Search results

1. RickJ_2270

Enjoying My New-to-Me 2270

Congrats on your 2270. As others have stated, it's an iconic receiver from a legendary stereo marque. I bought a new 2270 in 1975 as a gift to myself. I enjoyed it for 20+ years with my Rectilinear III speakers, and then I donated both the receiver and the speakers to my brother in the...
  2. RickJ_2270

Preamp for 240 amp?

Hi, I'm using a Marantz 7T with my Marantz 240 amp. The sound is absolutely glorious through my Martin Logan Aerius speakers. It's open, spacious, warm, musical, and non-fatiguing. I've read 'pros' and 'cons' regarding the 7T, but I decided to take a chance on one. I couldn't be...
  3. RickJ_2270

Added another to the stable.

Must have been a good weekend for Craigslist sales. I'm visiting relatives in Ohio, and I found and purchased a one-owner 2270 outside of Cincinnati. The faceplate is a little dirty, and the stud inside the volume knob got slightly bent at one point, but otherwise it's in all-around great...
  4. RickJ_2270

Marantz cd player receives recognition..

We were recently discussing this model in a thread further below. The Marantz SA8004 sacd/cd player was named a 'Golden Ear 2011' winner in the September issue of the 'Absolute Sound' magazine. I thought that was pretty cool.. Best regards, Rick
  5. RickJ_2270

Help needed

Make sure the jumpers are still in place in the 'pre amp / main in' jacks in the rear of the unit. Regards, -rick.
  6. RickJ_2270

Describe your marantz sound in 3 words only

Hypnotic Rapturous Sonorous ! -Rick
  7. RickJ_2270

Looks brand new; Marantz 2216

Absolutely beautiful 2216. Love the faceplate. Can you describe the sound? And, wow, those are some seriously sharp photos! Can I ask what camera & lens you are using? Congrats on a very cool find. Hope you derive many years of listening pleasure and musical enjoyment! Regards, -rick
  8. RickJ_2270

Marantz SA8004 - question about noise

Ok, I powered on my SA8004 this morning, inserted a disc, pressed play, and kept all other stereo equipment turned off. So with the disk spinning, yes, I could detect a very 'small amount' of what I guess would be termed motor/transport noise, but I would not characterize it as excessive...
  9. RickJ_2270

Marantz SA8004 - question about noise

Hey guys, I have an SA8004 that I gave to myself as a Christmas present last December, lol. I'll play around with it tonight when I get home, and let you know if I hear any abnormal noise. Regards, -rick.
  10. RickJ_2270

My Cleaned Up 2235B!!

Roger, That is a stunning 2235B. It looks like a brand new, 'out of the box' new-old stock unit! And you've managed to perfectly capture the essence of the faceplate and the beautiful dial colors! I can see why you want to have it restored. Regards, Rick
  11. RickJ_2270

The 'adventure begins', lol, just bought a modded 240 amp...

Unfortunately, I have no pics of the internals of the Model 18. I've been meaning to take a few pics of the faceplate and post them here on AK. The L65s did indeed come with the glass tops, although the seller had them carefully wrapped, and I haven't gotten around to unwrapping them, lol...
  12. RickJ_2270

Lol, no absolutely not.. I recently acquired a Rotel 1072 cd player (new in box). I actually heard it last autumn (on a road trip to Atlanta to buy a 1250 int amp from a seller on CL). The 1250 seller invited me into his home to demo the 1250 for me. He happened to have a Rotel 1072, and I...
  13. RickJ_2270

Hi jk, I just bought the 240 the other day, and it is currently in transit from Utah to my house in Nashville. The pics I posted above were either taken by the previous owner, or by the person who did the work. When I take delivery, I am going to be really paranoid about opening it up...
  14. RickJ_2270

I have had a Marantz 'connection' for a long time. In 1975, I bought myself a brand new 2270 upon graduating from college. I kept it for around 20+ years, and finally gave it to my brother as a gift. I used it with Rectilinear III speakers, and a Dual turntable, which I also bought in the...
  15. RickJ_2270

You know, I've been wondering if the restoration work might have been done by someone who posts (or advertises) here on the AudioKarma Marantz forum, lol.. :) Good point. I will contact the seller to see if he can provide me with any schematics and/or other pertinent documentation. -rick
  16. RickJ_2270

Hey guys, Thanks for the kind comments. I'm looking forward to listening to the 240 as soon as it arrives. I will be sure to post my impressions. I'll be connecting it to a Marantz 3600 pre-amp. I also have a Marantz 250 amp hooked up to the 3600 at the moment, so I will be able to do...
  17. RickJ_2270

I just purchased this fully serviced and somewhat 'modded' Marantz 240 from that auction site. Some of you perhaps saw the listing. I'm guess I'm taking a bit of a chance on 'untried/untested' mods, but what the heck, how bad can it be? Different is good. Here's a summary of the work done...
  18. RickJ_2270

Marantz 4300..speaker reccommends?

I found a pair of pristine condition Martin Logan 'Aerius' speakers on Craigslist a few months ago. By odd coincidence, the seller ended up being located only about 3 miles from my house. I've always heard fairly good things about ML speakers, but I had absolutely no idea what they would sound...
  19. RickJ_2270

who wins the battle , a marantz pm-94 or a 22xx

I own a PM94 and a 2385. The PM94 is an integrated amp. With headphones, it sounds very nice, exhibiting a deep, wide soundstage, and an exquisitely neutral, accurate sound. All in all, it provides a very satisfying listening experience through headphones. I tried connecting it to my Martin...
  20. RickJ_2270

are the ESOTECs considered far better than 22xx marantzies ??

Hi Quad, I own a Marantz Eso-Tec SC-6 pre-amp. (I also have the matching SM6 amp, but it is one of the 110v units, and I need to get a step-down transformer before I can use it). Anyway, I did an informal listening test a few months ago. I connected the SC-6 to the pre-in jacks of a...
  21. RickJ_2270

new home for 2270

Congrats on your 2270. Sounds like a cool pick up. I bought an original 2270 in 1975 as a gift to myself after graduating from college. I kept it for 20+ years, then I gave it to my brother in the late '90s. Wished I would have held onto it, but I went in a different direction for a while...
  22. RickJ_2270

Marantz virgin

Skibjr - Many thanks for the tip on the related 'buzz' issue I'm noticing on my2238Bs. I'm not an electronics technician, but I would love to get this fixed if I could track down a tech within a few hundred miles. I guess there is Terry DeWick. He's only about 150 miles away. Thanks and...
  23. RickJ_2270

Marantz virgin

I've purchased 'two' Marantz 2238Bs in the last year, and I'm sad to say that both suffer from a similar, if not the exact same symptom you describe at extreme low volumes, although I would describe it as more of a 'buzz' than a 'hum', lol. Nonetheless, it is definitely there, definitely...
  24. RickJ_2270

Marantz 2245

I scored a Marantz 2245 a few weeks ago and connected it to a pair of JBL L-65 Jubal speakers. I can personally tell you that the 2245 is capable of pumping out some very serious volume with absolutely prodigious low bass. I am quite impressed with my new-to-me 2245. Regards, Rick
  25. RickJ_2270

2275 Back to Life!

AudioKarma members *rock*! What a great community! Glad to hear that your 2275 is back in business again. Regards, -rick.
Back
Top Bottom