Search results

1. Copa1934

Realistic Nova 8b Rebuild & Crossover Re-Design

1 is ok, space permitting, but 6 tends to be the more common, especially with confined designs.
  2. Copa1934

Agree, alternating inductors helps reduce field activity
  3. Copa1934

Anyone catch the Marantz in the "Blacklist"?

Model 4300. Helps having a large 4K screen
  4. Copa1934

Was the HPM-100 the GREATEST speaker Pioneer ever produced?

I don't know that I mentioned, I acquired yet another pair off HPM-100 200w. Rescues from a house fire. Blackened cabinets, super tweeters melted. One Mid not working. Woofers smoke damaged. I've replaced the bad drivers and that's as far as I got. Someday I'll commit some time to these. $125.
  5. Copa1934

OK, I'm sorry, but drivers DON'T work that way. The plus and minus on speaker terminals (where you connect your wires) is merely to keep the matched speaker in polarity. Note, capacitors in speakers are NON polarized. So this logic about "pushing" and "sucking" are NOT applicable. Changing the...
  6. Copa1934

You should check my post on the DSS9's I acquired. I know the graphite all too well. ;-)
  7. Copa1934

Realistic Optimus T–110

8. Copa1934

Realistic Optimus T–110

I spotted these on marketplace along with another pair and they were priced about the same but the one pair was missing the passive radiator. I had contacted both sellers to ask a little bit more and also ask for images and left it at that, and I kept an eye on them. Later both of them were...
  9. Copa1934

LOL, times have changed. Since my posting my response I picked up a pair of DSS-9 speakers. Not only do these blow away any HPM I've listened to, I still own them. One of only TWO pairs of speakers that remain in my stable, and people who know my posts know I've had a variety. Not as vast, of...
  10. Copa1934

Realistic t-200

I believe the T-200 used 16-ohm woofers
  11. Copa1934

Mach One 4024, 4024A, 4029 Information and Upgrades!

Just did an A/B, Mach One SW-14 vs PRV-D270PH-s, both loose and no crossover or caps. Wow. Startling difference. PRV clearly the winner. More volume, goes deeper, vocals more clear and present, wow. Worth the time and effort. Can't wait to install in cabinets, if I ever find any. Definitely...
  12. Copa1934

Realistic Mach One Speaker Crossover Rebuild

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/mach-one-4024-4024a-4029-information-and-upgrades.261425/
  13. Copa1934

Mach One 's is the following quote factual?

Old thread, yes, but this new site format presents "similar threads" (which I like) and people are bound to check out this thread. I worked for RS and owned MANY Mach One speakers. Look me up for my posts regarding this speaker. First, the rarest is the 4024 which was only offered in it's...
  14. Copa1934

I certainly can NOT disagree. I have some experience with Altec A7 speakers and two horns were offered for that speaker, the 511 and 811. The 811 was 8"x18" (roughly) and crossed over at 800Hz and the 511 was 10"x 23" and crossed over at 500Hz. The Mach One is only 5" x 16". You could say size...
  15. Copa1934

I have an announcement. We have not had any notable mods since VL, but we've had much inspiration, input, debate and more. I'm hoping that what I present tonight is the next phase in the saga of the Mach One improvements. For years I deliberated a replacement driver for the Midrange. To some...
  16. Copa1934

I don't recall if this was actually touched on, but I guess there is a chance you could damage the mids opening the mid portion of the cabinet. However, that is ONLY likely if there isn't a good solid seal from the driver mating surface and the other seams in the horn. Still, not likely since...
  17. Copa1934

Yes. Keep in mind that the bass boost will be noticeable at lower volumes too, which is a plus when listening at those lower volumes. I'm not suggesting this WILL be a negative for your neighbors as we're not talking earth shaking improvements at lower volumes, just more pleasant to listen to...
  18. Copa1934

OK, word of advice, the woofer coating is VERY critical. Most people focus on the "sound" quality, but few note the mechanical issues. The pattern, specifically the inner raised circle becomes a "weak point" where there is flex. I was astonished at how bad one of my woofers (earlier project)...
  19. Copa1934

I only used one per. Due to the size I bought I had to trim to match the curvature of the dome, otherwise it might have rubbed. Minor alteration. Not all are manufactured exactly the same so you'll have to judge when you get to that stage. They should be smaller than the VC gap, however, because...
  20. Copa1934

The only thing you will glue down is the felt or seal and ONLY if they are not self stick. Only one side requires adhesive, if that makes sense. Go easy on the back cover. I replaced the wood screws with threaded inserts (in the particle board) and machine screws. This allowed for...
  21. Copa1934

Mach one, Nova 8B, Optimus? Which is best

I'd have to have all the respective towers at the same time to eval. Had 200's (non functional at the time), 100's and restored 120's. Best recollection, as it's been years, the 120's had a slight edge. In-store, the 200's and 300's were close, but seem to recall I liked the 300's better. And if...
  22. Copa1934

Isolation. Stands are great for best "listening position", however they do not "uncouple" the physical part of the relationship. This is why people use spikes or similar devices to de-couple the speaker from the floor, bookshelf, or whatever the speaker rests on/in. However, that will only take...
  23. Copa1934

Bose 1801

Got her Sunday. Looks good. Unfortunately I can't do anything with her at the moment as I'm dealing with a pinched sciatic nerve, and this bugger is heavy. Looking forward to more info in this post. Thank you all for your input. Can't wait to get running and hooked up to my 901 II Continentals...
  24. Copa1934

Help identifying Speakerlabs speakers

I've done all the googling I care to at this point. These appear to be rather unique based on different search criteria. First, they are tower speakers. 10-1/2" sq and 31" tall Second, grill cloth surround the entire speaker. Have not figured out how to remove the grill yet, looks to be a...
  25. Copa1934

Bose 1801

Thank you!! Just waiting to hear back. Will start a post after I get it and test it out.
Back
Top Bottom