Search results

1. P

Those silly Pioneer Speaker connectors

I used the Cinch Jones connector recently because you can't buy the originals from Pioneer anymore and I'm not paying 30 bucks on ebay for them. For just under 4 bucks each from Mouser you can solve the problem quite easily. Doesn't look bad either.
  2. P

A-71 vs A-757(and probably A-717)

Good info on the A-71. I never knew just how different that is compared to the A-717. They look so similar from photos, but side by comparisons really show just how massive the insides are to the A-71. That is one impressive integrated amp.
  3. P

The Pioneer "ELITE" Gear Thread!

Here's mine finally all in one man cave.... after the remodeled basement last year. Probably a bit excessive :)
  4. P

Where did they go?

I had a similar problem, not sure if its the same. Try checking at the bottom of the forum listings and see if the display options section on "from the" is set to "beginning" and not something like 2 weeks or 45 days. When I first browsed on one of my new laptops that setting somehow got...
  5. P

What Pioneer Component Do You Want The Most?

If I could, I'd love to add a PL-90 to my setup. I highly doubt I'll ever find one though.
  6. P

Report: Radio Audience Continues to Grow

Seems more and more stations in the Chicago market are slowly evolving to either Spanish music, or an English talk format. I read somewhere the other day that coincides with FauxHall's post about more Hispanic listeners are driving stations to Spanish formats. I think in chicago alone we have...
  7. P

SA-900 + TX-900 Restore *Pics*

I got a pair of those too. I like the look and sound of them, but mine aren't nearly as minty as yours. Mine show some age on the front panels, but still pretty decent for 40 year old gear. You really don't see to many posts about guys restoring these.
  8. P

Listened to "Dark Side of the Moon" for the first time

For me it was my Dad's LP, I still remember him when I was 6 playing that LP. About the age of 15 I got hooked on it, even without the Herbal Enhancements :) Fastforward 25 years, my Dad at 63 still has the CD in his truck, and I at 40, have collected various versions of the album. When I'm...
  9. P

Which was the last or largest capacity coupled output SX receiver?

The owners manual on my SX-1500TD shows 58W into an 8 ohm load. 180 Watts max. It always performed similar to a 60W rated reciever in my opinion. It really sounds great hooked up to some vintage AR's or KLH speakers I have. I wonder if the amp section is the same between the 2500 and the...
  10. P

40 years ago this week

40 years ago, i was 2 months old..... gosh how time has flown by.
  11. P

Hi from Northern Indiana

Welcome to AK. Were in Northern Indiana are you from? The company I work for is based in South Bend. I travel there quite a bit during the course of year.
  12. P

Oldest Reel 2 Reel Recording:

I still play quite a few old tapes. One in particular, an old Scoth 150 tape that my Dad recorded of Simon and Garfunkels, Sounds of Silence, is great. He recorded that one at 7-1/2" on a 4 track stereo deck from a new LP when it came out in 66'. It sounds so good I haven't been compeled to...
  13. P

Waaaaayyyy 80's sony receiver!

My uncle bought an entire Sony system with that 760 as the heart of the entire setup. The only thing that ever gave him problems was that first generation CD player. I believe the last time I went to his house he still had it setup and was using it. The times I played around with it in my...
  14. P

Pioneer Elite CT-93 Dolby S Deck

Not sure on a CT-93, but on a CT-91, CT-S800 the front door cover comes off pretty simple. 1. Open door 2. Gently slide front cover of Door up about 1/8 inch, and it'll just come off. (Gently,, as in a few ounces of force) On an cheaper model CT-S600 the cover is clipped on, and I found...
  15. P

DBX anyone?

I've added -10db/1khz tones to the begining of many of my recordings in the past. I then record what ever the level was on my tape boxes. I was wondering what tones and levels do the pros typically use at the begining of a recording to set the playback levels right in the future. - mike
  16. P

Found Some NOS TDK SA

The things we'll do for decent tapes.... a few years ago a fellow AK member and I got to talking about MA90's and how impossible they were to find. Come to find out he was stationed in the Marshall Islands, and the PX there had still had 25 brand new TDK MA90's for around $3/ea. This guy was...
  17. P

AKG 240 first Listen

The 240 series are nice Headphones. I've had a pair of 240M's since 91' and have been very pleased with their performance and durability all these years. Glad to see others think they're a good value.
  18. P

ct-f615 problem

I have one of those CT-F615's nice little deck. I had to replace the belts on it cause they had turned to goo. Was a fairly easy deck to work on. Chances are your belts are shot too.
  19. P

Been listening lower than usual

I too find myself listening a lower levels since I built my new speakers. I know my speakers aren't the most effiecient(87db/w I'm guessing), but the realism at modest levels seems to outweigh the desire for high SPL. Plus it keeps the wife happy late at night that she can't hear me listening...
  20. P

My "Elite" Odyssey

Lucky you.... :thmbsp: Thats heck of a way to get all that gear back, but I don't blame you to going to such great lengths. Someday I hope to stumble across a PL-90, it sure would round out my collection. :D
  21. P

For all you Cassette car stereo gearheads out there...

Na, i think a few have seen it. Old photos though, moved it all upstairs for now. Currently remodeling my basement into a dedicated listening room. Will start a new thread sometime about that little project. Thanks for checking it out :thmbsp:
  22. P

Teac A2300SX vs A4300SX

I have a A-4300SX and I like it more then my Pionner rt-701. The teac seems to have a smoother operating transport, plus its auto reverse. I think the teac transport is also simple in design yet built like a tank. They'll have to pry my teac outta my hands before I ever give it up.
  23. P

For all you Cassette car stereo gearheads out there...

I had and even older Alpine 7165 with Dolby B and C. Great decks over all. The only thing I ever really did to mine was adjust the azmith to match my home deck so playback was dead on to the recordings I made, and I replaced the belts after 3 years.
  24. P

Did you ever just give away a system ?

I gave my retired father my old faithful SX-650, a pair of Polk S-6's and some salvation army found Mitsubishi speakers I restored. Going on 3 years and he still uses it regularly. The SX-650 was with my mom prior to that for nearly 10 years. Amazing how well that reciever has worked...
Back
Top Bottom