Search results

1. sregor

Potpourri Of The Interesting Stuff

How about the artichoke? Also, some flowers are edible.
  2. sregor

Kenwood KR 7600 will not come out of protection.

IMHO most protect issues are actually symptoms of other issues. Voltage regulator/power supply being the most common, followed by amplifier failure. So, reengineering would be useful in those areas, not the protect circuit itself. My 2 cents
  3. sregor

So You Want To Repair Audio gear, Eh? Here's the tools you need...

search "alcohol dispenser push down" Amazon or medical supplies. Also, can use nail polish remover or acetone dispenser.
  4. sregor

What kind of cable is this? Sanyo TP 660

Bad me for not looking more carefully at the back label. I was going by what was in the tp668 manual for the turntable.. And that may not be correct. FWIW 8VAC rectified and filtered would be about 12V DC. And will bet money it is a DC servo motor drive.
  5. sregor

What kind of cable is this? Sanyo TP 660

That turntable is part of a rack system. (Sanyo 660 system). Found the 0wners manual for a 668 system which uses the same power cord. (Edit - misinformatiion removed)
  6. sregor

Nikko NR-719 Project What's this blue gunk inside?

There used to be contact cleaners called blue stuff or blue spray. Some were ok, others left messy residues. So may be from that, but don't know how it would just be under heat sinks. Or maybe something spilled, and was cleaned up off the boards, but not where you can see easily? Also, oxidized...
  7. sregor

Seriously Concerned About my Mental Health

Wood case? there were a few cases of funny noise due to too long screws which were affecting the jacks in the front panel.... just a shot.
  8. sregor

Direct-drive, Hall-effect motor has slow start-up

Many companies glue components in place before wave soldering. Some of the early surface mount IC's you had to unsolder and lift up the leads, then twist to break the glue.
  9. sregor

Replacement tweeters on B&W DM4s

Oops. Just presumed larger tweeter was mid tweeter.
  10. sregor

Replacement tweeters on B&W DM4s

Those look like Celestion HF-1300 tweeters. They are no slouches IMO. Some people prefer them over the Coles. There are a few DM4's with those in them when searching. Oops - wrong tweeter.
  11. sregor

F12 Key in Windows 10 and 11.

worked for me - Windows 10 and Edge. Soon as I put developer in the search box, the switches came up.
  12. sregor

Problem solved - a custom battery for Sanyo Plus T-55 Tuner

+1 on cut the shrink off and see what's in there. Schematic says 3.6 volt NiCd. Length is about the same as 3 "N" size batteries. There are NiMH n size type batteries with about the same voltage as NiCd cells around. Quick search came up with this...
  13. sregor

Potpourri Of The Interesting Stuff

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondegreen Mis-hearing of lyrics - like "lucy in disguise" Search of AK got 32 hits.
  14. sregor

Pyle PP999 phono stage

Going back to the original schematic, with the input coupling cap. Changing the second resistor (R8 and R10) to 510K (or 470K) will lower the low frequency cutoff by a factor of 10 - a smaller film cap will give the same or better low frequency limit. C2 and C4 could be 1uF or even 0.47 uF, and...
  15. sregor

Test Equipment Sub-Forum

For lower level signal tracing, try a .01 cap into the mic inputs on an old cassette recorder. Bypass the record interlock or put a blank cassette in it, press play and pause - gives you a meter and a level controller for it. (Unless it's an Advent without mic input)
  16. sregor

Luxman 71/3R or FQ 900 - Looking for some switches and knobs

BIC imported those to the US in the early 70's. You'll get more hits if you use "BIC LUX" instead of Luxman...Sold at Pacific Stereo and probably other places too.
  17. sregor

Should the twice yearly time change be abolished?

I am presuming the scientist would know what time the sun sets. My problem is how the time changes change anything for him .
  18. sregor

I have a slight disconnect. Since when do field scientists punch a clock. Why would the time matter to someone working with nature. And where is this extra hour coming from.
  19. sregor

TEAC P-919 tangential direct drive

Total guess, but many straight line tables of that era use a photocell to keep it tangential, and problem could be dirt or dust. The assembly is probably built into the base of the tonearm.
  20. sregor

AU-517 Relay Clicks Too Fast

Did you change/test C604? Open will give you quick on...
  21. sregor

L / R power balance questions

Gain is controlled by the feedback resistors, so matching the differential pair won't make any difference. .4 volts out of 10 is 4 percent and within spec for 5 percent resistors, but usually it is closer. Assuming input voltages ate balanced, you should be able to pick resistors which will get...
  22. sregor

Don't forget they have to change their time tables when the time changes occur anyway.
  23. sregor

Agree about kid safety, but school start times could be changed. My 2 cents
  24. sregor

Is your unobtainium power switch worth $5 and an hour or so of your time?

If it's not a misprint, you need to cut at the red mark. Else looks ok from here...
Back
Top Bottom