Search results

1. gjposner

Zone 2 subwoofer woes/ custom speaker selector?

I have switches for days, and normally order from McMaster or Digikey sometimes I may have in stock as well which I do in this case. I know the amp has a common ground but I prefer separate switches.
  2. gjposner

I figured with a pair of DPDT you could theoretically have both active at the same time. With a 4PDT there is only one. I figure the DPDT would be the presumed option as it would technically allow for running of other stuff easily for testing or other purposes. Allows for easy expansion as...
  3. gjposner

The dual load would only come into account if it was a pair of DPDT switches and both were activated but even then, with the Spicas apparently being 20 ohms each, the overall load would still be WAY within the specs of the 809. It is certified for 4 ohms no problem.
  4. gjposner

Basically. Was wanting to use Zone 2 for that but it seems a switch box is in order :/ Any ideas on if protection is ACTUALLY needed or if I can just wire some DPDT or DPST switches and do it that way? I can make a proposed wiring diagram if desired.
  5. gjposner

I have recently added a pair of Spica TC-50's to my living room which sit atop my everyday speakers (heavily modded CV LS-12's which includes new tweeters, crossover matrix, and custom wound VC on woofer for impedance matching). Previously I had been moving the speaker wire, but having just...
  6. gjposner

1 day deal for 14 gauge speaker wire

Just ordered 10 (200ft) One can always use wire. Was 43.95 to my door, but I am in Florida, fairly close to them, just not close enough to make the trip cheaper than shipping ha ha.
  7. gjposner

So I guess copper is copper and just buy some?
  8. gjposner

https://www.accessories4less.com/?page=deal_of_the_day No affiliation to A4L Saw, thought about jumping, any thoughts? It is about half the price of Monoprice which I figure is probably the cheapest around. I know this is no Blue Jeans, but I don't think its that bad, what about you all...
  9. gjposner

Flattening an Album and graduation story

Sorry about the long delay. I have been dealing with some family issues, all is well now though. The images are attached. I think it is obvious which cap is mine, but for those wondering there is a quad of 6CW5's, a pair of 12AT7's, 44 470ohm resistors cut to length and hand soldered in...
  10. gjposner

Flattening an Album and graduation story

I grabbed an Dark Side of The Moon at a flea market for 3 dollars and it is in great shape, besides it is warped. The needle jumps ever so slightly, I would like to know if there is a reliable way to flatten it, even just a bit, it does not need to be 100% flat, but the closer the better...
  11. gjposner

Ports Vs. Passive Radiators

are there any modeling programs you would recommend? I can get decent dimensions of the area, but I would love a program to tell me all this. What would opposing ports do to tuning? One firing into the driver compartment and one into the passenger. If possible I would like one subwoofer on...
  12. gjposner

thank you :) Glad someone thought of that... Anyways, guys, whats the consensus for a newbie at box building and PR's? Plug the ports during cleaning, or run the PR's Hell, I can even do another sealed box.. but kind of wanted the extra output that a port or PR offer..
  13. gjposner

Jobs

I am having issues trying to find work that I will actually enjoy. At this point I don't care about pay, I just want to do something I love.. My big interests are audio stuff (obviously), Electric vehicles and alternative energy. My dream is to open my own EV shop but i have neither the...
  14. gjposner

yea, hence why I am hesitant on a port or 2.. They would be hidden and rain would not get to them, but I would have to plug for cleaning and whatnot..
  15. gjposner

I am not sure honestly. I would believe so? I have little experience with building boxes.. I do have a fair amount of room though..
  16. gjposner

Honestly I have no idea how to mass load a PR and anything like that.. So honestly it would be an install, test, tweak kind of thing. Use my ears as the calibrated system because I have wonderfully tuned hearing from hours of time spent in a now out of business audio shop when I was younger...
  17. gjposner

Yes! I once, as a kid, put my foot through it, as a punishment my father made me replace it and listen to them for 30 hours overall (the passives were 30 a piece at the time). Unfortunately he sold the speakers before I ever got an idea of what they were and how awesome they were. I liked...
  18. gjposner

I grew up listening to ESS AMT 1B's and loved their sound. The idea of passives came from them. I just have no idea how they would work in a mobile audio application.. You always see people doing either ported or sealed, seldom doing Passive Radiators.. I figured there may be a reason?
  19. gjposner

So it has finally come to the time when I am installing a completely custom sound array in the electric vehicle project. 12 mids and highs from polk audio and tangband (4inch coax's from polk and some 3inch Tangs on buyout from PE for some vocal help). I think I am going with the Dayton DVC...
  20. gjposner

Maggies near me

http://images.craigslist.org/5L45G65F73Gc3L33Ndc3q0e96394ea9991555.jpg Seller says they are SMG's. Nothing about quality or anything like that.. Asking 180 for them. Noaf obviously as I am looking to buy. Good price? I feel like they need work at that price and I am not sure if I can...
  21. gjposner

Marine Amps

Yes, this is true. Any idea of a charging system on the atv? if you want, say 360watts, you need a minimum of a 30amp alternator for just the amplifier. Power= amps x volts
  22. gjposner

Marine Amps

The EV runs on 120Vdc and the audio is 12Vdc so they are completely separate systems isolated from each other. The use of the stereo does not affect range. I have 220AH (twin D3100's) of 12v power to keep everything happy and when I need it I can draw up to 30amps from the main pack. That is...
  23. gjposner

Marine Amps

It is a custom tube frame chassis. Based on a sand rail design, but up to NHRA and DOT standards. Mids and highs will be in the 'roof' pointing towards the people in the vehicle. Subs will go where they can be fit as since it is open air, you need a fair amount of bass to work with the mids...
  24. gjposner

Any audio suggestions around Tampa?

Never knew about Bananas and I am 30 min away from tampa -_- Glad to see what anyone else says though because I have no idea.. :lurk:
  25. gjposner

Marine Amps

I am building an open air electric vehicle and will be using this amplifier: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_33984_Clarion-XN3410.html (prolly just one 4 channel bridged to 3) with at least 12 mids and highs and hopefully 4 subs minimally. SQ set up FWIW.
Back
Top Bottom