Search results

1. I

Bob Latino ST-70 Kit Project

Wow. very nice. Wish i could hear it.
  2. I

What Variac/variable transformer is a good buy?

Man, you guys really got great deals. I dont know where to find a local auction, so I just got one from ebay for $40 total. 10A with 1.4kW.
  3. I

General Radio, Superior Electric Powerstat, and Tenma. Gotch ya! Oh, yes, that is a good idea to consider one with a current meter. Thx for the advice!!
  4. I

Hi, I am looking at buying a variac for my tube amps. Other than the Amps, Watts and Voltage range, what should i be aware of? Are there some bad brans that I should avoid (e.g. they have lots of noise or hum?) Should i buy a vintage variac since they are generally cheaper? I checked online...
  5. I

Celestion speakers SL6

I know this post is old, but I just want to echo what everyone is saying. I own a pair of SL6 since 1998. My uncle bought them for $800 total, and gave them to me when he upgraded his system in 98. These speakers are great with vocal, acoustic guitar and such instruments from LP records. I have...
  6. I

Dynaco Mark Iii Power Transformer Hum-help Please!!!

I am not sure how much DC offset might be on the AC line. The DMMs would give a range from 2V to 10V depending on what DMM i used. But one thing for sure is that I can get a variac and give the correct AC voltage to my amps, while isolating any DC voltage. I guess 'Hum' is common on any power...
  7. I

Hey Bob, thx for confirming that the circuit is correct. I am so happy simply from learning a little more about wiring up transformers. On the side note. My brain is on overload tonight as I had no idea that AC line has DC voltage. I took out my DMM and i did measure 9.5VDC... I am skeptic with...
  8. I

I tried out the thermistor/Inrush current limiters (ICL) and one thing i didnt like about it was the heat. Its already warm in that small limited space, and the ICL is adding more heat. I did install 100 degrees C rating capacitors, so I guess the added heat shouldnt be a problem. I measured the...
  9. I

HiFi Canada: That sounds like a good idea. The original MkIII dont have these rubber washers. I'll try and find some at the hardware store. Bob: Ah!! now i understand. Is this the correct wiring? Also, if the reducing Tx has a higher current rating (e.g. 5A), would that back fire into the...
  10. I

Hello Bob, That is an interesting idea. Is there a website for me to understand this idea better? As I only know the basics of transformers. I am guessing you are talking about using a 6.3VAC @ 180 degree out of phase. Therefore, I will reduce the voltage from 120VAC - 6VAC = 114 VAC? If so...
  11. I

Hi, my Mark III's have the same problem. I found a mint pair of MkIIIs from a 1 owner that never abuse the amps. I bought them and when I was refurbishing the MkIII's I saw that the voltage goes up to 550V, and it stays around 500V to 510V. Hence, I upgraded all my caps to handle 800V. I also...
Back
Top Bottom