Search results

1. A

FX Audio 6j1 tube preamp - a $31 wonder

for some more info check my posts starting on #335 both boards are the same except for the internal power supply that goes to the tubes ... color codes on the resistors are the same and brown electrolytic caps are rated for 50vdc, higher than the fx version ... the heaters are directly powered...
  2. A

thx for the wisdom pio!
  3. A

looks like the ferrite is on both. on the fx it is on the bottom of the main board & on the dilvpoetry it is located on the top of the main board under the tube power supply board
  4. A

i for one am not surprised at the number of "brands" that use the same circuit board, but what is surprising, to me at least, are that there are "significant" different tube power supply boards and the fx has what appears to be a ferrite on the bottom of the circuit board, & the dilvpoetry does...
  5. A

12vdc same as the fx-1
  6. A

looked at the colors on the resistors & it appears that they're the same in both the fx-1 & divpoetry ... i was expecting differences especially since the tube voltages are significantly different
  7. A

my dilvpoverty has, not that it matters, grey not blue film caps, but it looks like mine i wonder what effect of running the 6j1 at a higher voltage makes?
  8. A

dadbeh, the power supply circuit board on top of the main board says & i measured it as well
  9. IMG_20190119_172234936

IMG_20190119_172234936

10. A

found a dilvpoetry pre-amp that uses the same board as the fx-audio the main difference is that instead of +/- 30 volts to the tubes, it has a different internal power supply that is +/- 45 volts i tried to create an album so that i could show some pics, but was unsuccessful some of the...
  11. dilvpoetry & fx-audio pre

dilvpoetry & fx-audio pre

comparisons of the 2
  12. A

the consensus is that a linear power supply is the way to go, but what about the internal power supply that supplies the voltage to the tubes? has anyone tried removing that & replacing it with a linear one? obviously. the linear power supplies will cost way more than the pre amp, but maybe...
  13. A

according to my kill a watt 4w just plugged not playing, so it uses the same power as a night light ... an insignificant amount i don't know how long the stock tubes will last, but one of the recommended tubes are the military jan 5654w should last thousands of hours or more in standby and the...
  14. A

pio, i can't answer if 15v would be too much for the pre to handle, but i'd measure the power supply voltage before i'd try it if i was feeling adventurous the pre is really inexpensive so maybe the heaters would burn up? if you have some extra tubes, or the original inexpensive tubes & you...
  15. A

pio, can you please post a link?
  16. A

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

has anyone come across a schematic for the fx audio tube pre? i've googled & apparently my google fu isn't a black belt :-)
  17. A

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

canton, you specifically said "PG sounds like someone is just trying to sell something"
  18. A

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

what evidence do you have canton? i do not believe that pg has anything but good intentions
  19. A

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

i switched these switches & they didn't make any difference :-( the gain is supposed to be 6db between the 2 positions & there is no difference in volume which is extremely disappointing
  20. A

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

received my volt+ d xmas eve day :-) unfortunately, 1 channel is way lower in volume than the other :-( i posted in their computer audio forum for help, but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to check? i did switch input cables, mp3 players & even streamed over wifi with no...
  21. A

amplifier choices for Doge 8

subtlebeast, no haven't heard the doge 9 ... i'm extremely satisfied with the 8 pre and will play around with tube rolling ... if i was to do it again, i'd get the upgraded psvanes hopefully someone else can chime in on the doge 9 ... but if its anything like the 8 :-) found this "review" in...
  22. A

amplifier choices for Doge 8

the doge 8 lp is an excellent pre ... i have one ... best bang for the buck of any pre out there ... some say it beats preamps in the $5k range ... i got stock tubes but have upgraded the 12at7 tubes already ... not using a turntable at this time but will upgrade the 12ax7 tubes later ... for...
Back
Top Bottom