Search results

1. simplynuts

Happy Birthday simplynuts !

Thank you for the birthday wishes. Haven't been on in a while.
  2. simplynuts

emi model 630

I have a pair of these in pretty good shape except for some corner separation. I notice if they sit around not being used, they take time to warm up and sound really good. Any fans of these? Has the single oval woofer with the tweeter mounted on top. Green writing on the magnet and the cone is...
  3. simplynuts

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

where is this recycle center? My state won't allow us to take stuff. Especially if they see us doing it.
  4. simplynuts

Commercials You Hate

All the insurance ads, ask your doctor about these meds, ads with cars driven by professionals.
  5. simplynuts

Dynaco A25

The a50 has a double woofer, bigger cabinet so better bass than the a25. No matter what genre music you play, it handles all of them well and I feel uncolored. The dynacos are known to maintain 7 ohm impedance from the 20 to 20k audio range. They don't strain an amplifier and work well with low...
  6. simplynuts

What were your first set of headphones, and let's hear the story behind them.

Bought a pair of these from a store called crazy eddie in the 70's. Talked them down to $50. Still have them and still sound good.
  7. simplynuts

Martin Logan unison

I tried to use these with my echo dot, but it doesn't work. Anyone get them to work with alexa? Works on ipad and windows. does sound good. Probably going to return them.
  8. simplynuts

Martin Logan unison

My son bought me and my wife two of these to replace the blu tooth receivers I use with echos to stream music to two stereo systems. Anyone have these? Is it an improvement over what I am using now? Not sure the best wynto hook these up. They were on sale for $100 each.
  9. simplynuts

Wife wants old speakers gone! What to do?

keep the speakers. Choice is obvious.
  10. simplynuts

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

not while I am backing out of my driveway or the don't walk sign is lit.
  11. simplynuts

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

People not knowing to turn off high beams when they see a car coming towards them. The more expensive the car, the less the use of a turn signal. Walking through a crosswalk slowly while looking at a cell phone, oblivious to the car about to hit them.
  12. simplynuts

KLH Six circa 1968 Restoration w/Pics!

Nice job Glen! I have a few speakers including my Dynaco a50 that could use your repair technique. Where do you buy veneer? Used to be a place in the Bronx NY that sold veneers.
  13. simplynuts

I have a pair of 23 as well as the klh six. Haven't touched those yet. Wonder which sounds better?
  14. simplynuts

I have the older model of the klh six and did a thread of how I got the baffle out of the cabinet. Saved the grill cloths, and the cabinets only had scratches on the veneer. Knocked the epoxy assembly into the cabinet. I used a long piece of wood through the crossover opening and using a hammer...
  15. simplynuts

niles si2100

Right channel making motor boat hissing noise and not affected by control setting., left channel good. Sometimes goes into protection mode. Bridging both channels is fine. Anyone have schematics, and/or suggestions to check? I am wondering if I can swap the two plug in board to localize issue...
  16. simplynuts

Sony Str da-5es

Thank you for reply. Which board did you have the issue with and how hard is it to get to the traces on it? Seems to be in the preamp stage since headphone output lost channel too.
  17. simplynuts

niles si-2100 noise both channels

I have this unit which is very noisy in both channels, but sound plays. Where to check? Bad cap, power supply etc? Thank you.
  18. simplynuts

Source Technologies 277 Speakers: Opinions/Comments

I picked up an old pair of speakers marked source technologies. shiny piano black cabinet with sloped body, two 4 1/2 drivers, 1 inch tweeter, tweeter control in the back. Unfortunately the gold label in the back had the model number rubbed off. Can't find any infoe on these, but sound amazing...
  19. simplynuts

Sony STR-DA5ES intermittent crackle

I had a noise on the right channel and then it went out. possible solder connection on one channel preamp?
  20. simplynuts

Sony Str da-5es

Right channel made some noises then went out. Any suggestions where to look? Protection fuse etc. Haven't checked preamp levels to see if signal there. Thank you. update, plugged in headphones and right channel is out there too. Pulled bottom panel off to look for bad solder joints, but none...
  21. simplynuts

Dynaco A25

I found it. I own the a50 and a25. Love both, but a50 much better. a25 sitting unused. As soon as I can figure out how to scan and post will do it. I think they are photocopies. Might have original somewhere, but probably doesn't matter.
  22. simplynuts

Dynaco A25

I might have this. Will check. Know it is an old thread
  23. simplynuts

Best place to sell gear?

My wife has been bugging me to sell some audio stuff not being used. (Others can relate)It looks like a storage room with equipment in the basement and garage. My question is it better to become a memeber and sell to local audiokarma members, sell at the garage sale, marketplace. I won't use...
  24. simplynuts

catalytic theft prevention.

Has anyone installed a guard on their prius or other car to prevent theft?
  25. simplynuts

What Do You Like for Breakfast

cappucino (made with my free automatic expresso machine found on the curb), , cold cereal or scrambled eggs.
Back
Top Bottom