Search results

1. Audio Fan

Always check out your speakers BEFORE handing over the money!

Saw this today. A list of folks who had a bad week.
  2. Audio Fan

How did we (I) miss this auction??!!! Holy Mackeral

https://www.estatesales.net/SC/Woodruff/29388/3395955 Cannot believe I missed this in my own back yard.
  3. Audio Fan

VinylEngine cannot re-register?

I haven't logged in to it for some time, so I needed to re-register. But, when I do, it says to log out of my VPN first. I am not using a VPN. So, I then tried through my cell phone hotspot, but then it says they don't allow T-Mobile because they were having some type of issue. Anyone have any...
  4. Audio Fan

One of our own, most of us know this sad story all too well...

An honest CL ad if ever there were one:
  5. Audio Fan

JVC VR-5445 - Cool looking little 4 CH receiver

I picked this up some time ago and never gave it a try, so tonight, I decided to plug it in and see if it was working. Fired up, but the left channel was weak, working the mode switch got it going for a bit. What I heard sounded pretty good and I was pleasantly surprised how well it was pulling...
  6. Audio Fan

Set of White Beveridge Model 2 for sale- VERY RARE

The "mythical" white Model 2. From the history I obtained, only 3 were ever made and one set is now on eBay. Will be curious where they end up and make the reserve price. https://www.ebay.com/itm/165615165343
  7. Audio Fan

Who is this Speaker Logo with "M" or "OCM"?

I recognize it, but for the life of me, I cannot place the name.
  8. Audio Fan

Anyone familiar with the Altec Lansing 1203a

Not finding much information out there on them. Anyone have knowledge/experience with them?
  9. Audio Fan

Own Johnny Cash's turntable.... for $1.8 million. House included.

Seems Johnny had his turntable built into the wall of his home. It can be yours!
  10. Audio Fan

Gave my Nephew a system for College Graduation

I put together a nice little Yamaha/Polk system for my nephew as a graduation present. Gave it to him a few weeks ago when I went to go visit family. Since then, he's been sending me texts asking if this or that is a good deal, etc.. I may have created a vintage monster. :biggrin: Yamaha CR-820...
  11. Audio Fan

Audio Fan's Showroom / Mancave / Collection / Whatever

Well, after many starts & stops over the years, I have FINALLY completed the audio room I've been talking about. For some of you that have seen my posts over the years, you probably thought (like I) that this day would never happen. I started another thread in General Audio for other collectors...
  12. Audio Fan

Let's See Those Audio Collections!

Greetings fellow AKers! (Mods: If this is not the best forum section, please move) After several years, I have FINALLY finished out my audio room / showroom to both listen and display my rather vast collection. I am still in the process of setting it up, but while doing so, I realized that I've...
  13. Audio Fan

Is it NIB... or not?

This was a recent topic here in D&$ and I just happen to have bought something the owner says is NIB. So I thought it would be interesting to see what the group thinks about it as I share photos. Give it your best detective work. First photos of what we typically see are the two below. The...
  14. Audio Fan

KLH Model 1 - Value?

After doing several searches, I am coming up empty handed. No pictures available, but they have the Janszen Model 130 electrostatic as well. Assuming all are working, anyone have an idea of value?
  15. Audio Fan

Need: Chicago area to the Southeast (KY, TN, VA, etc.)

Not an easy request, need to get some 5' tall, round cylinder speakers moved. I do not have high expectations, but thought I would ask.
  16. Audio Fan

What can you get for $200? (click and see)

A bit rough, but no one is complaining. I've been a bit lucky on Mac gear lately, picked up a set of MC60 just a couple of months ago (but not this kind of deal).
  17. Audio Fan

Impressive looking (and priced) Altec VOTTs on the bay

No affiliation to this at all, but this is the first set of VOTTs I have seen that have the potential of a positive WAF. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-Altec-Lansing-VOTT-speakers-resto-mod-Home-audio-fantasy/174709763828?hash=item28ad836ef4:g:OmwAAOSwZtxgYJin
  18. Audio Fan

CL Score - Finally a Technics Receiver!

Picked this up today.
  19. Audio Fan

Dragged this home today with windows down : Pioneer SX-1250

Found this "beauty" in desperate need of some TLC. LOTS of neglect, nicotine, etc. over decades. Going to be another labor of love to clean her up, but I've done this before and the results were quite surprising (see thread below). Pioneer SX-1250. Physically, not too many big gouges, dents...
  20. Audio Fan

Mattel record player is Audiophile! But... willing to trade for McIntosh

Well, a you know what is born every minute... apparently. Seems the Mattel record player is an under-the-radar audiophile source... according to some. If you really want it, he is willing to let it go in trade for some lower quality MacIntosh or Grommes amps. Lucky you. Oh, and stop asking for...
  21. Audio Fan

Want to play "I spy"? Major Marantz/Klipsch/Receiver collection

Haven't had a really big unit pickup in some time. Ironically, and thankfully, this group were things I mostly don't have or have never had in my collection. Although I had over 60 sets of speakers, I have never owned any Klipsch models.... until now. For Marantz, while I have owned one or...
  22. Audio Fan

DIY Stereo rack from Computer Cabinet

I have been in need of a larger rack in my office, something wider to accommodate the majority of my gear. I've had this extremely well built server rack that I saved from the dump several years ago. In pretty good shape having been exposed to the elements for a bit. Some rust pitting here and...
  23. Audio Fan

Beveridge Model 3 in NJ

No affil. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Beveridge-System-3-Stereo-Tower-Speakers/174420662298?hash=item289c48181a:g:RiUAAOSwXwRfUR3H I am a bit confused by these as I do not really understand the top section. They are clearly missing the wood veneer covering, but what is confusing is the top...
  24. Audio Fan

ADS Family Photo of Lx10

I received several tweets back from Richard So this week, so after installing/testing, I decided to setup a nice little family shot of the 710/810/910.
Back
Top Bottom