Search results

1. M

Quad 303 power-amp

Here's a few recent photo's of the Quad 303 power-amp, iconic beauty...! Quad 303 side by Macvisual Photography, on Flickr 303 front by Macvisual Photography, on Flickr Quad 303 by Macvisual Photography, on Flickr
  2. M

Vintage gear that makes you say "Wow"...

Quad 303 power amplifier, 45 watts into 8 ohms. I recently bought one and can't believe how GOOD this sounds for a mere £150...! I'm blown away. :)
  3. M

Quad 303 power-amp

Only last night I bought myself a used good condition Quad 303 power-amplifier, an iconic British stereo power amplier made from 1967 - 1985, 45 watts into 8 ohms. I'm using this connected to a Promitheus Audio TVC passive pre-amp. One simple word about how it sounds and its performance in my...
  4. M

What TT's do you folks have

Thought I'd update my Acoustic Signature deck with a newly fitted/fettled SME V tonearm, Len Gregory MM3 moving iron cartridge; Acoustic Signature by Macvisual Photography, on Flickr SME V base by Macvisual Photography, on Flickr Len Gregory MM3 cart by Macvisual Photography, on Flickr...
  5. M

Acoustic Signature Challenger Mk1 - Origin Live modded RB250 tonearm - Music Maker 3 moving iron cartridge; Acoustic Signature Challenger by Macvisual Photography, on Flickr
  6. M

Croatian high end turntable

I've sent them an email over a day ago with a couple of questions and no reply as yet....
  7. M

Consonance T988 unipivot tonearm

Anyone using a Consonance T988 unipivot tonearm? I've heard a lot about them but not actually had the chance to hear one in the flesh. I'm using a Len Gregory Music Maker 3 moving iron cartridge. I'd love to hear thoughts/views/experience from T988 owners/users please. Appreciated. Thanks...
  8. M

If you look at their eBay listings they state "life time warranty", as below; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Straight-from-the-factory-SAM-Turntable-and-Tonearm-33-3-45-rpm-/272457987883?hash=item3f6fc2f72b:g:EEMAAOSwXeJYMzMi
  9. M

Great to read these replies regards these Croatian turntables, it was an audio friend of mine that's now told me about these TT's, I've presently got the lend of a used Acoustic Signature Challenger Mk1 TT for a week to decide if I want it......... sounding pretty decent in my hi-fi setup, but...
  10. M

What's British in your system?

I've clinched a deal on an immaculate 'Tube Technology Unisis Signature' valve integrated amplifier. I'm a very happy man.
  11. M

VPI Scout Master advice

Ok guys n' gals; I'm currently looking closely at the VPI Scout Master with standard JMW-9 unipivot tonearm, I'd love to hear from owners/users of this turntable regards how this tt sounds please..? I like my vinyl to sound open/dynamic and punchy. Does the VPI Scout Master offer an upgrade...
  12. M

Two words say it:

It's cold.
  13. M

What's British in your system?

Recently purchased a Kinshaw Perception 2x box phono-stage which has both MM/MC and adjustable values --- sounds truly excellent. It's 1994 era.
  14. M

Your cheapest component that made the biggest difference?

A few years ago I was given (free) a Dual 504 turntable, all I paid was the postage and it's a very good deck for little money, I've fitted a Len Gregory Music Maker 3 moving magnet cartridge, it makes GREAT music! That's what it's all about...
  15. M

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

David Sylvian - Secrets Of The Beehive (vinyl)
  16. M

Tube Technology Unisis

Any owners her using a 'Tube Technology Unisis' integrated amplifier? I've recently clinched a deal on one. I heard one in my friends hi-fi system as was really impressed with the sound and dynamics, extremely well built and looks stunning. Would love to hear from other owners of this fabulous...
  17. M

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Carol Kidd -- Nice Work (vinyl)
  18. M

Dual 504
  19. M

What's your latest audio purchase?

A 2x box phono-stage, Kinshaw Perception, British made from around the mid 1990's, switchable MM and MC with adjustable values also. Sounding simply wonderful.
  20. M

Anyone here run a Acoustic Signature Challenger Mk1 tt ? Would love to hear your view/impression of it please and which tonearm it's fitted with etc... Thank you. Peter Scotland
  21. M

Where to start with McIntosh gear?

I've only recently got into McIntosh gear myself, wonderful. As from yesterday I've added another Mac MC275 valve amp into my hi~fi system, really fabulous sounding in mono~bloc mode! I'm using 'balanced' (XLR) connection, excellent.
  22. M

What cables are you using?

I'm using balanced XLR interconnects by Audio Synthesis (Nottingham - UK), called, SilverBlue SQ. I use these above XLR cables with my two Mac MC275's fed into a Classe Audio 30 pre, Quad 57's, Audiomeca Mephisto transport connected to a Sony JA50ES as a DAC, fabulous!
  23. M

C2200 -v- C2300

Apart from the phono stage in these two Mac C2200 and C2300 pre amps, is there much difference in sound between the two? I'll not be using a t/table so phono is not an issue. Any experience/views appreciated.
  24. M

Adding another MC275

Thanks guys for your views/replys! I'll stick with one Mac 275 for now, I'm borrowing a Mac C2300 pre-amp on Thursday to try in my audio system, my current pre-amp is an older Classe Audio 'thirty', I sounds great, I heard a Mac C2300 pre a few years ago at a hi-fi show and was stunned how good...
  25. M

Adding another MC275

My room size is 15' x 17' (feet). I listen at decent levels, not ear shattering loudness. I've the choice of either Audioplan Kontrast Mk11's (floorstanding speaks), and a pair of Quad ESL 57's. The Audioplans would be connected more as my partner doesn't like the ESL 57 electrostatic panel...
Back
Top Bottom