Search results

1. highend64

Using Subwoofers or Large Woofers with Stand Mount Speakers for improved lower frequencies

Yes, a single sub for my floorstanders crossed over at 70hz both high pass and low pass.
  2. highend64

Looking for guidance regarding choosing miniDSP unit

Tomlinmgt, I dont understand what you are trying to accomplish but have you ever try a dbx driverack PA2? Even though this a pro audio equipment, this might be an option for you if you are only trying to do adjustments for the subs and has an app to do any adjustments with a phone or tablet.
  3. highend64

How can I best reduce room reflections?

If you are familiar with mesaurements, I would suggest using a waterfall plot. It would help better understand what is going on with room standing waves at a particular position. How did you take your measurements?
  4. highend64

Back to bookshelf. What do you recommend?

Hi all. I am deciding to go back to bookshelf speakers but still wanting the same tonal, balance sound as the Vandersteen 2ci. I currrently using an Adcom GFA5500 and a Rotel RC-995 running off a Thinkpad through a Focusrite 2i2. Honestly, there is nothing wrong with the 2ci which I am planning...
  5. highend64

Reminder/PSA: Be sure to set sub phase correctly if you have 1 or more subs in your 2-channel system

The way I adjust phase is using a software I have available call Smaart. Pretty much is a realtime analyzing tool which is a pretty penny but well worth it. It sure a learning process to use.
  6. highend64

Another sub change, REL Q201E

Spark1, where did you have them high passed? I currently have them high passed at 70hz and it worked perfectly fine in a smaller room.
  7. highend64

Another sub change, REL Q201E

I am in the process of purchasing a REL Q201E to replace my HSU STF-2 that would be integrate with the Vandersteen 2ci. I know the REL is much older model then the HSU and that this is a sealed model. What are you thought on this sub? Thanks
  8. highend64

Is using a HPF for Vandersteen 2ci a good idea?

Sorry to bring the old thread back I have starting to use an inline filter again and I think I am going to leave it in place since it made the upper midbass sound better. I really had a boxy sound due to the room from the bass couplers of the Vandys. With the filter in place, I am attenuating...
  9. highend64

What headphone amp are you using currently?

Using for late night listening.
  10. highend64

Request: Pics of your clean living room Hifi setup!

Not a living room system but I enjoy the escape.
  11. highend64

Artsy photos of your gear

12. highend64

Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

Do you have the HPF engaged on the mic?
  13. highend64

That sounds great audiofreak71! Good job on the Rode mic. I wish I can get an external mic for my recording for my phone.
  14. highend64

Class H design and it sound

Thanks for the info. BTW, I do have a Crown I tech 6000 amp and it is great. Obviously not used in my system.
  15. highend64

Class H design and it sound

I have been reading alot about oprating class of amplifiers lately. Currently I have an Adcom GFA-5500 but I am in the verge of trying out the Emotiva RPA-1 amplifier. I have read that this amp is ran Class H and that is is dual mono design. Anyone has experience with Class H and how does it sound?
  16. highend64

Emotiva RPA-1

Also, I have read somewhere where the rpa-1 is ran in Class H and that it is a dual mono design. Is this true?
  17. highend64

Emotiva RPA-1

There is a seller near me with a Emotiva RPA-1 amplifier that I am interested in trying out. How is does compare to my Adcom GFA-5500?
  18. highend64

Pics of your listening space

Nice system! That first pic makes it look like is further out than what is. Nice illusion
  19. highend64

Picture from your listening spot right now!

Nice! How do you like the PSB Stratus Gold?
  20. highend64

I can hear the difference! You can say the one with the sub on give a more "fuller" sound to it.
  21. highend64

The sub does go pretty low but the track I would assume low 40's.
  22. highend64

Very nice sounding! Also I can heard you breathing in the beginning of the music lol.
  23. highend64

Here is another video of the same track but with the sub on.
  24. highend64

Revisiting Vandersteen...can 3a Signatures hold my interest after Altec 19, Klipsch CF-4, Infinity QLS-1,etc???

I'm glad you are enjoying your 3a sig. I personally have not heard the 3a but I have the 2ci and they are a great sounding speakers. I can only imagine how your 3a sound in that room. They do have a comfortable sound to it which can be listened for hours without fatigue. The 2ci are tricky for...
Back
Top Bottom