Search results

1. S

Shorting speaker terminals

Okay, for the life of me I can not find a single entry addressing this topic on google. No matter how I word it, the same results come up. I didn't want to pester you people about something as mundane as this but it looks like I have to. We all know if you place a piece of wire across the...
  2. S

100wpch EL84 amp

Is there such a beast? That's the question. :)
  3. S

Kappa 9 crossover connections

So I need some help re-connecting the crossovers after receiving them back from being rebuilt. I left short leads on the board with a piece of masking tape on each to number them. I also numbered the other side before I cut them. After hooking them back up all I get is some mid range sound from...
  4. S

There's only one authentic Hungarian Gulyás

And here it is: 1) 2 large onions diced very small 2) 1 large Hungarian yellow bell pepper 3) 7 medium potatoes 4) 4-5 large carrots 5) 3-4 lbs cubed beef shank 1.5"( ultra traditional calls for either goat or lamb), pork will do. 6)1/2 tsp. black pepper 7) 2 tbl spn. Hungarian paprika 8) salt...
  5. S

Kappa 9 cabs leaky

Just interested in opinions on the carpet style covering on the baffles. I don't see how the cabs won't have serious issues with leaking. No way you can tighten any of the drivers enough to seal them, especially the Emits. This can't help but have impedance issues as well
  6. S

Hanging for your shoulders...remedy

So now that I've got your attention, google that title. If your shoulders are giving in or so it seems, this might be the cure. Why my son just mentioned it to me I have no idea. I'm a 62 year old drywaller/taper whose shoulders are just about kaput. Apparently, this exercise will not cause injury.
  7. S

6HB5 compactron testing

I have about 50 of these I want to test and match up. What exactly is the procedure? I've read conflicting opinions on methodology. Some say they must be installed in the amp to test them. TIA
  8. S

62 goin' on 22

Okay, so I know we all want to declare how young we are at heart. But which of us is brave enough to admit just how young we are in mind. No one here can identify me so I'm okay telling you all that I haven't changed a bit. My son and daughter are accomplished professionals with credentials and...
  9. S

Jimi Hendrix...in search of humility

Winterland is a great example. Can we get a list of live performances where he's just into the music and not his ego? TIA
  10. S

Oddball screw needed

Anyone see one of these before? I need 8. Point me in the right direction. Greatly appreciated. 1 1/4" long, 5/16" across the top. Does not have to be self drilling.
  11. S

Sony CDP R10

Anyone with experience?
  12. S

Elvis impossible to find 'portrait' Spinout album

This is the all white album with his portrait, only his face taking up the whole cover. There's an identical poster copy included inside. This is different from the sound track version widely available. Does anyone know of it?
  13. S

Fuse ID

Can someone shed some light on what kind of fuse this is? TIA
  14. S

Giant killer (including naim)

Some of you may remember the early Boothroyd Stuart Meridian line. The 105 monos at 100w@8ohm were considered high power back then. And they were quite capable, rivaling the top dog. But when all was said and done, it was power that limited the performance of both. The Meridians were faster...
  15. S

Tubes best with Kappa 9s?

I came across a thread here some time ago that suggests tubes don't present the amp killer issues that ss does on these. I was wondering if anyone has corroborated this yet? Also that quite low, like 20wpch tubes will work?
  16. S

Amp sq vs source

What source do you find most reveals amp sq? This could be useful in determining best source, no?
  17. S

Why bother when you have internet FM?

Honest question guys n' gals. I'm seriously considering a vintage tuner but wondering if it's just redundant. How does internet radio compare? Reception is obviously not an issue but what about overall sq?
  18. S

How many strands for 10awg?

Namely 40awg. I can't find a calculator that goes that small. Smallest I could find is 35awg.TIA
  19. S

How old are you

I mean how old are you really. I'm gonna be 61 in January. But I can tell you I'm still 24. I'm a drywaller/finisher my whole life since 5yrs old(my dad was). I run my own show and nothing has changed so far physically. I'll still compete with anyone at any age. I know it's coming but that's the...
  20. S

CDs sound better heated up

Crazy but I'm convinced. I've tried this numerous times before and after, heated up with a blow dryer. I was curious. If you try it and call me nuts I'll stop, I promise.:)
  21. S

200wpch 300b set amp

Anybody remember that diy monster? I can't find it.
  22. S

Quotes by Artists

Here's one.."It's okay to let yourself go as long as you can let yourself back" Mick Jagger
  23. S

Stevie Nicks ends it with Angel

Find me a better climax to construction as it relates to Rock.
  24. S

Do real men like the Supremes?

I love Diana Ross, can't help it. I've been questioned if you know what I mean. I just need some validation before I fade away.:) Come on, be counted.
  25. S

Live albums when it's just music, no ego

SRV are good examples as are many blues concerts. The Pretenders Isle Of View is very good. I just don't want to hear how full of themselves they are in celebration of themselves rather than the music.
Back
Top Bottom