threshold SA/1's) and I got way to much bass energy. I will try my QLS's in a few weeks but I saw a pair of pristine looking RSIIb's with the equalizer where you...
  20. Zarathustra

IRS V Auction

I know that Nudell always preferred tubes (CJ & ARC in particular) on his high/mid sections but did he recommend Threshold specifically on the lowsection?
  21. Zarathustra

IRS V Auction

That's a real luxury on your woofersection with those Class A SA/12's the last NP designed Threshold. With my QLS I get little revenue with biamping and I tried a lot of combinations. Now I've settled for the SA/1's without all the hassle.
  22. Zarathustra

IRS V Auction

That sounds great. Do you use tubes on the mid/high section and solidstate on the woofers? I experimented with Threshold SA/1's and a Conrad Johnson One b on my old QLS's and nowadays I use either one fullrange and the CJ PREM ONE or SA/1's have no problem to drive them that way. I know with...
  23. Zarathustra

IRS V Auction

Have had the b version a kind of "pre-cursor" for the Kapa Series.
  24. Zarathustra

IRS V Auction

Well it seems you have (built yourself) a dedicated listinging room (as Pio1980 states) that would suit the IRS. According to Paul McGowan Nudell preferred your Beta's over the IRS. Something to do with the more seamless transfer between the L-Emim's and the woofertower than the IRS Emim's and...
  25. Zarathustra

IRS V Auction

In Germany a complete original QRS is for sale (at CJM Audio) for over 2 years now. The already chipped off € 10k of the price, but they are still there for sale. I think they can't close a sale because the system is too big, too cumbersome to be accomodated in the right way. My wife just...
Back
Top Bottom