Search results

1. mrarroyo

Desktop Speaker Stand

Thanks for the info. I will check at a hardware store,since I live in a condo.
  2. mrarroyo

Desktop Speaker Stand

Silly me, after posting I did another search and found: 1. Adam A3X-Stand: http://www.adam-audio.com/en/pro-audio/products/a3x/accessories 2. Ultimate Support MS80 Stand: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&sku=755795&is=REG&ULMS80=&A=details&Q= So far the Adam...
  3. mrarroyo

Desktop Speaker Stand

Recently I set up a pair of Minimus 7W speakers in a nearfield configuration by my computer. I am trying to find a pair of stands to provide 2" to 3" elevation so they are at about the same elevation to my ears. The closest to what I am looking are the ones made by Audioengine...
  4. mrarroyo

Marantz 2230B - Tuning Meter not working

Thanks for the response, after the unit is on for about 5 minutes the tuning meter works. Pretty peculiar!
  5. mrarroyo

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

I have found the answer to my own question (or so I think) section 9 and 10 on the 2230B service manual. 
  6. mrarroyo

Marantz 2230B - Tuning Meter not working

I just received the receiver which I won on eBay. However the tuning meter although lit does not move as I tune into an FM station. The strength meter moves and the STEREO light comes on. What would be the first few things I should check? I have the schematic and a multimeter. Thanks.
  7. mrarroyo

Thanks for the answer on the 2230B being cap coupled. Is the procedure to check the dc-offset the same? Thanks again.
  8. mrarroyo

Hi, I just received a 2230B I picked up from eBay. I checked it and I am getting 0.2 mV and 1.2 mV, however I do not know if this is one of those amps that are cap coupled and thus the dc offset is measured differently. Thanks for your help.
  9. mrarroyo

USB DAC or Logitech Touch

Deal struck waiting for the PayPal bill! I will have Vinnie give it a once through. Thanks.
  10. mrarroyo

USB DAC or Logitech Touch

2string1 thanks for the pictures, how many batteries are inside the box and of what rating. I assume you would include the cables that are connected to the back, right? Thanks again.
  11. mrarroyo

New Cans break-in?

Tom, the topic of "burn in" is a very heated matter in some circles. As you can imagine there are two groups those who believe burn in is real and those who do not. I am in the first group and my experience with cans has varied from under 100 hours needed to way more. Usually I use a radio and...
  12. mrarroyo

Hard Drive options & opinions for Mac

I have been streaming from the internal 1 TB HD in my iMac for about a year. I use an AirPort Extreme to either an Apple TV2, a Touch, or Squeezebox Classic V3. When using the AirPort Extreme I believe you are limited to 16/44 with the Apple TV2 not sure with the Logitech Touch or the Classic...
  13. mrarroyo

Audio Technica ATH-W5000 Headphones

Had a pair a while back, in some systems they are nice. Personally there are some other cans which I prefer like the Denon's. Regardless hope you enjoy them.
  14. mrarroyo

Split dac between to receivers?

I have done it with great success, however I did not do an extensive side by side comparison. I just listened for a few minutes with and without the splitters in place and could not hear a difference. Good luck.
  15. mrarroyo

Class T amps

^ I would recommend you do not post your phone on a public forum. Use a PM instead.
  16. mrarroyo

Using a line stage (preamp) for a headphone amp - Anyone done this?

I use the line stage of aMonarchy Audio NM24 to drive the over 120 ohm headphones I have. I had an RCA to 1/4 female jack cable made for this purpose.
  17. mrarroyo

Getting your .wav files out of iTunes alive...

Try: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/
  18. mrarroyo

Just ordered a Squeezebox Touch...

I have ripped about 1,600 cd's using iTunes, no regrets.
  19. mrarroyo

Noise canceling ear buds recommendation

Eric, I believe that when you wrote "ear buds" you really meant IEM's (in ear monitors). I say this because ear buds in general sit in the "ear pocket" and allow a lot of the sounds from outside to come in. On the other hand IEM's block the ear canal and thus reduce outside noise by 20-35 dB's...
  20. mrarroyo

Bit perfect output from a Mac

There are lots of thread in computer audiophile discussing iTunes/MAC being bit perfect. Some examples are: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/Bit-perfect-digital-out http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/Verify-Bit-Perfect-Playback-iTunes9-OS-X-106
  21. mrarroyo

Bit perfect output from a Mac

If you use a MAC the output via optical or usb is bit perfect when using iTunes. If you use a PC you would have to bypass the kmixer to get bitperfect. There are a few write ups in computer audiophile on this subject. There are a few aftermarket software packages like Amarra that also put out...
  22. mrarroyo

USB --> S/PDIF --> Recs?

Try all the inputs and see for your self! If you have an electrically noisy computer using the optical out will decouple it from your PC and would yield better results. Good luck.
  23. mrarroyo

Pure i-20 iPod dock

X2 what Skylab wrote.
  24. mrarroyo

Proud new owner of Audio-Technica ATH-W5000. Yay!!

Glad you are enjoying them.
  25. mrarroyo

Proud new owner of Audio-Technica ATH-W5000. Yay!!

I hope you like it, I had it and thought it was way too expensive and overall preferred the ATH-W1000.
Back
Top Bottom