Search results

1. gewoonmaf

Replace heater core day, fun?

Sold my Audi 90 to avoid having to do this job once. Supposed to take 8+ hours on this car, you need to take the entire dash out. I like working on cars, but not that much.
  2. gewoonmaf

Why was Disco so hated?

I wasn't into disco at the time, but have since learnt to appreciate some of the better stuff. As with any type of music, there's some good and some bad. I don't dance, so I tend to listen to disco as I'm cycling and it's great for that.
  3. gewoonmaf

Is this too Much Hi-fi for one bedroom?

VERY impressive. All setups look very neat too, which is an accomplishment by itself.
  4. gewoonmaf

Last Night at Radio Shack...

RS pulled out of The Netherlands in the '90s. They were never that popular here, because the non-chain electronics stores were always cheaper for components and their other products didn't seem to be a good match for the Dutch market. Nowadays, even general electronics stores are disappearing...
  5. gewoonmaf

Misc small scores, rambling...

Hope everyone's doing OK here... I've been away for a bit, because this job is pretty hard work and I'm generally dead for the world when I get home (having to do everything by bicycle is no help, I don't get paid enough to run a car so I commute by bike, a 30 km round trip). Also, my DSL modem...
  6. gewoonmaf

I own ONE cassette tape: Help please!

I imagine that for about the same amount that got you the tape you could find a decent used cassette deck at a thrift store.
  7. gewoonmaf

Thanks. Finding another job is always a lot easier when you have a job... a lot less pressure.
  8. gewoonmaf

Might as well use this thread for something off topic- as of next Monday, I'm again somewhat gainfully employed. After applying for 167 jobs over the last 9 months I've found a position at a large used-car dealership in a nearby town, where I'm going to photograph all their new incoming stock...
  9. gewoonmaf

Celestion 5?

Thanks guys, sounds like a doable project. I'll try to get a price on those speakers, if it's below EUR 10 I'll have something interesting to do.
  10. gewoonmaf

Celestion 5?

I'm fairly handy, I've worked on car instruments a lot. You mean I might be able to take off the dome, push out the dent gingerly and reinstall? I could get the price of those speakers down to very reasonable regions. Tweeters from ebay won't be possible, gave up my credit card recently.
  11. gewoonmaf

Celestion 5?

Thanks. I'll leave them then, don't want to have to look for another tweeter.
  12. gewoonmaf

Lepai Tripath TA2020 vs Dayton Audio DTA-1

Perhaps because you posted a thread about an amplifier in the Speakers forum?
  13. gewoonmaf

Front-Facing LP Storage

That's a really nice-looking cabinet... shame it's so expensive. I'll go for the Expedit myself, doesn't look as clean (though those bins are a neat feature!) but the price is pretty good and it's quite solid when you install it properly.
  14. gewoonmaf

Celestion 5?

That might've been the Celestion 3, which seems to have been somewhat amazing VFM in its day.
  15. gewoonmaf

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Pre-recorded DCC tape for EUR 0.30. Don't own a DCC deck but wouldn't mind one and I haven't seen a tape in over a decade.
  16. gewoonmaf

How did anyone afford gear in 70's-80's??

I worked long and hard and didn't spend anything but put it all in the bank. Then I carefully looked at all available options, bought everything at the store with the lowest prices (which meant taking the bus or bike into town and buying at several stores) and in the end I had to settle for...
  17. gewoonmaf

Celestion 5?

Any opinions on this small speaker? I know it's a well-respected name and they look nice. One problem: the alu dome on one of the tweeters has been pushed in. Is this fixable by taking it apart and reshaping or is a new tweeter required? Sorry for the cr@ppy pic.
  18. gewoonmaf

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Those are great finds!
  19. gewoonmaf

What digital multi meter do you use?

The cheapest I could find that looked a little solid, I think it was EUR 7. Nou quite ready to service electronics anyway, I mostly use it for working on cars.
  20. gewoonmaf

Pics of your listening space

Great room, great setup, incredible amp!
  21. gewoonmaf

Things I found at a rummage sale today

Excellent finds! LOVE the fan, wouldn't mind one myself!
  22. gewoonmaf

Whoops! I did it again (Revox B77-hs)

Nice deck for a great price! I wouldn't have resisted it either...
  23. gewoonmaf

Philips N-4308

We used to have those in school... early-mid '70s.
  24. gewoonmaf

Is there such thing as "too many" tape decks?

I have 'only' four RtRs... Philips N4504 Philips N4515 Aristona EW 5512 Akai GX-215D And 15 cassette decks. In my defense, I only got my first RtR a couple of years ago.
  25. gewoonmaf

Another unusual find in my neck-O-the-woods

Very interesting speakers. They look to be in great shape!
Back
Top Bottom