Search results

1. CohibaJoe

ELEKIT TU-8850SE SET AMP

So, I ordered last month from Victor a ELEKIT TU-8550SE SET Amp (New Amp). Will be using KT170's for the Power Output and I have ordered a few Upgrades: Transformers: Lundahl LL3727/90ma Resistors: Audio Note Niobium Non-Magnetic Resistors (audio path), Amtrans AMRG Films: Duelund CAST-PIO-Cu...
  2. CohibaJoe

SUNVALLEY SV-S1616D and SV-Pre1616D

With the 2 Willsenton R300 going strong and having FUN upgrading/learning, I contacted Victor Kung (NA distributor Sunvalley/ELEKIT) about purchasing the Sunvalley SV-S1616D 300B Amp and SV-Pre1616D Pre-Amp. Since I have Sunvalley EQ1616D Phono Amp "Class A" I decided on 300B Amp and Pre-Amp...
  3. CohibaJoe

Willsenton R300B SE Integrated Amp #2

Too much of my surprise this 300B Amp is sounding very nice, warm and with a large soundstage. We have another one to be Upgraded and to see if we can improve-upon the sound. Parts have been ordered (hificollective) so the waiting is on. Capacitor: Audio Note Standard, Mundorf MLytic HV...
  4. CohibaJoe

Luxman CL35 MKIII Recap

After several years on waiting for a very clean Luxman CL35 MKIII, one did pop-up on FleeBay(last week) for a price I could not refuse. Going over the unit I have put together a part's list and noticed someone did show lots of love to a Very Clean unit. I will be hooking the Pre-Amp to M-4000...
  5. CohibaJoe

Willsenton R300B SE Integrated Amp

I have been reevaluating my gear and will be adding "2" 300B units into my rotation. I have been watching and reading about the Willsenton R300B Amp and have purchased this 12/30/22. Unit has shipped with ETA 1/10/23. All in at $1281 and compiling a parts list to upgrade the Films, Resistors...
  6. CohibaJoe

ELEKIT TU-8550 Pre-Amplifier build

I received 2 weeks ago a DIY kit ELEKIT TU-8550 Pre-Amp that was released this month from Victor Kung at VK Music. Will be starting this week and I will be upgrading the following parts: Flims: Arizona Capacitors Blue Cactus or Mundorf Supreme Silver/Oil and Auricap XO Resistors: Precision...
  7. CohibaJoe

GR-Research NX-Studio DIY Kit

After rebuilding the Vandersteen: Model 2Ce...I had purchased the NX-Studio kit in June 2021 with the Flat Pack in Dec 2020. So why the wait to post? Other projects and just lazy :rolleyes:. I was looking for a Studio DIY kit and with all the controversy with Danny at GR-Research I said let's...
  8. CohibaJoe

Orsefon C22 (McIntosh C-22 circuit copy)

So here we are again:naughty: now with a Clone/Copy Mac C22 circuit...Orsefon C22. This will be used with the Orsefon MC275 Amp that's been sounding really good. Will burn in (200hrs) with Luxman M-4000 and a Tube swap at 100hrs. Still deciding on a Tube set and will be using the included...
  9. CohibaJoe

McIntosh MC275 MK VI Clone

What do you do with a slush fund >4K...Buy a McIntosh MC275 IV Clone. Was on AliExpress last month on picking up some PCB boards, switches(testing) and came across Clones of well know gear. After IM'ing on details, I purchased Orsefon MC275 (McIntosh MC275 clone). Going over the pictures and...
  10. CohibaJoe

tubes 4 hifi - SP14-V22 PreAmp & PH16-X Phono Amp

Was in the market for Tube Pre-Amp DIY or Assembled (Around $2k) and ordered from Roy (tubes 4 hifi) SP14-V22 assembled. Placed ordered 11/16/21 and delivered 11/27/21. The following upgrades requested. Resistors: Takman and PRP Films: Mundorf Silver-Oil Output 1 and K75-10 Output 2, B+ film...
  11. CohibaJoe

Luxman M-4000U Recap

A grail has been found!!!!! After Years of waiting for a "Price is Right" I had setup a alert on FleeBay and last week BINGO...Offered $750 and SOLD. I was following a M-4000 last month and was listed for $3000. Unit is working and the case looks good (will touch-up some spots) so let's get a...
  12. CohibaJoe

Let's listen to my Dirty Weekend

Welcome...:cool:....So let's go on this journey with Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekend Mk.II. I ordered in March 25, 2021 and received August 24, 2021. Finish is RUSTIC HICKORY with ClarityCap MR capacitor upgrade. I also ordered Ohmite 25ohm(8ohm impedance) and 10ohm(4ohm impedance) resistors...
  13. CohibaJoe

What do you think about Decware Mini Torii-III ?

