Search results

1. nbndtrain

SX 1010 left channel crackling in AUX only

It's usually the function buttons, and/or mono and loudness. Clean all those internally with DeOxit and excercise them as much as possible.
  2. nbndtrain

My “New” Magnavox CDB650

Just picked one up as well. Always missed it after selling 2 others. There's a repro remote on ebay from China and most functions work, except open/close.
  3. nbndtrain

Pioneer Belts help

WJOE Radio is good. Vintage-Electronics in Colorado too.
  4. nbndtrain

Yesterday’s Deal of the year for me to be “Continued” again

Without A Net is such a great live album!
  5. nbndtrain

MR 78 Panel Bulb Replacement

@Max2205 Remove the bottom panel and this is the resistor that needs to be removed, or simply jumpered for an MR-78 to be a bit brighter, matching other Mac components
  6. nbndtrain

MR 78 Panel Bulb Replacement

I'll take some pics this weekend and post here, or in a new thread.
  7. nbndtrain

Found in garage

You never know. There's a post on here from a guy who pulled 2 Marantz Model 9 tube amps out of a house to be demolished.
  8. nbndtrain

Found in garage

The Maganvox CD player may have the TDA1541 DAC chip if it's made in Belgium. May be worth around $100. The Mitsubishi amp looks pretty decent also. The rest, probably not worth too much.
  9. nbndtrain

SA-9100 Advice, Please

No prongs, maybe yours are different
  10. nbndtrain

SA-9100 Advice, Please

They de-solder and come out fine. I've done the phono boards not too long ago.
  11. nbndtrain

SA-9100 Advice, Please

Don't unwrap wires, de-solder the posts to gain the room you need.
  12. nbndtrain

Denon dp-47f tonearm lift issue after recap

Here's a pic of mine which I re-capped. Double check polarities. Make sure the inside rim of the platter is perfectly clean with iso alcohol.
  13. nbndtrain

Pioneer SX output transistor availability

I am getting ready to repair and restore a Pioneer SX-838, and it will need at least one set of output transistors. The recommended replacements (MJ21194G/MJ21193G) are not available at either Mouser or Digikey, where I typically purchase components. Seems like this has been a challenge for a...
  14. nbndtrain

I dread this --- input RCA replacement -- MC2505

Generic black center jacks on Amazon. Not sure if they'll fit a 2505 though. I was able to get away with re-soldering the grounds for a couple on my C33. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09CQ9YG1G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  15. nbndtrain

Nixie Clocks, who make a good kit or sells a good complete?

That looks like one of the kits from https://www.tubeclock.com/
  16. nbndtrain

Pioneer SX-X3X black bezel paint

Any recommendations for a black paint that will somewhat match for a scratched/damaged SX-838? Picture below. Thanks!
  17. nbndtrain

DBTs and the upcoming incandescent bulb ban in the US

Many older dimmers are not compatible with dimmable LEDs and will reduce lifespan. Something to look in to.
  18. nbndtrain

C33 Update Project 2013

This is good motivation to pull my c33 and fix a few things. May as well do bulbs as it's pretty dim. Where is a good place to find standard 10mm grommets? Does dwojo have them? After recapping, any other must do updates you recommend?
  19. nbndtrain

Alleged Grateful Dead Mc2300, on the Bay

Looking at these amps compared to the eBay example in question shows how pristine the eBay one is in comparison. Maybe it was pulled out of service early in life, or someone modded it similarly to how the dead did.
  20. nbndtrain

Potential budget streamers with ethernet capacity

Check out WiiM Pro on Amazon
  21. nbndtrain

Nakamichi RX-202 power issue

This could be a deadspot on the cam motor. Typical Nak issue. https://www.tapeheads.net/threads/sankyo-drive-motor-dead-spots.68269/
  22. nbndtrain

Pioneer CT F9191

As a first step I'd recommend new belts and rubber pulley kit from wjoe.com. Sometimes the new counter belt can be too tight, and it's best to use the original.
  23. nbndtrain

Sony PS-X600 speed issue

Have you tried cleaning the inside rim of the platter? It needs to be spotless.
  24. nbndtrain

SX-636 Troubleshooting request

Does pressing buttons while it's occurring point to anything? With the higher models, I find the loudness switch always needs a lot of cleaning.
  25. nbndtrain

Beware C33 Upgrade Unintended Results

My recapped C33 does the same thing, but it seems to clear when exercising the eq knobs. I always leave them flat. So I do think they get noisy when not used. I replaced the main opamps with the high heat version. Will look into your recco for the eq opamps.
Back
Top Bottom