Search results

1. Duffinator

A/D/S line pecking order?

I owned a pair of L1090’s and liked them a lot. Not the bass of the 1290 or 1590 but nicely balanced and not nearly as large as the others. I’ve owned 420, early 710’s - my favorite, later 810’s, 980’s and 1090’s plus a couple other pairs that I’ve forgotten. They all sound nice. I have a nice...
  2. Duffinator

Fisher Consoles 1945-1958

@TheRed1 are you still collecting literature for the Fisher consoles? I’m going to part mine out and would like to give my documentation to you of someone collecting them.
  3. Duffinator

Was looking to find them a home which I did. My friend was going to toss them and I couldn’t let that happen
  4. Duffinator

will do
  5. Duffinator

Thanks. Anyone know anything about theses speakers? I remember Tom talking highly of their auto speakers.
  6. Duffinator

I just picked up an a/d/s 234is auto speaker system with 4" woofers, tweeters and crossover networks. Anyone know anything about them? Is @soundmotor still around?
  7. Duffinator

Show your JBLs off

Great looking room and I like that lamp. I might have to try and find one. Here’s a couple photos of one of my rooms. Room has changed a bit since these 10 year old photos and I also have an Eames chair I’ve had for a couple of decades. That is a Saarinen in the photo. The wood tables were...
  8. Duffinator

Show your JBLs off

Nice room. What’s the scoop on the lamp and do you have a photo of it you can post?
  9. Duffinator

Best Headphones for under $200

Here’s my brief review of my new Focal Elegia that I’ve had for almost two weeks now. They are still breaking in but they are sounding good to me. Of course they were $369 not $200 so keep that in mind. The first thing you notice is they are BIG and HEAVY! But as @Caveman Carl mentioned they...
  10. Duffinator

The New Wave/Post-Punk/80s Alternative Thread

Yaz Upstairs at Eric’s
  11. Duffinator

The Focal Elegia arrived in two days and so far so good. Been listening to them on my iPhone 12 which drives them easily. Switching to my Yamaha A-S3000 for the rest of the evening.
  12. Duffinator

Edit: they shipped same day, Wed, and will arrive two days later on Fri. I’ll report back when they arrive.
  13. Duffinator

Now you tell me!
  14. Duffinator

Will do. Thanks for the link.
  15. Duffinator

Thanks. I just ordered the Focals.
  16. Duffinator

They’re showing $449 today like everyone else. Oh well. With Fathers Day coming I might stretch my budget a bit. The Elegia has very good reviews.
  17. Duffinator

Thanks. Where do you see the Focals for $369? In the US? The AT’s should work too.
  18. Duffinator

Thanks. Do you have any recommendations for closed phones?
  19. Duffinator

I’m also looking for some new headphones for around $200. I’ve been using some Beats Solo3 that were able to be used wired. The Beats are my daughters and sounded way better than the Sennheiser HD 280’s I had. I’d like enclosed on the ear headphones that are wired. They will be used for late...
  20. Duffinator

Yamaha GT-2000 Turntable Social Group

A member @SanderZ makes external power supply clones and I believe several members have them. He’s in Russia so not sure how that would work right now. I checked into him making one for me so I could eliminate my 120 to 100 power converter. I didn’t order it because I didn’t think I could sell...
  21. Duffinator

In my system everything turns on and off all together. I leave my GT-2000 on and use my external power supply to turn the TT on and off.
  22. Duffinator

Here’s an interesting screen shot from the thread.
  23. Duffinator

Congratulations and welcome to the group
  24. Duffinator

So as a couple recent posts brought up has anyone had any issues with their GT 2000? Many of us use external power supplies so that removes issues there. But what about the speed sensors? If they went bad they might be a challenge to repair. Oh and happy 40th birthday to the GT 2000 turntable.
  25. Duffinator

My ZD007 V2.0 Speaker Cabinet Build

2022 update: I decided to add platform bases to the speakers which will raise the center of the horns 1 3/4” and add 4-5 lbs which will take each speaker to over 135 lbs. We’re attaching the bases to the threaded inserts for the feet with 3/4” spacers and moving the feet to the bases. Here’s...
Back
Top Bottom