Search results

1. bookasan

Westinghouse Type 75 tubes

I picked up a lot of tubes from an auction mainly because I spotted a pair of CBS 7730's in the lot which I know are fairly rare. The lot also has about 20 each type 75 and 76 tubes in boxes. the 76's are RCA. The 75's are Westinghouse and the tubes are all marked the same with a J6S on the...
  2. bookasan

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

So it was just a tape issue. Got a brand new reel of ATR tape, cleaned the heads and entire tape path really well, and this thing runs like a charm. Works and sounds beautiful. It was very well maintained by the previous owner.
  3. bookasan

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Just picked up this Holy Grail of analog machines....An Ampex ATR-102 with 1" heads! Having a problem with it right now and it may have been due to running a tape with sticky shed syndrome. I cleaned the goop off the heads and everything else really well, but no luck. Not sure what the issue is...
  4. bookasan

Great deal on sansui in Los Angeles.

Got them yesterday (less the speakers). They actually look better cosmetically than I expected. Have not tested or opened them up yet to peek inside, but will hopefully get to it tonight.
  5. bookasan

Great deal on sansui in Los Angeles.

On my way tomorrow to pick em up ;-)
  6. bookasan

Heads up Brooklyn!

Hmmm? I don't know. I looked at his feedback and he got good feedback for the Thorens auction. His descriptions are a mess, but sometimes that turns out to be better for the buyer. If the price stayed good and I was in the area, I would be willing to take the risk, but I am on the other coast...
  7. bookasan

Heads up Brooklyn!

Yes, but in this case there is no mention in the title at all of the audio stuff, typos in the stuff he did list in the title, and has it under the wrong category. Somebody looking for audio gear would probably never find this. May turn out to be a great deal for someone.
  8. bookasan

Heads up Brooklyn!

Piss poor auction description and title, but look at the last few pictures. Pick up only in NY. I am on the wrong coast :( http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-recording-music-studio-inventory-DRUMS-Ludvig-pearl-cymbol-paiste-tannoy-/221180231870?pt=US_Image_Video_Audio_Software&hash=item337f5e80be
  9. bookasan

Help with Revox B795 problem

I did get the table in this condition so it is very possible it was tinkered with by someone that did not know what they were doing. I myself am capable of performing basic repairs but know better than to mess with trim pots etc. without knowing what I am doing. Where to go from here?
  10. bookasan

The needle is tracking fine when it first comes down on the record. Then the arm starts to move inward ahead of the cartridge and starts to drag the cartridge with it. Hope this makes sense. The string does not appear to be stretched and the spring attached to the string is extended...
  11. bookasan

I acquired a Revox B795 in fairly good condition. It has an issue where the arm starts to drag across the record. I replaced all of the electrolytics since I read that is a good starting point with any issue on these tables. Problem still exists. Any suggestions on where to look next?
  12. bookasan

Wow! Apogee Mini-Grand = $375

I hate these posts.... WOW!....Look at these.....Drool.....Amazing..... Then the craigslist add gets deleted :( Oh well, I probably couldn't have afford them anyway :D
  13. bookasan

UREI 813C on Craigslist!

Actually It was his tech or sound guy who did the Ebay transaction. I had some Paypal payment issues with them, and he told me not to worry because they were for John Mayer and he would fix the problem promptly. I thought to myself, "yeah sure they are" and the payment issue was fixed the next...
  14. bookasan

UREI 813C on Craigslist!

I picked up a pair locally off Ebay a couple of years ago for $500. Seller had them listed as a single speaker with a picture of one, but I thought I saw it sitting on another in the pictures. I asked before bidding and it turned out it was a pair which really affected the bidding. A year later...
  15. bookasan

My new State Of The Art Electronik Studio Monitors

Can't tell what any of the drivers are. The woofers and mids feel heavy and well built, but have stamped baskets. No markings on any of them. I got these specifically as studio monitors for the new studio I am building. Actually all 4 woofers need to be re-foamed. Should keep me busy for a...
  16. bookasan

All drivers appear to be working as well as the active crossover. They are designed to be either Bi-amped or with 4-amps (low, low mid, hi-mid, hi). This pair was set up to be run bi-amped so there is internal crossovers for the mids.
  17. bookasan

My search for large format studio mains is over :D I found these locally on Ebay for a very low price and local pick up a couple of miles away. I was not familiar with the Canadian Company "State Of The Art Electronik Inc", but the monitors appear to be highly regarded and used in many...
  18. bookasan

Acetate and Harold Spina questions

Found a box with a few records at the thrift store today. Most are Capitol Records Acetates from the mid to late 50's. Almost everything I can Identify relates in some way to Harold Spina, even the Dinah Shore LP that was in the box (song written by Spina). Perhaps these were from his estate...
  19. bookasan

B&O Beogram 4002 Issues

A while back I got a hold of a B&O Beogram 4002 turntable that had the very common problem of the tone arm not lowering. A good cleaning and lube of the solenoid assembly brought it back to life. Now I got my hands on another, only this one has the CD4 circuit option. It also has a problem...
  20. bookasan

Kenwood MV Series Speakers

I am building a two room recording studio in my garage. I am all set with my monitors in the control room. My tracking room is going to double as a dance studio (no, not for me) and I want to get a pair of speakers to soffit mount into the wall.
  21. bookasan

Kenwood MV Series Speakers

I am working on a project that will require a pair of speakers and the Kenwood MV series (MV-7, MV-9, MV-10 etc....) look like they might be just what I am looking for. Two side by side large woofers with a horn. There are a couple of pairs up on Ebay right now and they fit my budget, but...
  22. bookasan

Burbank, Ca.- Huge lot of Vintage Equip.

The DA-10P is working and cosmetically good :) I knew I could have made more selling it all separately, but really do need it all out of here at once. I am building a recording studio and this is all in the way. If not, I would have had to put it into storage while I tried to find the time...
  23. bookasan

O Boy

Oh, and all of the proceeds from this sale will go to funding the construction. That keeps the wife happy :)
  24. bookasan

O Boy

Ok, now I can chime in :) If it was a fellow AK'er that won the auction, look forward to meeting you. No, this had nothing to do with the wife this time, in fact the opposite. She thought I was a little crazy selling this all at once. The story is........ I am in the process of building...
  25. bookasan

EV Interface A II's on Hartford CL

Darn....too far for me. I am looking for any of the interface series for one of the rooms for my new studio I am building. I prefer the C's, but will take any in the series at a good price. I think that is a decent price with the EQ.
Back
Top Bottom