Search results

1. joeinid

McIntosh C12000 Preamplifier

I'd be curious to find out if the vacuum tubes are lit up when using only the solid state output of the preamp?
  2. joeinid

McIntosh MA12000 Integrated Amplifier Review

I apologize for going way off topic. Hope I haven’t offended anyone.
  3. joeinid

I personally would absolutely jump on the MC901 (if I could) because of the versatility and technology. From what I understand, the 901’s are a combination of 2301s and 601s on one chassis. I have not heard them yet but if that’s true, holy cow. If I were a little stronger, the original 1.2s...
  4. joeinid

I’ve always been streaming, either from all the major services or stored hires files. Those who are predominately vinyl will love the 1.25 or similar sounding newer McIntosh amps. I had SF Strads at the time with Bricasti and Lampizator dacs. My plans for vinyl might eventually happen. Vinyl...
  5. joeinid

Actually he decided to keep the 303. I’m not too upset because I was having nightmares thinking about getting it back home anyway. After looking through some recent posts, I’m more interested in the MC830 right now, they are a little easier to manage weight wise and probably sound just as good...
  6. joeinid

Thank you so much for the video.
  7. joeinid

New words? Funny
  8. joeinid

https://www.stereo.net.au/reviews/mcintosh-ma12000-integrated-amplifier-review
  9. joeinid

ATTENTION ALL

Very sad news. Rest In Peace Roger. Thank you for sharing.
  10. joeinid

Would you consider direct coupled McIntosh amps better for ported speakers?

I have a pair of C7 40th anniversary and am thinking about the 40.3XD. My gut tells me that either will be awesome and I’ve always loved the MC303. I’m hoping to pick it up in a week or two.
  11. joeinid

A friend in need.

Awesome story and well done with all the upgrades. I'd have no clue how to do what you did but I'm happy you were able to help him and his system!
  12. joeinid

Thank you gentlemen. I appreciate your responses.
  13. joeinid

Thank you so much for your reply. I’m getting back my MC303 from my brother in a few weeks. Looking forward to hearing that combo. The MC303 always reminded me, sound-wise, of the MC1.2KW amps. I’m intrigued by the MC312 and MC830’s..
  14. joeinid

Thoughts on pairing Harbeth with McIntosh?
  15. joeinid

Pulled the trigger last night on a C2600, new in unopened box .

Congratulations! The unit will have to come out to change the tubes. Don't worry, you can get 8K to 10K hours on a set of tubes. And try and leave at least several to 4 or more inches of clearance on top. Check the manual.
  16. joeinid

Tracking Number

1,000 of times. :crazy:
  17. joeinid

Mcintosh MC901

18. joeinid

Mcintosh MC901

Holy cow! Don’t tell me that McIntosh is not innovating. This is brilliant. Of course it’s not cheap but trickledown technology might offer a less expensive solution in the future. I can’t count the number of discussions and questions I’ve seen about either biamping or mixing tubes and solid...
  19. joeinid

MA352

20. joeinid

MA352

I like it too. Don’t worry, not everyone is smart enough :whip:to realize they like it too. It’ll take them a little while. Keep up the great work! :hug:
  21. joeinid

MA352

My brother has the MA252 and could not be any happier. I love the looks of this new MA352 and with a little more additional power would drive any speaker I’d consider. I’m afraid that I might have trouble staying away. Nice job McIntosh. Best of luck with this one.
  22. joeinid

Lesson Learned -- MA5200

Glad you are happy with your system. Sometimes we make a move too quickly and realize it was a mistake. At least not this time for you. Enjoy. Yes! Audio Classics is awesome. Always great service.
  23. joeinid

McIntosh + Roon tested hardware - awesome!

https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/brand/news/Roon-tested
  24. joeinid

MA 252....very cool....but questions..

Re: the August purchase and now selling - I've sold name brand/model amps after a month. It's not relevant in the grand scheme of things. If you can do a demo, all the better and listen for yourself. Re: the hum on the one amp. His electricity and mine are a lot alike. We both have some DC on...
Back
Top Bottom