Search results

1. wowazeplin

The Official -Technics SL-1600/1700/1800- Owners Thread

I had a similar problem with my 1700 starting intermittently and then eventually not at all. If I remember correctly, at the time I ended up unplugging a wire back to the motor control board which bypassed the tone arm optical sensor. circuit.. If the power was on the table would rotate, and...
  2. wowazeplin

The Official -Technics SL-1600/1700/1800- Owners Thread

I love my Technics! Here's my frankenstein hodgepodge 1700 mk2... rebuilt a few years ago.. Rebuild thread can be found here: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=360486 And a youtube video showing how I got the cueing and arm return to work by inserting an arduino...
  3. wowazeplin

Home-made instrument, anyone?!?

My favorite build so far...
  4. wowazeplin

SL1700mk2, i need pics of the footers

I've got the ticket... I just got done putting a 1700 mk2 back together, and another member was kind enough to provide me a missing foot... which just arrived today. Here are some pics along with some dimensions... 2 back feet have short screws, 2 front feet have longer screws. The pics are...
  5. wowazeplin

Problem With Shure M97xe output?

I'll second that:banana:
  6. wowazeplin

Cartridge recomendation

Interesting post! Please post your thoughts after trying out the cartridges. I've a 1700 mk2 I almost have up and running. Found out I need new interconnects and have them and some Cardas wire coming from KAB. Once working I'll be trying out the m97xe, Stanton 881s, and a Shure m91ed
  7. wowazeplin

Opinions on a Stanton 881S cartridge?

My bad, it's the m97xe
  8. wowazeplin

Excellent input all! Thank you very much. I also keep seeing 881S. And 881 mkIIs etc... Are these different versions? If So is there a way to identify?
  9. wowazeplin

Well, think I'll hold on to it and look around for a stylus! Would one expect this to perform any better than my M94xe? I've been using this one for 5 mo now and it seems to be getting better as I use it but it's still not "wowing" me...
  10. wowazeplin

I bought a SL-1700 mk2 with this Stanton 881S cartridge on it a month ago, Stylus was broken and I've been reading a little bit about the cartridge to gauge its potential but not finding much on the version (S). Can anyone possibly give a lowdown? All I have right now is the Shure M94XE...
  11. wowazeplin

SL-1700 MK2 Heart Transplant... Its alive!

The board is one of these: Arduino Home Page, Its pretty nifty, and has 14 digital input/output pins and 6 analog i/o pins. One can hook it directly to their computer via a USB connector on the board, and program it using Arduino's free Software. The website has plenty of simple examples to...
  12. wowazeplin

Good thought! :scratch2:but from what I can see with the 1700 mk2 feet, the table needs something to thread the sprung plastic retainer to the aluminum housing, in order for the table suspension to work... The platter and the tone arm mechanisms are directly attached to the black composite...
  13. wowazeplin

Thanks for the comments all:D The programming wasn't all that hard, The arduino programming language wasn't too hard to get the gist of, plus they give great fundamental examples on their website. The paint is duplicolor auto spray paint and clear coat, Went with a GM metallic silver/gray...
  14. wowazeplin

Oops, pics didn't take... The Arduino microcontroller is the small blue board just below the Tone Arm base.. I totally removed the arm control board and was able to just put this custom board in its place... All the sensor switches from the tone arm run into this microcontroller as inputs...
  15. wowazeplin

Found that a previous owner had accidently used too long a screw in the wrong location to attach the drive CB to the aluminum housing and cut into a trace. hacked in a jumper wire and got the platter drive to work. Cue, Auto Return and Stop functions were tougher. There's another post in this...
  16. wowazeplin

Well, maybe it was more of a spleen transplant:scratch2: I bought an as-is SL-1700 MK2 a month ago from Ebay and was able to arrange a local pickup.. When I got the table, it had the following problems: 1. The platter drive was eratic, meaninng the platter would move forward/ backward...
  17. wowazeplin

Some winter puttering and a RCM

Last 5% always takes 95% of the time.. Seeing the finish line on this project. I was able to get a nice GAST air pump a couple of month's ago from Ebay, and fine tuned the machine till I got it to work real nice:banana: This weekend, while working alongside my SL-1700mk2 rehaul, I started...
  18. wowazeplin

Some winter puttering and a RCM

no problem, still puttering around with it, tonight I've been cutting up an acrylic top for it....
  19. wowazeplin

DIY record cleaning machine (RCM) consolidation and resource thread

Evening all, I've got a thread on my version of a thread buffer RCM I posted in the DIY forum a month or so ago. Got a nice Vacuum pump off ebay since then and It's working real nice now, just have to finish up the enclosure... Linky
  20. wowazeplin

Need help with SL 1700MK2

Success! I've a 1700 MK2 that I bought off eBay a month or so ago with dead stop and cueing functions. I checked it out and confirmed bad chips on the main board. I took a different approach to fix, and used an Arduino UNO prototyping board to replace the function of the arm motor drive...
  21. wowazeplin

technics sl-1600 mk2 auto start problem

I have my 1700mk2 completely apart right now and also disassembled the base of the tone arm. I bet you could replace that rubber drive bushing with a rubber tire from a slot car try a local hobby store. I actually have some of those as well, left over from my record cleaning machine project...
  22. wowazeplin

Oops... here it is
  23. wowazeplin

Since your arm is lifting off and then back onto the rest, I'd bet the belt is working ok, since the belt drives the cue and arm rotation. I'm going to guess there is a problem with the small idler gear which, when it moves, moves up to the tone arm base and with a rubber disk attached to the...
  24. wowazeplin

Technics SL-1700mk2 arm motor supply voltage?

Hi all, recently aquired a non working SL-1700mk2, and have been spending time troubleshooting it. Among other problems, is the weak arm motor. I checked the voltage supplied to the motor and it comes in aroun 8.2 V, however the motor label calls it out as a 10 V. Can anyone tell me what...
  25. wowazeplin

"I think there's some turntables and other stuff too."

That's a nice haul! I've been combing the Syracuse area for a year now and have come up with zilch. Guess the stuff is out there, just have to keep looking...
Back
Top Bottom