Search results

1. L

MUSE Laserdisc and MUSE TV in general.

Lol, if I'm ever in Japan and stumble upon a little second hand shop which has cheap but in perfect condition MUSE players and even one of the TVs of the era, I'll buy and ship the buggers back here to the US to try out. Otherwise it'll stay academic for now. Most I've seen on fleabay is a copy...
  2. L

No one here knows about MUSE? Wow. I'd feel special if I knew anything.
  3. L

So within the last week or so I found out that Japan had analogue high definition TV, BACK IN 1989!!!!!!!!!!! And MUSE Laserdiscs were 1035i picture and basically animorphic widescreen. So I looked up MUSE TV and LD players and must admit, my info is coming up short. Spotted a MUSE decoder on...
  4. L

Questions about D-VHS

My best guess is if one had some decent PC based video recording software and IEEE 1394 connectors one could probably hook them up and do all that. Possibly. If I ever did get my hands on one of these decks and it's media I'd try it out. This was merely to satisfy a technical curiosity of mine...
  5. L

Questions about D-VHS

Hi guys. I just learned about the short lived Digital VHS system. Looks good on paper, 1081i image, Dolby Digital AND DTS capability. Playback and record standard VHS and S-VHS tapes etc. Then there's the drawbacks such as price, MUCH more expensive metal formulation tapes, difficulty in getting...
  6. L

External subwoofer amplifiers.

Good point. Right now I'm not too bothered since I don't exactly have the cash laying about to go out buying high-end sound gear right now. I'll look into tying into the main ground system. I might not even be in this house the next time I'm in a position to buy something high-end enough to have...
  7. L

Well I just went downstairs. There's a 4 connector grounding block, with one ground wire from the satellite dish, and one going to a water pipe. Tested it with a meter and it's connected with decent continuity. I'm guessing Dayton amps just suck.
  8. L

Looks worth investigating. Guessing the person who takes calls at DirecTV would have NO clue what I'm on about if I try talking to them about this. Thanks for the info.
  9. L

Oh yes I know that. The kicker was the damn thing was plugged into the same damn surge protector as everything else, down to the sat box. How do I actually fix the problem though? Is it just a matter of calling DirecTV and telling them about the problem? Would they even care about fixing it...
  10. L

Yes, I know, I was paraphrasing. They still know it's possible. And yes, it was the cables for my satellite box. Though not quite sure how I can bond it better. Sounds like something I should grumble to DirecTV about. Though to be fair when I read the manual I tried it's suggestion of unhooking...
  11. L

I found a lot of NHT subs floating around on the used market for cheap, some self powered, some passive jobs with their MA-1 amp etc. Yes I know HT receivers have their own built in crossovers. I have my SubTwo on bypass for the lowpass and just adjust the volume and phase on the controller. The...
  12. L

So a year back I tried powering a subwoofer with a dead amp using a Dayton SA-230. The SOB hummed worse than an obnoxious cab driver, so I sent it back. Is hum a common problem with subwoofer amps? My NHT SubTwo with it's internal Sunfire amp and external controller is quiet as can be, when not...
  13. L

Building sub box for Infinity sub.

That is interesting. One sticking point though. The Infinity driver has a bigass plastic trim ring/bulkhead thing around it which seems a lot thicker and deeper than standard Dayton subs. Also their amp did NOT impress me at all so I'm a little leery of their products. I'm pretty sure I'm going...
  14. L

Tss 1200

Oh yeah, I nearly bought a 212 when I bought the NHT, but I preferred the NHT design, control interface, etc etc. The point is I already HAVE the driver and box from the 1200 so I'd just like to use it if at all possible. It seems a decent driver and I'd rather not waste it.
  15. L

Thanks, when I'm not freaking out over my final report for my American Pop Music class Ill do some research into this driver. Infinity probably has it listed somewhere. Would this driver work alright for a PR system? I'm really interested in exploring the idea. Also would appreciate input on...
  16. L

Starting the Polydome K repop. Tired of waiting.

So let's get down to brass tacks, how did it go?
  17. L

Tss 1200

I should have posted in here in the first place. Anyway for some years I've owned a TSS-1200 subwoofer. It worked well enough, I like the 12 inch CMD in it, but nearly a year ago the amp started sending an awful hiss into the driver and wouldn't stay on for long before going to standby then...
  18. L

Infinity Subwoofer Amp Issues.

Didn't expect this to get buried so soon. Am I even posting this in the right section?
  19. L

Thought I'd bump this because wow, flood of other stuff. Am I even posting this in the right section?
  20. L

I own an old Infinity TSS-1200 sub with a blown amp. I'm looking into external power options, meanwhile if I ever find someone interested in building one, I'd like to build a new box for the driver in mine. I'm not the keenest on ports never mind downward firing ones, and the lack of symmetry of...
  21. L

Infinity Subwoofer Amp Issues.

Hi folks. For a few years I had a TSS-1200 sub which developed an amp problem. A horrible hissing sound and would keep switching back adn forth between standby and on mode. To repair the amp would cost nearly what I bought it new from the Ebay seller I got it from so it's not ling retired and...
  22. L

Is TDK metal tpe just not any good?

Well I cracked the one TDK MA-110 open tonight and put it in an old MA shell with an upgraded pressure pad and got decent results. Since I only have the one tape deck now though and the cars have Poneer stereos with USB ports, I'll save recording etc for when I maybe get a car with a decent...
  23. L

Oh yeah I LOVE those shells. The only shell I love more is the one Warner Brothers used between 85 and 92, that Shape Mrk-10. With the black azimuth. LOVE those things. They also had very very big posts for the guide rollers inside. Always good to have something beefy and robust. The best...
  24. L

So I cracked one of the troublesome ones open and stuck it in an old MZ-90 shell with a better bigger pressure pad. Seemed to do the trick. I did notice that the original shell looked kind of not fully put together around the tape path area, looked a little on the cheap side. Guess TDK had...
  25. L

The deck does have a fine bias adjust which I did experiment with as well as turning HX Pro off etc. And yes, these TDK tapes did this with TWO other decks. So I might just have a bad batch, same for those TDK SAs I guess, they were bought as a 5 pack at the same time at GOod Guys back in the...
Back
Top Bottom