Search results

1. Fasterdamnit

Another Super High End Phono Stage! No expense spared...

8 years. You guys are amazing!!
  2. Fasterdamnit

Thanks to everyone that has made this little pre amp such a hit. http://www.psaudio.com/article/39395/
  3. Fasterdamnit

Burr Brown OPA2134. Still available and no adapters. Grainger- Thanks for all you do.
  4. Fasterdamnit

Any AVID speaker fans here?

Quality speakers. Like ADS. Heard some about a week ago. Very good tweeter. They used polyester film capacitors in the crossovers so they don't drift. Tweeters are fused so if one isn't working good chance it is just the fuse. 103 has good bass. Would love to find a pair and redo the crossovers...
  5. Fasterdamnit

B&W Matrix 801 Series 2 enter the lab and get the Van Alstine treatment

Crossover today with new inductors, metallized teflon bypass caps and mills wirewound resistors. The inductor upgrade was remarkable. My 75WPC Allens can drive the big B&W's with serious authority. :beerchug:
  6. Fasterdamnit

ADS 710 - Restoration

I wasn't talking about the electrolytic cap.
  7. Fasterdamnit

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Morrison Hotel OBI
  8. Fasterdamnit

Wow! 3 years later and we are approaching 2,000 posts for what started as a bread-boarded phono pre. Well done, gents! :thmbsp:
  9. Fasterdamnit

Did Sony make any good '70s-'80s speaker?

Google translation of Japanese web page: "What is required of speakers but that the piston-like motion, vibration plate vibrates exactly signal as the entire band that was responsible to the one you raised. It is a flat diaphragm is SONY has had arrived to pursue this.  The APM speakers...
  10. Fasterdamnit

Did Sony make any good '70s-'80s speaker?

1984 APM-22ES Accurate Pistonic Motion. Square woofer and film tweeter. After a recap mine sound VERY good, especially with a Magnavox tube amp. Rubber surround so no rot like the bigger APM versions. http://www.thevintageknob.org/sony-APM-22ES.html
  11. Fasterdamnit

B&W 801 Matrix S2 APOC

Outstanding, Brad! Almost as good as putting in a purple cam, eh? :rockon:
  12. Fasterdamnit

Question about a resistor in Magnavox amp?

You bet. I have the modified 9300 series schematic if you would like it.
  13. Fasterdamnit

Question about a resistor in Magnavox amp?

That's R112 and R212. They are in the left and right feedback circuits. Increasing the the resistance will decrease feedback which will increase gain. It will also increase distortion some, more as you approach full power output. Easy swap. Try higher resistance and see if you like it.
  14. Fasterdamnit

What TT is this?

Now name the cart! :thmbsp:
  15. Fasterdamnit

What TT is this?

Or better yet, JA Michell Hydraulic Reference
  16. Fasterdamnit

What TT is this?

JA Michell Gyro? http://www.needledoctor.com/JA-Michell-Gyro-SE-Turntable
  17. Fasterdamnit

MODS on DYNACO SCA-35..PICS!!

Love lake Marconi! :rockon:
  18. Fasterdamnit

fisher speakers wbat are they

Second.
  19. Fasterdamnit

ADS 710 - Restoration

Lovely work. Replace the computer, polyester caps. Dayton or equivalent metalized polypropylene. The stock caps are certainly still in spec but modern manufactured ones are worth the investment. My 710's improved nicely with the Daytons.
  20. Fasterdamnit

Line Array speaker ID needed

That's what I was thinking. Is there a bass cabinet?
  21. Fasterdamnit

Another Magnavox tube amp rig brings joy with thanks to Grainger49 and BigBill

Thanks, CD. Once I saw how my friend got lost in the music at Grainger's, I knew I had to put together something he could enjoy at home. He has a neighbor that has listened to vinyl for many years and that neighbor came over and said he had never heard vinyl sound so real. :rockon:
  22. Fasterdamnit

Magnavox 8802 upgrade suggestions?

About $60 each.
  23. Fasterdamnit

I bought a new tube amp!

I think the chassis beside the main one is a phono preamp. The tuner circuitry should all be attached to the tuner frame (directly under the knobs and tuner scale.) Edit: On closer inspection I see tuning caps. Think it is part of the tuner and might have the phono eq circuit in it as well.
Back
Top Bottom