Search results

1. dan-c

The Klipsch Cornwall - The first Klipsch I actually like.

When you are actively looking for a set, and you find the ones you like, don’t quibble over a hundred or two. I did and it took another couple of years to find a nice pair. Also, consider tubes, an austere EL34 based is plenty.
  2. dan-c

Frenzel SS 4472 Owners Thread

I saw that. If I knew how to measure that, I’d like to test it. Something involving an oscilloscope?
  3. dan-c

Frenzel SS 4472 Owners Thread

I think I could be the only owner? :idea: I like mine. Got the KT88 option and upgraded transformers and some other things I don’t know what they do haha. Sounds good! Frenzel SS4472 Denon DP60L deck Denon DL301II LOMC Denon AU320 SUT Emotiva XDA2 DAC Yamaha YBA11 BT Old Sony 300 changer...
  4. dan-c

Dac to TV

Weird timer on your Samsung
  5. dan-c

Emotiva BasX PT2... Anyone?

Emotiva gear is solid.
  6. dan-c

Worst Stereo You've Ever Owned?

First stereo I bought was an Electrophonic with a crappy Garrard changer and ceramic cart. Terrible sound and groove duller I loved it.
  7. dan-c

Denon Dl-301II and 103

I think the 301 II needs the Denon AU320. Synergy and stuff :dunno:
  8. dan-c

SL-1700 mk2 shipping damage :(

I lost a nice JVC QL-A7 to poor packaging a couple years ago. Owned by Barry Bostwick.
  9. dan-c

New Cornwall Clone Build

Wow, how do you like them since your ears have become accustomed? Beautiful work!
  10. dan-c

A Year of Cornwalls

Thank you kind sir
  11. dan-c

A Year of Cornwalls

And I’d like to hear the L250s!
  12. dan-c

A Year of Cornwalls

They can be but I find it more source driven, you know?
  13. dan-c

Help identify speakers

They have an RtR vibe
  14. dan-c

A Year of Cornwalls

I always wondered what the 107s sound like.
  15. dan-c

Let’s see those table lamps - vintage or modern

My newest arrangement of my atomic lamps and some other things.
  16. dan-c

Vintage jumbo Jensen speaker? ID or information request please

I haven’t had them hooked up in years, they’re stored in a closet in the house. From 2015 or so. In this pic I was using a Garrard Zero-100 through a Tandberg 3006 preamp and a little EL84 6 - 8 watts. I bought it from Jiminy Cricket on here I think. Sorry for the poor pic but you get the idea.
  17. dan-c

Vintage jumbo Jensen speaker? ID or information request please

I have a nice pair of these
  18. dan-c

Has anyone found a pair of speakers and said "I'm done"?

My Cornwall I’s do it for me…now. Started collecting some things over 10 years ago starting with Technics SB 7000, Norman Model 9, some old Jensen SS 100, DBX SF1A, some Maggie 1.4 that were rebuilt and now the Cornwalls. I think a lot has to do with the source of course and even Spotify through...
  19. dan-c

A Year of Cornwalls

To my ears, they’re incredible. They never fail to immerse me and at time take my breath. Very detailed, and accurate and not fatiguing. I can listen for hours now. I fuggin love hearing the kick drum now. The subs are low powered Dayton 15” from PE, not great but they do move some air. They...
  20. dan-c

A Year of Cornwalls

I finally found these Cornies a year or so ago, I always seemed to miss out on Klipsch over the years collecting different speakers and amps. They’re accurate, and efficient, I’ve never felt so involved (enveloped?) with music. I don’t think could get much better without a significant...
  21. dan-c

Picture from your listening spot right now!

Just hanging around drinking co’beer
  22. dan-c

DBX Soundfield 10 - Equaliser seems to attenuate signal greatly

I think I have posted on here for the SFC1 somewhere. Brb
  23. dan-c

Carver Amazing’s

So now it’s up to me. I’ve wanted a pair for years. Yes the Maggies don’t play that loud, but they reproduce pretty dang well. They are happy about 95dB @ 6’
  24. dan-c

Carver Amazing’s

Thank you, some of what I’ve read here the components are made from unobtainium. Guess I’ll pass. Hmm. There is a pair of modded Polk SDA 1As close...
  25. dan-c

Carver Amazing’s

Thank you for answering so quickly! They are supposed to be pristine. Do the Amazing ribbons fail catastrophically or are they good as long as they aren’t overdriven?
Back
Top Bottom