I have been eying a few Tube Amps and leaning towards Decware Mini Torii-III with Anniversary Mods and VCap Copper Foil upgrade. Was going back and forth with Inspire Fire-Bottle by Dennis Had (Emailed Dennis on other builds) before I pull the switch. I am open to other's BUT...Point to Point...
  14. CohibaJoe

Sunvalley SV-EQ1616D DIY Build

Just got in SV-EQ1616D Phono EQ. Putting a upgraded parts list for order. This Phono EQ has made Stereophile Class A recommended components. https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/elekit/345254-eq1616d-phono-amp.html Parts Upgrade: Caps: Nichicon PW Resistors: Takman REX Carbon Films: Mundorf MCap...
  15. CohibaJoe

Sunvalley SV-Pre1616D DIY Build

I was watching a review of Herb Reichert (stereophile) his home setup. With all the gear he reviewed what caught my eye was a Sunvalley SV-EQ1616D Phono Amp that is Herb's main Phono Amp...then a Light Bulb came on to check this out. I headed over to https://www.vkmusic.ca/ Sunvalley...
  16. CohibaJoe

Raspberry Pi 4/B DAC/Streaming Journey

So I begin this journey searching for a Streaming platform. I'm currently using Chromecast Audio and BluDento devices. A trip to my local shop I was discussing moving up to Cambridge Audio Azur 851N or a Roon platform. After around 1hr going thru Azur 851N I was ask about trying out Raspberry...
  17. CohibaJoe

Luxman M-02 Recap

First Winter project for 2020...Picked up a Luxman M-02 on Fleebay last week. Since I have C-02 connected to Parasound 2125v2...Let's see how the M-02 will fare. Been looking for M-02 for years (missed out on a few) but lucked out on a fair bid ($350). Looking over the boards I do not see...
  18. CohibaJoe

McIntosh MAC 4100 Recap #3

As the 2nd 4100 Recap is going thru it's hours....I picked up on FleeBay last week another 4100. Front Glass gone, Bent 30 EQ switch and Front plate is a little bent. Lucky I have a 4100 parts unit to fix this :). So this rebuild will be getting a Recap and 95% Resistor replacement (Carbon...
  19. CohibaJoe

McIntosh MAC 4100 Recap

Was able to make a deal on FleeBay $850 shipped. Unit is in Excellent condition and all is working. Going thru a few thread on what relay and this one is using 24V (contacts are like New). Putting together a parts list on the following and more likely to be adding. Main Cap: Nichicon NR...
  20. CohibaJoe

Marantz 7T Restoration 2nd Unit

It's been a while since I posted a Recap...so now we have the time to start another Marantz 7T. Nice pickup on FleeBay due to world events. Ordered parts from Parts ConneXion to be shipped out Monday. This rebuild will be using the following: Caps: ELNA RFS Silmic II Films: Auricap XO Film...
  21. CohibaJoe

Pro-Ject Xtension 9 Evolution and Nagaoka MP-200

Just added a New turntable to the PrimaLuna...Pro-Ject Xtension 9 Evolution and Nagaoka MP-200. Using the intergraded Phono Stage and will switch to the Luxman LE-109 later. Need at least 50hrs on the cartridge then will update on the sound.
  22. CohibaJoe

Luxman C1010 Recap

Another Winter Project...Took 2 months to complete the deal..Just got in C1010 and T-110. The C1010 will be used with M-2000. Current Pre-Amp Luxman C-02. Going to Recap the C1010 as I have a T-110 used on L-100U. The 2nd T-110 will not be used at this time. I am going to use the T-310...
  23. CohibaJoe

Marantz 7T Restoration

I have been thinning the heard and saving the penny's for a new set of speakers (more on this later). I would like your thoughts on a Newly purchased Marantz 7T (which I will be getting next week). As much as I Love to Recap myself...I will be sending this out to Stephen Mantz (Zed Audio)...
  24. CohibaJoe

Vandersteen: Model 2Ce Upgrade and Refinish

Since I got the PrimaLuna....I have been demoing a few Speakers that work Very Well with Tube Gear. Focal, Monitor Audio and MartinLogan as to Dealers in my area. Looking to spend upto 5G's...My list in Order to my ears : Focal Aria 948, 936 Monitor Audio Gold 300 MartinLogan ElectroMotion...
  25. CohibaJoe

Annoying ad popping up here

Not sure who this is but I cannot click to Opt-Out. I have downloaded from the Microsoft Store "AdBlock". Nice....Removed:
Back
Top Bottom