Search results

1. Dswankey

R.I.P. Dickey Betts

Not to quibble but In Memory of Elizabeth Reed HAS to be in the category of ABB's best songs
  2. Dswankey

Pairing a Yamaha CA-2000 with Polk SDA 2

I had a Yamaha CA-1010 at one point years ago and seeing as I'm fan of Polk Audio I'm sure at one point I had it hooked up to either the 5's, 7's, 10 (very brief period time) and some SDA 2's (again very brief period time) Alas I don't remember what the combinations sounded like.
  3. Dswankey

Test reveals one 12” Knight driver beats many respectable speakers, is it possible?

@SixCats! Great trove of info here, https://www.alliedcatalogs.com/ Tip Click on year, then "index page" first, find section for Speakers and then when you see what page they start on in the catalog you just enter page number instead of scrolling through all 400 + pages
  4. Dswankey

Pairing a Yamaha CA-2000 with Polk SDA 2

Welcome aboard!!! For those following along it seems the OP is in England so his options might be limited suggestions wise as opposed to what we have access to here in North America. As to the initial question the Yamaha power wise will be quite sufficient with the SDA 2's
  5. Dswankey

Has this Maggie bought the farm? (sorry, Bob)

Ouch!!!!
  6. Dswankey

Polk model 7 fans

Do you have pictures of the cabinets and grill covers?
  7. Dswankey

Polk model 7 fans

Interesting and thanks for sharing I'll be interested to hear what @F1nut thinks
  8. Dswankey

Polk Monitor 12 Prices

The 7's are a GREAT! speaker and 175 ain't too bad, as for the Silver Dome tweeters I wouldn't let that discourage you might not notice the harshness that a lot of folks speak of.
  9. Dswankey

First home set up need helpppp

Seeing the prices you've been quoted and that, I'm assuming your new to this, I say take your time and don't dive straight into the deep end such as 15 hundy for those JBL as an example. It's Spring time now which is great for yard/garage/estate sales if your patient you might be able to find...
  10. Dswankey

Heed this! if you go with the Bose be sure to pull the grill cover and the drivers aren't rotted as seen here
  11. Dswankey

12AU7 options?

Seamless
  12. Dswankey

Polk Monitor 12 Prices

You don't see too many of them let alone enough of them being sold to answer your question, if you don't really need them save the $375. However if you're still curious check all the usual suspects (Reverb, Ebay, HiFiShark) for completed/sold listings
  13. Dswankey

Klipsch Forte IV's, what would pair better McIntosh 7270 amp with a 6100 pre or Sansui 9090

Fwiw, The Sansui 9090 also allows you the ability to utilize either it's Pre or Power section separately as well
  14. Dswankey

Klipsch Forte IV's, what would pair better McIntosh 7270 amp with a 6100 pre or Sansui 9090

Correct!! however he could still use the Pre-Amp section if he chose to Mylo A couple of things, Not trying to be rude but I see this type of question asked regularly. The odds that there are folks here who have or had owned a pair of Forte IV's and paired them and then did an A vs B test...
  15. Dswankey

R.I.P. Dickey Betts

Just a little humor for this dark moment
  16. Dswankey

R.I.P. Dickey Betts

Dang!!! Dicky's intro to In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed" from At Fillmore East was so beautifully sublime and then when it was his turn to solo he knocked it out of the park then when he, Duane and the rest of the band went toe to toe later on it was and always will be epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. Dswankey

12AU7 options?

18. Dswankey

12AU7 options?

No diamond however there is what looks like the numeral 5 between the pins I don't think so unless I'm missing something
  19. Dswankey

12AU7 options?

So I own that tube and had a look at it under bright light with my glasses on otherwise I never notice it before. I'm pretty sure it's 14mm as I just compared it to some 17mm I have
  20. Dswankey

12AU7 options?

^ Looked at it again and you're eyes are better then mine It's "7F" When I have more time I'll post a better pic of the whole tube, hopefully you'll be able to determine if it's 14 or 17mm
  21. Dswankey

12AU7 options?

Not to add with regards to options but while the knowledgeable are chiming in I thought I'd share this, no etch codes at the bottom so I'm not sure who actually made this.
  22. Dswankey

Returning a Fisher KX-200 to its roots

Great suggestion!!!!
  23. Dswankey

^This! or a receiver
  24. Dswankey

Me and the Dog are Restoring an AU-717

Excellent!!!! Will Ferrell would be proud :biggrin:
  25. Dswankey

My modified klh pr950s speakers

@vboss5764 The member you're asking a question to hasn't been seen or posted since 2016
Back
Top Bottom