Search results

1. M

Focal 807v's rethinking my amps again

I switched from my NAD 375BEE to a Brio-R as the NAD had a few reliability issues. While having less power and not as much punch, more sound flows out of the Brio R. The Brio 2017 (they dropped the R) should restore some of that punch while maintaining the beautiful mids and highs that the NAD...
  2. M

Jazz Fusion Playlist

3. M

Forgetten Female Vocalists

Phoebe Snow. :thmbsp: "It Must Be Sunday" is easily my favorite song by her, or by anyone for that matter. Fantastic artists played on her self-titled album, which is her best. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1ipbOXIcIM
  4. M

Forgetten Female Vocalists

Christine Collister One of the sweetest voices ever to come from the UK - this from the late '80s. Here is her best song, and my favorite. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzQnhqUJUCk
  5. M

Official Kef LS50 owners thread

Hi all - dropping in with an update in case anyone is amp shopping for these fine speakers. My Pioneer SA-9500 misbehaved enough to be dropped from the starting line up. A bit of a shame, as I really like that amp, and feel its a good dance partner for the LS-50. So it's out with the old, in...
  6. M

Jazz Fusion Playlist

Spun a few albums before taking the big rig out of the stand - the 'ol Pioneer is still acting up despite a recent service by an AK genius. I'm replacing it with a younger faster model, unfortunately. Decided to stay with the fusion theme. That '70's era silver was made for Billy Cobham.
  7. M

Jazz Fusion Playlist

Annnnd, score from page 1. Humbled. Will post again in about 10 years! Keep up the good work.
  8. M

Jazz Fusion Playlist

OK, a WHOLE month ago and a cupla pages back?!!! That was just a bit too easy. :thmbsp:
  9. M

Jazz Fusion Playlist

Well hello! I followed breadcrumbs to this thread from the AudioKarma Guru thread in the Gen Discussion section. One of the members Guruified Cactus Bob and these fusion selections which are quite right up my alley. Had to come take a peek. I will hit every page later tonight, and forgive me...
  10. M

TIDAL Lossless Streaming--Thoughts?

Also streaming now on the 30-day "free look" period, earned by giving up my e-mail address to them a month ago, tipped off by John Darko's brief preview here. I'm using my Airbook, offloading through the new Dragonfly into ATH-M50s. Had to load Chrome for the HiFi stream, which was markedly...
  11. M

More Props To Sawdust - My New Pioneer Case!

Only when using the system for a 2.1 A/V when watching video, which is rare, or when listening to Yello :thmbsp: . Other than that, in my small room, I pull the KEFs off the wall quite a ways, and they certainly hold thier own solo.
  12. M

More Props To Sawdust - My New Pioneer Case!

Last night I had the pleasure to unbox my new walnut case for my SA-9500, and what a thing of beauty! I already had a factory case on my TX-9500 - which was my only contingent item on a house purchase a few years ago. I noticed it in the garage attic and quickly proclaimed that it was part...
  13. M

Kef 50th Anniversary LS-50. Cutting edge for a small room.

Thanks Gents! I'll try to be less of a stranger and add anything where my paltry knowledge might be found to be moderately useful. I'd love to have John's proximity to all of those amps, and good ears nearby to level-set my conclusions. Having spent more time with the KEFs, allowing...
  14. M

Kef 50th Anniversary LS-50. Cutting edge for a small room.

I feel compelled to break my usual silence on this forum to add another voice of support to the LS50. My low post count should not obscure the fact that I, too, lived in Chicago (Northbrook in the early '70's, and Lisle in the early '00's - worked in the building formerly known as the Sears...
  15. M

Which Marantz speakers are these?

Yes, those are Marantz Imperial 5's, early model. Walnut veneer, and originally had tweed cloth - tough to see from your picture if they've been re-clothed, and I can't make out the Marantz badges which would be centered on the bottom edge of the grilles. Close enough to possibly be original -...
Back
Top Bottom