Search results

1. dumptruckz36

Broooooooooo Sup

Broooooooooo Sup
  2. dumptruckz36

LP protectant from 1978?

Thank you all for your knowledge and the history of different products!
  3. dumptruckz36

LP protectant from 1978?

I got about 50 albums from my dad when I was in high school, and about another 100 when he passed away in May of 2020. He would be 67 in a few weeks (I'm 31). Anyway, most of his LP sleeves have a little handwritten note on them that says "protected, date, used x times". Does anyone know what...
  4. dumptruckz36

Audio is great, but what about room ambiance?

I'm at my parents funky norther Michigan cabin with my family, listening to my Marantz 2215B, Sansui SP-2500's, through my iPod classic. Speaker placement is horrible. Equipment is questionable at best. But room ambiance is perfect. And that makes up far more than quality equipment in this...
  5. dumptruckz36

Tube selection for HK A300

I've had a Harman Kardon A300 for the last 7-8 years. It's been recapped by a friend of mine, and I've bought new matched power tubes for it a few times. I don't use it much, maybe a few hours a week. It seems like I lose a power tube about once a year. I've been running Tung-sol 6v6GTs since...
  6. dumptruckz36

My unchanging taste in iPod Classics

So I recently bought a 3rd iPod classic. I prefer "updated" models that have SSD and larger batteries. The battery life is increased to about 120 hours and the response time is much faster with the newer style HD. Here is the progression of iPods I've had. Left (Black) is my original 80Gig...
  7. dumptruckz36

New album just arrived...

I asked my dad for a CD of Jon Anderson's new album 1000 Hands for my birthday. It just arrived. I'm pretty pumped to listen to it for the first time. I haven't found any new music I really like in the last few months. I was thinking of asking for the LP, but I felt bad asking someone to...
  8. dumptruckz36

Speaker ID please.

The local record store was having a rummage sale today. Everything was advertised as "Less than 5 bucks and non-working." Most of it was crap or severely broken. This speaker was the only thing was in decent condition. It's almost perfect. Final price, $2. Also, it works fine. A little...
  9. dumptruckz36

Pics of your listening space

Here's a good one from a few years ago.
  10. dumptruckz36

What Is Your Holy Grail Receiver or Receivers That Will Complete Your Setup??

Pioneer SX-1010. Already have one. I'll never need another receiver. Not my picture. Found on Google images.
  11. dumptruckz36

Suggestions for the new man cave

Thank you all for the kind words and suggestions. We are very excited to own a home and I can't wait to get started down there.
  12. dumptruckz36

The ceilings are actually higher than most basements I've been in. It must be the angle of the picture making it look low. As for asbestos, I know there is some in other areas of the house (kitchen tile, etc...), but I don't know if there is any in the odd assortment of ceiling covering. The...
  13. dumptruckz36

My wife and I bought a house in Grandville, MI about a month ago. It was built in 1942, and the previous owner was a 94 year old woman who lived there since 1960. We have been working there every day to get at least part of it presentable before we move in this coming Sunday (the 29th). My...
  14. dumptruckz36

Who's Got The Most Complicated Signal Path?

Don't worry, this was a temporary (1 week) stereo my buddy and I built for high school band camp. The Goal was too see how much we could fit in a dorm room. We know how terrible it was. Also, none of it was phased properly. lol.
  15. dumptruckz36

Who's Got The Most Complicated Signal Path?

Everything stacked in the middle was from one source.Band Camp 2009 by dumptruckz36 posted Nov 28, 2010 at 7:53 PM
  16. dumptruckz36

Minimalist for a month

I just started a new job and had to quickly move in with my brother and his wife. They graciously let me stay in their basement. When I was packing, I thought to myself "Is there any way I can tolerate music on laptop speakers for 4 weeks?". Of course I can't. Here is the minimalist stereo I...
  17. dumptruckz36

Old Guy's Cave W/ KLH Fives added

Those look great! What other speakers do you have in your system?
  18. dumptruckz36

Harman Kardon A300 Phono Stage- Early vs. Late Version

Can you determine which design you have based on the units serial number?
  19. dumptruckz36

Harman Kardon A300 Owners: Which speakers?

I have a pair of KLH model 14Bs and a pair of The New Large Advent speakers. Both sound great but with different "audio personalities", if you will.
  20. dumptruckz36

Anyone had an audio purge recently (and felt good about it) ?

I moved about a year and a half ago. my wife suggested I "thin the herd". So I sold about 200 albums (and kept 300), and I sold an entire system worth of gear. I made a LOT of money off of it and it made moving a lot easier.
  21. dumptruckz36

What's your career and education??

I'm working on my masters in Forestry....... so not very related.
  22. dumptruckz36

Winter Storage

I am also curious about this. I have a Marantz 2215B in the same situation at a cabin in northern Michigan. It's been fine for 3 years now, but idk if it does extra damage. I would guess that as long as it isn't being turned on during that time (creating huge temperature swings in the...
  23. dumptruckz36

The Perfect (Fictional) Band...

On Monday, I went to see Paul McCartney at Van Andel Area in Grand Rapids, MI with my wife. It was my first time seeing him and easily one of the best concerts I've ever been too. Yesterday, I saw YES (for the 7th time) in Sterling Heights, MI (also with my wife). They're my favorite band and...
  24. dumptruckz36

Pretty dancing lights....crazy idea or not?

I have my EQ set up from a tape out on my amp to the input on the EQ. The signal dead ends there. I use mine just to see the spectrum display. Anyway, your idea will work, but it might reduce the strength of the signal, so you might have to crank the volume a bit more.
  25. dumptruckz36

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Tales From Topographic Oceans - YES through my Harman Kardon A300 to a pair of The New Large Advents. We're getting ready for the YES concert this Friday in Sterling Heights!
Back
Top Bottom