Search results

1. riveraXVX

found my first tube gear....now where to go?

greetings everyone! been a while since I've posted on the forums - wife and I just bought our first home together back in December and been busy getting settled in.... I am a complete amateur when it comes to tube audio gear. (I just barely know my way around solid state as it is) I'm...
  2. riveraXVX

cheap-o DAC's question. burn-in?

had a question for folks, tried searching around a bit before picking one up, but ended up picking up one of the cheapo $25 DACs from amazon (viewHD) after looking at those, panalong, fiio's and a few others. my question - I know I see people mention burn-in times on DAC's can someone school...
  3. riveraXVX

...speaker stands for our HPM-100's

so had our HPM-100's for going on the two month mark - replaced a dead tweeter (known dead when purchased) - disassembled and cleaned up the pots on one that were scratchy and been enjoying them daily now for hours a day each day since. one thing while the family and I are out scouring thrift...
  4. riveraXVX

JVC QL-7 owners - quick question/request

hello there! just wondering if someone that owns/has a QL-7 might be able to take off and snap a couple photos of the tonearm rest base ? ours unfortunately came missing that - and hoping we might be able to find one being parted out and score the original - picked up a similar style one...
  5. riveraXVX

our very first speaker upgrade. HPM-100's

first big speaker upgrade. HPM-100's- question? after much reading and decision making over the past few months decided our first speaker upgrade would be to something I'd most likely be pleased with for a few years to come. don't have a very..for lack of better word refined ear one could...
  6. riveraXVX

Pioneer CT-WM77R - pretty cool pickup!

wife and I while out hunting this week came across a pretty neat - I presume to be either really late 80s to really early 90s - Pioneer cassette changer. beautiful cosmetic shape and functions as it should. didn't need it at all - but for $15 couldn't bare to leave it sitting! got it...
  7. riveraXVX

cardboard record player disassembled

around a year ago wife picked up one of the old vanity fair kiddies record players to resell while thrifting (Bee Gee's version) grabbed a couple of the cheapo replacement "styli" on ebay and tested it out, played fine for what it was but lots of static when adjusting the volume knob or touching...
  8. riveraXVX

good cartridge/headshell pairing: JVC QL-7

looking at recommendations for a headshell/cart for the QL-7. got things cleaned up and tested and works beautifully other than being an ugly duckling - found it left for dead with no headhshell/cartridge - looked around online and there are a number of different options out there from a pulled...
  9. riveraXVX

VM vs MM vs MC cartridges.

Hi everyone, I have searched around the forum and the internet a number of times - originally just to learn what a "VM" cartridge was when I grabbed my parents old Teac PX-300 a few months back... it is my understanding that the VM is nothing but a MM cartridge but the magnets aligned in a V...
  10. riveraXVX

my first exceptional thrifting find!

so my wife and I are constantly on the hunt for different things, something we had both been personally doing for years before we met. what the search is for has shifted and changed over the years - but now that I am ready to fully immerse myself into audio gear and am learning to repair...
  11. riveraXVX

my journey towards building a setup!

earlier in the last year had a health scare(died briefly, spent more than a month in intensive care, 3 months of last year I pretty much don't remember at all...scary stuff! and from an underlying issue at 33 years old I had no clue I had) skip forward to being 110% better - my wife and I...
  12. riveraXVX

greetings from NC! and a big thanks to everyone!

I signed up a few years ago while researching some stuff - and have steadily lurked (forgot my account info for a long time!) and read up more and more as I started planning on putting together a slowly pieced together vintage audio setup to replace my embarrassingly bad all in one setup I had...
  13. riveraXVX

anyone experienced with old tape duplicators?

been lurking the forums here for a lil while now and finally signed up since i've been delving deeper into the world of vintage audio and finally building up a decent lil setup for the first time in my life! I also run a small independent record label dealing with hardcore music/punk mostly...
  14. riveraXVX

hey what do you know? another newb!

hey everyone, been lurking these forums for the past few weeks... just trying to absorb things in! i'm 28 years old, soon to be 29 and hail from down south in North Carolina! been a long time music enthusiast..most of my job and work relates to music. I found this forum while i was...
Back
Top Bottom